Stila Stay All Day 10-in-1 HD Beauty Balm

3.7

ingredients: Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Hydroxypropylcocoate PEG-8 Dimethicone, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Isopentyldiol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phytic Acid, Silica, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-37, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Glucosamine HCl, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris (Mugwort) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene,Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Butylphenyl Methyl Propional, Linalool May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491).

on 5/2/2015 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first BB cream I bought and I wore it daily for about 4 months before I started to notice it left a white cast when applied that was tough to blend out. The texture is really nice but I'd say this is better as a primer than a BB balm. Too expensive for me, especially since it didn't meet my expectations. I've since tried a number of other BB creams with much better results. Also, the scent is little strange but thankfully it doesn't seem to linger for too long. Maybe it's better for someone with a flawless complexion and skin on the dry side but for my combination skin, it's not ideal.

on 1/30/2015 10:31:00 PM

On the package - broad spectrum SPF 30 and water resistant (80 minutes). I didn't try these components because it's winter at the moment. I'll get back to this review in the summer.

on 1/23/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This BB cream truly does stay on all day and gives good coverage. The scent is not overpowering at all and the texture is just perfect. I do start to shine around the T Zone after 6 hours of wear, but that's inevitable with oily skin!

on 1/17/2015 4:17:00 PM

Have had this in my makeup droor for a while. I used it on a trip to the Caribbean because I saw it was supposedly water-resistant. Welllll the coverage isn't great, it's more like an orange tinted moisturizer than anything out. Like just puts an orangey cast on your face without covering anything. It doesn't drip/leak or smudge in the water, but it fades. Oh well. Came in a set amongst other things so whatever. Would be good for you if you just need sheer coverage and are tan-ish.

I have never been one to follow beauty trends, but once all my friends got on the BB cream craze, I had to see what all the fuss was about. I asked a friend which to try and she recommended this one from Stila and I've kept it in my daily routine ever since. I love mixing 1 part BB cream with 1 part of my Benefit foundation and 1 part of brightener. This leaves my skin with great medium coverage, hydrated, and bright for a natural beautiful glow. Would definitely recommend to individuals who don't necessarily love makeup but want something to even skin tone and leave you refreshed with stunning even skin.

on 6/29/2014 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

The product has really good coverage especially for a bb cream, I have really normal skin which becomes dry in the winter and a little oily in the summer. I've been looking for a new product to replace my garnier bb cream which tends to be too greasy for the summer. After putting this on in the morning, I felt it had good coverage but didn't really like the thickness of the product. By the end of the end of the day I honestly could not wait to get home and take it off my face, it felt sticky, goopy, and just disgusting on my face. I've worn the heaviest of foundations and have never felt this way. It only gets 2 stars for its coverage and for the fact that it performed to a mediocre level throughout the day.

on 6/8/2014 12:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really love this product. I use it instead of foundation and it provides just enough coverage for me. My skin has improved since using it too. Will definitely repurchase.

on 5/20/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am so conflicted with this one. This is the first BB cream I've tried, so I don't have much to compare it too, thus I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and give it four lippies.

There have been times I've used it and it looks great, and times when it looks really gross. I guess it's dependent upon what kind of skin day I'm having (my skin is super tempermental; case in point, if I don't drink enough water, if I don't get enough sleep, etc.) If you have an even skin tone, this would probably be perfect for you. However, I have redness and large pores, and I don't feel this BB cream does that great of a job covering that up (I have to come in with my NARS creamy concealer after - which gives amazing coverage). The colour does blend nicely into my skin, however, and it doesn't dry my skin out OR make it oily, so big pluses there.

It's okay for days when you don't need to put on much makeup, like lazy days when you just need to run a few errands or whatever. I wouldn't depend on it for more than that though, as I prefer my coverage to be full and flawless for days when I'm doing more important stuff. I wouldn't repurchase just because it's kind of pricy for just being okay, and I plan on trying something else a bit cheaper when it runs out.

on 5/10/2014 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm a little biased here since I'm not into the whole BB cream thing. I find them to be a bit pointless, especially if you're a full coverage type. I prefer a primer and foundation combination. BB creams don't really fit into that equation except for it adding another step/product/layer to my face. Typically I use them as a primer which I find doesn't work as well as a "real" primer such as Smashbox or something strictly meant to be used as a foundation primer. However, I do see how they serve a purpose to those who want to wear a bit of makeup, but don't want to go all full coverage that day. Foundations are an individualized preference unique to everyone, hence why they come in all shapes and sizes.

I am a HUGE fan of Stila in general and tried this in conjunction with the Stay All Day foundation and concealer. I felt that trio was a great combination together and it lasted more or less for about 10 hours or so.

I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase this product on it's own without the other products, but I would probably give it another chance and find other ways to work with it if I found a good deal on it somewhere.

UPDATE: I've increased my rating from three stars to four stars because since writing this review I have tried many other BB creams and ended up revisiting this one recently. I noticed this one is much richer and creamier hence more coverage than the average BB cream. If I happen to be using a BB cream at the moment, a lot of the time I feel the need to add a small amount of foundation to it for a night out so as to add a bit more coverage. I didn't feel the need to do this with this particular BB cream, which was impressive to me. However, I will say for those who are major fans of BB creams/lighter coverage, this may be too rich for you. I used the illuminating one this time around and found it added a beautiful glow to my skin despite my oily skin issues as of late. It has SPF 30 in it, which is convenient and a great habit to get into. My only con with this product at this point is the price ($38), but I am glad I gave this another chance!

on 4/9/2014 12:21:00 PM

This product has really grown on me. I am always in search for the perfect BB cream as I hate putting layers on my face each morning of moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer etc... I have tried soo many! From the cheapest to the most expensive and I keep coming back to this even though I am always looking for that miracle product. I am pretty sure it does not exist. I like light to medium coverage depending on my complexion that day. At first, I was a little put off by the color I am light to light-medium skin tone and this 1 shade seemed a bit too bronzed colored for me but it adjusts to your skin really well! It is definitely a sheer coverage but enough to even out your skin tone and buildable if you need a little more as I do on my sometimes pinkish cheeks. I do use a concealer for under eyes and if I have a blemish, this product will not cover flaws well but again a great overall skin evener. I have combination skin so on some days I do need a touch up with a with an oil absorbing powder. I have not had any breakouts do to this product and it feels so light on my skin, for the most part, depending on your activities it does stay on all day for me. Not sure about all the other things it claims to do, but I do not believe any makeup can diminsh wrinkles, minimize pores etc. So if you are looking for sheer coverage for everyday use I think this is a great product!