July 23, 2014 | 1205 users online

Fragrances - Calgon - Red Velvet Body Mist

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jedda

I love this scent. They describe the notes as lemon, patchouli, and vanilla, but the overall scent is much more complex than the name lead me to expect. I do not smell a strong "cake" note, or cocoa. I do smell strong vanilla musk, sweetness, incense, and a bit of cream cheese frosting.

On first spray, I immediately thought of Aqualina Blue Sugar. This is not a BS dupe, but it "feels" similar. I have tested them side by side, with the Aqualina cologne on one wrist, and this Calgon spray on the other side. They are not identical, but they certainly play well together. Red Velvet Cake has a stronger vanilla note, to my nose. If you like Pink Sugar and Blue Sugar, you will probably like Calgon's Red Velvet Cake.

Staying power on SKIN is about average, I get about 2-3 hours out of this spray. If I add a quick spritz to my sweater, I can still smell it 6 hours later. It also smells nice as a linen spray.

I recently found this body spray at Family Dollar, in a gift set. For $10, you get a 6oz spray, and a 4oz body lotion in this scent (Red Velvet Cake) as well as a lotion and spray in the Mmm Marshmallow scent. If you can find this gift set, snatch it up. It is an amazing deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the smell of this product, it's really rich and warm. Usually I wouldn't use those words to describe scents but in this case I make an exception.
The only con to this scent is that you could easily use too much of it. It's a one-spritz only kind of scent.
Other than that, would definitely repurchase & recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells so delicious! I have been wearing it non stop and I couldn't pinpoint what other fragrance it reminded me of. Then it came to me - it reminds me of a lighter version of Comptoir du Pacifique Vanille Abricot. This is a lot less cloying, less fruity (and way less expensive) though. I just love this scent, and I am not really a fan of red velvet cake. It smells like cream cheese frosting and vanilla to me. So yummy. I wish Calgon would make more products in this scent, at least a body lotion to go with this. Will def. repurchase.