August 23, 2014 | 1040 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer - Cherry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Wasn't the red I was hoping for. It's a toned down red. Toned down with a brownish undertone. Even still it is a beautiful color and I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely warm coral/red. Looks very pretty on my nc42 skintone. Shimmer is minimal, not frosty. Formula feels comfortable on lips. Usually swipe this on when I'm in a rush and don't have time to do any makeup. Gives a nice pop of color that brightens my face up. I love this so much I purchased several tubes, so I always have it available. Keep one in the car, purse, home etc...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by diloretta

A nice warm happy red. Sometimes I even use it on my cheeks. I also have Watermelon, Strawberry, Rhubard (get lots of compliments when I wear this) and also Radiant. Love all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by greencatydid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy this forever!!!!!! My previous HG lip balm was BBs watermelon lip shimmer, but this one surpasses it 10 fold! The thing I like most about it is that it looks so natural on your lips. If I wasn't so messy with application, it would look like my actual lips, unless, you know, if you were an inch away from my face. Another reason why it is so amazing is the color of it. I'm of Irish descent with dark brown hair but skin like a redhead, so I'm the palest they come with blue eyes. This lipcolor suits me PERFECTLY. I feel like snow white wearing it :) It's a pretty bright red color, more like a strawberry color than a cherry, and it would suit a cooler skin tone like mine. Although it it bright red, its a natural bright red and can be worn casually on the days you feel confident and sassy ;)
Like the other BB lip shimmers, it smells like peppermint. I wouldn't call it moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out your lips, your lips basically stay at the same level of hydration.
The little tube makes it easy to apply to small lips and offers more precision. It stays on ok if you don't eat or drink anything, but if you do, it's off within seconds. But who cares! It's a lipbalm so reapplying isn't much of a hassle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by golightly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally I have found a deeply moisturizing, richly pigmented lip balm with great ingredients in a bright red shade that actually shows up as a non berry, true warm ish red on my really pigmented mauvey lips that pull all colors pink or fuschia. A great alternative for me from a stain, many of which also pull cool. Moisturizing, glowy but not shiny, easy and precise application due to the tiny tube, little shimmer but not too much to be frosty. I've also used rhubarb but that is more of your standard berry red shade -- this one is a great, summery red that I am super tempted to stock up on just in case, evn though it's a new color. And I never stock up on things, believing that half he pleasure is the hunt. Major adoration.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Despite the bright fire engine red on the tube Cherry applies a subtle coral red. If you liked Rhubarb but wanted something slightly deeper/redder, Cherry's for you. Burt's Bees finally fixed the problem where you couldn't retract the color back in the tube, so there's no reason to not pick up this color (and several more).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No