August 20, 2014 | 1293 users online

Palettes - LORAC - Unzipped

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

This palette is gorgeous. The shades inside are rosey/warm bronzey tones that just work together beautifully. There are so many neutral palettes out there but I feel like this one is just so unique. The shades have fantastic color payoff and I feel like you are getting a great deal! (10 large high end shadows for $4 each and that doesn't even include the primer that comes with it!) I have fallen in love with this palette and would definitely recommend you try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette and everything about it. The colors are so versatile for my ski tone. Perfect for day time and evening looks. At first when I received it (gift) I kind of had no idea how to blend these colors together, so I watched a few YouTube tutorials which were so helpful! When I went to work the next day one of the girls really like how pretty it was. This has to be one of my all time favorites and will continue to purchase over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

Wonderful palette. Especially for brown eyes. The wine colors compliment and bring out the bit of green in my eyes. Lorac is known for their creamy, smooth, and very pigmented colors. I also love how big the pans are large. This will be lasting a while and I am enjoying it. a wonderful addition to my growing palette collection. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best palette I've ever owned. If I don't know what look I'm going for, I grab this and it works for both daytime and nighttime, as well as simple to dramatic. This is way better than the highly raved about Naked palette from UB in my opinion. The unzipped palette also photographs very well in comparison to the Naked palette. Lorac is slowly starting become one of my favorite high-end brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by cwabby

This is hands down my favourite eyeshadow palette. The colours are just gorgeous with just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. It has a nice range of rose golds, browns mixed with burgundy and purple. The quality is fantastic and is less powdery than the lorac pro palette. I also like the fact that these pans are much larger than my pro palette and so I won't be running out soon.

The palette is nice and slim, and doesn't waste much space. It has a magnetic snap to close which feels very secure. It is so nice and compact, and fits nicely into my handbag for travel. This is the first palette that i've wanted to buy backups for because it is just so beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by almondeyed88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so I wanted to write a review for this palette because I've seen some ppl dissatisfied with it. Please read the review and try out my recommendations for working with the shadows before you return it. I had heard great things about Lorac's eyeshadows and this was one of the few makeup items I have bought without seeing it in person. I bought it based on pictures and tutorials I watched.

So on to the review. When I first got the palette I thought the colors were gorgeous to look at. They are smooth and creamy. Reminds me a bit of my MAC eyeshadows. When I applied them on my lid I was disappointed. Many ppl have complained that colors look different on the lid compared to swatch, colors blend into one another, and you can't tell a difference between eyeshadows after you apply it. I definitely agree. I don't know if its the formula or what. I do notice that shades like Unbelievable, Unattainable, and Uncensored have similar finishes and tend to just blend into one another. Unattainable was one of the shades that drew me to buying it but it looks completely different on my lid. In the pan its a beautiful bronzy gold shade. On my lid its a dull muted gold color. When I apply Undiscovered (light gold shade), it looks similar to Unattainable. For a second I thought I had made a mistake by buying it. I realized that you need to use color bases to emphasize or change the color of the shadows. I've been using NYX Jumbo Pencil in Dark Brown for some shades and it has worked great. It makes the color Unattainable to the exact color in the pan. It darkens the color Uncensored (a soft brown shade with rosy undertone close to my skin shade) and makes it into a pretty bronzy shade that reminds me of Iman's eyeshadow in Tigereye (which is one of my fav's). To help with shadows blending into one another, I suggest you mix a shade with a matte one. For ex, I will use Unbelievable all over the lid and then mix Uncensored and Unspoken together and put in the crease. Having a different eyeshadow finish esp a matte will help to break up that annoying blending that the shadows offer. Don't get me wrong the eyeshadows are great quality but some of them do tend to blend into one another. I would definitely experiment using color bases and try out different looks with the eyeshadows before giving up. Btw, I absolutely love the Unbelievable, Uncensored, and Unspoken look I mentioned above. When I first saw Unbelievable (rosy gold) I thought it was a beautiful shade but it looked weird on my lid. I have never had problems with pink shades but Unbelievable was weird. But adding the other shades makes such a beautiful look. It reminds me of Clinique's Strawberry Fudge duo which is one of my favorite duo's. It's like the older more subtle but just as beautiful sister of Strawberry Fudge.

I am an NC45 shade but more neutral with an olive undertone. Not as yellow as a typical NC45. I think this palette is perfect for all skintones/undertones, esp ppl who felt Naked 1 was too warm. I think its great for daywear/office wear. The looks are soft, romantic, and glowy. The only issue I have with the palette is I wish Lorac would have picked a darker color for the container since yellow will stain easily. I also wish the names were more unique so I could remember them lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this palette so badly. I found to many dupes to justify keeping it. I used strange from UD or white chocolate from too faced chocolate bar. I used UD trick.. UD tease or nooner.. Also soulful and all heart from it cosmetics for unconditional and unspoken. I used marzipan, crime brle and amaretto from too faced. I also used toasted and half baked and busted.

The palette was ok if you don't already own a ton of palettes. I wasn't amazed at the quality. Untamed and unreal have awful pigmentation in my palette. I would return if I had a receipt. Pretty palette on some skin tones I am sure. I am fair and many of the tones turn orange on me ;(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

With a heavy heart, I must say that this palette was not worth the money. The warm, bronzy shades are gorgeous. I know people compare it to the UD Naked 3 but to be honest, the shades aren't "pinky" at all. I wouldn't go for this palette if you like an everyday smoky eye. My biggest complaint with these shadows are the shimmery ones which seem to be baked and hard to work with. Once on the lids, it's difficult to blend out which is why I can see people say some of the shades looks similar when applied. I find Lorac palettes to be overall inconsistent - just feel the shadows in the Pro palette and then compare it to the shadows in the Unzipped. Unfortunately, the beautiful colors in this palette did not translate on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this LORAC palette! I am a neutral shade lover and this palette was made for me! There are 10 shades total; 4 matte, 5 shimmer, and 1 semi-matte (Untamed). The colors are gorgeous for my blue eyes and truly make my eyes pop. There are 2 matte shades to which I use as transition shades which are packed with pigmentation; 1 is a warm mauve shade and 1 is a warm medium brown which is good for day time and night time looks. All colors in this palette have fantastic pigmentation and I've never had an issue with fallout. It is such a romantic palette that allows for both soft or sultry looks.

My favorite shades are (1) the truest rose gold 'Unbelievable' and (2) a light gold/champagne-rosegold hybrid 'Unreal'. I also own the LORAC Pro which is wonderful yet find myself reaching for the Unzipped more often I just can't get enough of the rosegold, bronzey, warm colors! Packaging is fabulous and is has proven durable during many traveling adventures. On the inside is a good sized mirror which is great as well. My favorite combinations are Unspoken or Unconditional in the crease with Unreal on the lid for a fresh faced daytime look and Unspoken in the crease with Unbelievable on the lid with Unbridled in the outer V to really smoke things out. I can't stop raving about this palette it's such a steal; will definitely run out to purchase another if/when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by chevella70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this palette a few days ago, and I'm very pleased. It contains some matte and some shimmer shades, which is nice. The reason I purchased it in the first place was because the matte shades included were so rich and colorful. I'm so bored with all the matte shadows being pastels or neutrals, but this one rocks.

The shadows are very pigmented and all the shades inside are versatile and absolutely lovely. It seems to me that every palette out there has that one shade that's kind of lame and a bit of a throw-away color. Not this palette. Every color is fabulous.

As I said, they're very pigmented. They also blend quite smoothly. I'm very glad I bought this one.