LORAC Unzipped

4.6

on 5/18/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Why on earth did I wait so long to buy this palette? It is just perfect for my coloring- really makes my eyes look so blue. I've bought several other palettes in the meantime that I don't love nearly as much, like Chocolate Bar and TF Boudoir Eyes. My only quibble would be a wish for a couple more matte shades. Just buy it, already!

Gorgeous colors, especially for blue eyes, and great quality shadows. They are super pigmented and blend well. My only problem with this palette is the metallic colors tend to make my aging lids look crepey. Despite that, I have hit pan on about 5 colors. There is a good ratio of shimmer and matte shadows and the packaging is slim and compact.

on 2/26/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

SO HAPPY WITH THIS PALETTE! one of my favourites to use, the tones in this are gorgeous. leans more towards mauve/pink shades and Im a warm coloured person but really, the colours complement my NC40 skin anyway.

the mattes are easily bendable. They are quite pigmented (not as pigmented as MELT or Anastasia Cosmetic eyeshadows, i would compare the pigmentation to Tarte) and i always start off with a little amount on my brush just to make sure that i don't screw up.
there are three mate shades and the rest are all a shimmer/glitter. there is no fallout for any of the colours.
when i layer the colours one over the other, they really blend and mesh well; i love that in a palette, when the creators have put a lot of thought into how the colours change when they layered over each other (MELT cosmetics have done a good job at this too).

the colours wear on me for a good 7 hours and then begin to fade. the shimmers tend to fade first. The eyeshadows are not the butteriest I've ever tried, but it doesnt matter because they blend well anyway. there is no smell to the eyeshadows.

packaging is cardboard, decent and generous sized eyeshadow pans. large mirror. I'm not a huge fan of cardboard eyeshadow palettes but what can you do, they store will too because they're slim.

all colours have not disappointed except for the bottom right shade called untamed. I think i may have bought a dud palette because untamed has that 'hard eyeshadow' film over the top; the film that happens to eyeshadows and you can't get the colour on your brush?? (i don't know how to explain it any other way haha) I'm not sure how to remedy this, i will try scraping it off soon to see if that works.

I purchased mine from Ulta for between $40 and $45 USD. it was the last one and i am not disappointed. I would buy this again if i lost it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the second time I ever purchase a high end palette worth $42 (the first one was the Sustainable Shadow Box from Urban Decay). And it was actually sort of a mistake. Since I have reddish hair and a light warm undertoned skin I purchased the LORAC Unzipper GOLD palette on the Nordstrom website and it got stolen at my postal service, so I called and they sent this one as a replacement because they were out of stock for the palette I originally wanted.
When I opened it and saw the colors I was not dissapointed at ALL! All the colors are neutrals and browns with a pink or mauve undertone (except for Undercover, the bone white highlighting shade, and Undiscovered, the neutral pale gold color). I used it today for the first time and the colors are so saturated I actually over did the makeup a couple of times and had to start all over again. Just the TINIEST dab of the metallic or shimmery eye shadows are enough for your whole lid. Two of the matte eye shadows are not as rich in color but I could visualize why. Their purpose is most likely for transitioning or blending the eyeshadows at the crease, which worked amazingly well for my look. The only color that dissapointed me was Undercover because it is the least pigmented eyeshadow, it is actually quite chalky, but with a primer it shows really well. Other than that I have NO complaints about this palette.
The colors are rich, I can invent a variety of looks for day time as well as night time with this product, and the shadows are a great size for what you pay for. Highly recommend if you're looking for something very similar to the Naked 3 palette but $14 cheaper ;)

on 1/22/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

If you love neutrals, you can't go wrong with this palette. I really didn't "need" this palette since I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, but I can't help it, I have an addiction! :)

Colors are very saturated, so less is definately more. They're blendable and flattering on most complexions. If you're the type that doesn't really go for major color on the eyes, then this is for you. The only con is that I wish they had more mattes and less shimmer. Other than that I love it.

on 1/14/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette! I think this palette is the be all and end all for a smoky, naked look.Soft silky feel to shadow, but not as much fallout as UD shadows. Very easy to apply, and lasts for hours and hours!

on 1/11/2015 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the colors in this palette, but as far as the quality of the shadows, they're just okay. Personally, I love the buttery smooth shadows in the Pro palettes, and these just aren't the same. You have to work a little more to build up the shadow intensity. The shadows feel much harder in the pans. I just don't find myself reaching for this palette because I don't enjoy using the eyeshadows as much as I wish I did. They're not awful, just not what I expected from Lorac.

on 1/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

Wow! I might be the only person that doesn't like this! I ordered it online through amazon.com because Lorac is not sold at Sephora anymore and is difficult to find in Canada. I like the slim packaging and the colours look great in the pan but for me, that's where the positives end. I find that the shadows don't have a lot of pigmentation, especially the lighter colours. I thought maybe is was because of the Lorac primer which I had used, but no...the same lack of pigmentation with UD primer, Laura Mercier, and TF shadow insurance. I'm not sure why these don't show up on me after so many positive reviews. Maybe I was sent a fake palette, but I doubt it. This one is a miss for me.

on 12/28/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh my holly lord of the universe i love love looove this pallete! Pigmentation is 5/5, NO FALLOUTS (surprise!!), NO CREASING (record - without primer), great color selection!! Cant say anything bad BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING BAD!

on 12/24/2014 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Me:NW45ish.
Just. freakin'. gorgeous. As usual LORAC quality and blendibility is on point. I actually plan my OOTD around this palette. What is there to say that hasn't already been said. OH! I did buy the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette and while I do enjoy it, LORAC knocked it outta the park. Are there Revealed 2 shade dupes, yep, but IMHO Lorac has that something extra that took it to the next level. Even though I got this with 20% off, I would not hesitate to re-purchase at full price.

Popular Palettes