April 23, 2014 | 1410 users online

Eyeliner - Clarins - Instant Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Instant Liner is by far one of the better liquid liners for creating many different looks, styles and eyeliner shapes. The brush doesn't have loose hairs or a rigid felt tip applicator, but instead is a good mix between the two giving the user better control. The liquid is not too shiny once set and doesn't dry a different colour. I recommend that you have a lot of practice with cheaper eyeliner before purchasing and expensive liner as they can run out quick. I am happy with this addition to my makeup bag and has replaced my old favourite L'Oréal eyeliners.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DarthSkittles

A very blue-black liner and is definitely not recommended for people who have just started using eyeliner or liquid liner. It's hard to manage and can become very wonky if you don't have much experience, trust me haha. Beware, it is definitely not waterproof!!!!!! I've actually grown to like this product but since it was a gift, I'm a bit iffy with buying this product myself as it is pretty expensive for a liner that doesn't please me as well as I'd thought

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Probably one of the worst eyeliners I have ever used and I'm not even kidding which is the sad part. It smudges, it is not particularly black, very watery, very hard to apply and is SUPER messy. Ugh. Just hate this stuff. Wish I had the receipt!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the blackest eyeliner I have ever found. Unfortunately, that's where the good points end. The formula is the very opposite of waterproof, and streaks and runs at the slightest bit of moisture - tears, rain, humidity etc. The brush is tricky to master and deposits too much product, so you need to wipe the applicator on the lid of the bottle to take off the excess. I can't do precise, thin lines with it either, only thicker solid lines. If I do do flicks on the corner of my eyes, the eyeliner's formula is so easily-transferable that they won't be there a few hours later. I just can't rely on this eyeliner to not smudge and smear!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very good liquid liner. Its extremely dark and the wand is something like a sponge tip. Its firm where I can do both thin and thick lines. I find this much easier to work with than the liners from both Lacome and Dior.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was getting a bit sick of kohl pencils and twist-up eyeliner sticks that just weren't black enough or smooth enough for me. The only one that I hold in high regard is an Indian brand called Chambor, which makes a truly buttery, rich, budgeproof, water resistant one called Dazzle.
But I'm not skilled enough to do wings with a pencil so I went swatching for a liquid one with a sponge-tip wand.
Yes I saw the Artliner and it was too expensive. L'Oreal and the smaller brands had too-watery formulas. But Clarins had the full package. Glossy black, a sponge-tip of the perfect size and resistance (rubbery but firm), and extremely long wear without peeling (Artliner did that). Pricey, yes, but it made no compromises.
It's gorgeous. I could control the thickness of the line at my very first go, the formula stayed put where applied and dried quickly. The only con (and I'm going to be gross here) is that at the end of the day, when I'm taking off my eye make-up, the eye goop is jet black.
And yes I can now do winged tips. Though getting both eyes to match certainly takes some practice