October 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

These do go on so beautifully and look so pretty its just a pity they don't last that long on before needing a touch up and the product itself dwindles down so fast. This would have definately been a repurchase if the pencil had shown signs of lasting longer.

Lovechild is a really pretty everyday neutral pink that looks great with all make-up looks, glides on creamily and feels moisturising. It has a very shiny almost plastic look and is a great lippy for layering too.

I have a few of these but this would be the colour I reach for the most, I bought the grindhouse sharpener at the same time but shouldn't have bothered as NYX twin jumbo and Australis twin jumbo sharpeners - sharpen these pencils just as well and are a whole lot cheaper than the UD one.

Some of the brighter colours in these pencils tend to wear longer on and are possibly not quite as creamy and moisturising as this one. I do enjoy Lovechild and do not regret this purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by pembrokee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First time, I tried this pencil I loved it. I thought the sharp color was great, and it really stood out. I like to wear the lovechild pencil underneath the lovechild gloss. Together, they look great. The downside is, the pencil needs to be sharpened after two applications. So, it dwindles down very quickly. Also, it does not last during the day. After about 45-60 minutes, it's gone. Urban Decay use to have another pencil that was similar to this, it was called Pleather pencil. The color of that lip pencil that lasted, and it also came with an UD fat pencil sharpener. IF you buy the super saturated pencil, you should also buy the Grind House sharpener. I would buy this again, but only on ebay, where I could score it for a good price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the lipcolour I most often reach for when I want something that doesn't clash with a heavier eye look. Very pretty, shiny, neutral pink. This isn't in any way a bold, statement pink- this is a girly pink that brightens up the face but won't grab too much attention. In my opinion, the warmth in the shade is much easier to wear and more flattering than those super cool-toned pale pinks that I try and stay away from- that is to say, this is *not* a MAC St. Germain pink.

I have two of these lip pencils now (Lovechild and FBomb), and they are most definitely true to their name- very glossy, and I find they feel quite moisturizing and very comfortable on the lip. But that also means you won't get long wear out of these, and will transfer right off with a sip out of your coffee mug. If you want to buy these pencils, you have to be willing to make that trade off.

The last thing I wanted to point out is that each time you sharpen these (they aren't mechanical, they have to be sharpened), I notice you really work through a fair amount of the pencil. Even with just a couple turns in the sharpener, the pencil shrinks by quite a few centimeters. If you use this fairly regularly, I can see this being widdled down to a nub fairly quickly.

If you're looking for a wearable, shiny, flattering pink, definitely check this shade out. I think it's a great one as we head into spring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I always look at this color when I am in Ulta, always. I am so drawn to the pretty petal pink. However, all the workers at Ulta kept steering me away from it. When I finally tried it on, I saw what they all saw. It is just too mid-toned...feeling almost warm pink to me (at least on me with my NW20 skin, almost black hair (3n), brown eyes, rosey/mauvey lips). I guess I was looking for a crayon version of MAC Creme Cup...I wish UD would bring out a true pale pink in these. While this is very pretty pink, it just doesn't work on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by benbaymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am soooo in love with this lip gloss!!! Its more like a very moisturizing lipstick to me, it's creamy and shiny, but very light on the lips. But the reason I love it so much is that's its the perfect pink for me, I could wear it everyday! The only downer to this it that you have to sharpen it, and if it were a twist up it would be my HG pencil but right now its just my HG color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Gorgeous soft pink! The formula is so smooth and not too shiny. I LOVE this pencil! It's very much a lipstick IMO but feels like a gloss kinda. The color is so rich and soft. It's very flattering on everyone I would imagine. It just gives a very soft color that is noticeable but anyone could wear it and not feel intimidated.

I am cool toned and very light and this is so pretty. LOVE the chubby pencil packaging!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

Generally speaking, I'm extremely intimidated by lipsticks. However, if you put it in a pencil form, I seem to be able to handle it xD
This pencil glides on so smoothly, and the pencil makes application fool-proof. This is what I keep in my purse for when I'm on the run and just need something. Love Child is a perfect soft pink thats universally flattering. It doesn't dry my lips out like crazy, and it doesn't need a lip liner because it stays put all by itself!
I also like that this product doesn't have any noticeable smell or taste. The generic cheap lipstick smell and taste sickens me! But this is odor free, it's the perfect lip pencil for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this new craze in fat lpencil lipsticks. I personally think the old school lipstick packaging should be done away with forever. When using on actors they get their own pencil and i generally don't even use a lip brush anymore. Great for touch ups on set and super easy (ok, when I am doing print or red carpet I still like the control and precision of a brush) I have tried lots of these style pencils: Tarte, Clinique Chubby Sticks, Bite, Urban Decay. I love them differently for different reasons and I think its helpful to see all in one review.
Tarte: I love the option of sheer or more pigmented matte. the colors are so fashion forward with the brighter matte choices. The sheers are perfect for every day wear and are fairly moisturizing
Clinique Chubby Sticks: Sheer and moisturizing. Love the color selection. Two Ton Tomato is such a fun orangey bright red and you don't have to have a surgeon's steady hand to apply like you do most reds. I apply it on the go mirror free! and Bountiful Blush is just hands down the best natural color out there. It works on everyone!
Sephora Bite: Not a huge color selection as of this review (4 or 5 colors at most at this point) but what they have is great! highly pigmented and smooth application. Great find!
Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss: I love this pencil. But it is not for the shy one. The colors are super vibrant (wow!!!) and yes, some of them quite loud. Which is so fun!!! Very pigmented! and smooth silky app. love love!
Hope this helps! If you are still going old school with your lipsticks, ditch 'em grandma!. come on over to fat lip pencil lipsticks - you'll never go back! (unless of course you are a makeup artist for runway, print, or redcarpet events where the control of a brush is still a tool we should be using... but who needs all that hassle if you're not??)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by fizzybiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first time i have bought urban decay. The price tags compared to the size of the products always put me off. But after reading reviews and seeing this lipstick in pictures, i just couldn't resist. It was not cheap at 14, i wouldn't mind if it lasted a long time, but i've only had it two days and need to sharpen it already. The colour is very pretty, but not a pale pink as it is described. It's more of a mid pink. I love the way it feels on my lips, smooth and doesn't dry them out. overall, it's a very nice lipstick but for the price i will not be purchasing it again, unless they actually do bring out a PALE pink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

When I saw that UD released a new lip color in the SSHG lip color (which really looks like a lip pencil), I wanted to try it out because I love Fbomb, Punch Drunk, Adrenaline, etc. Now, I haven't tried the UD lipstick version of this, but I imagine they should be the same. The color they describe as a pale pink. I would also add that this pink on my lips (I'm NC35) makes me look like Nicki Minaj. So, if you're looking for that type of pink, this one is very blue based and is prone to making your teeth look yellower if they're not super white. That being said, I say to UD to keep cranking out colors in the lip pencil formula because I love 'em.