October 31, 2014 | 944 users online

Lips - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain 7 Corail Aquatique

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love Rouge Pur Couture. I was a bit worried about bleeding, because the product feel very "glossy" in an old fashioned (and bleedy) way.

However, the results were spectacular. Never a lip gloss felt so comfortable without any bleeding. Feels also slightly hydrating and lasts long.

I bought this shade twice and another two in different shades. I love the fact that they also give a slightly re-pulping effect. However, they are not fir the faint hearted as very visible and glossy. I tend to use them more in summer and absolutely love the. The only down point is the crazily expensive price, but so far this is a product without competition.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

This unique gloss/stain formula and shade are quickly becoming staples for me, and I couldn't be more satisfied with this product's performance. As previous reviewers have described, #7 is a soft warm coral pink that's still opaque enough to be noticed on my pigmented lips...and it's truly flattering against my olive NC 42 winter skin. I see this as a year around color and one that's appropriate for a variety of settings. The formula delivers as advertised; it's incredibly long-wearing, doesn't feather, and is easily buildable. I also love the flexible spade-shaped brush, as it allows for precise application. This is definitely a case of getting what you paid for...even the window in the packaging is a thoughtful touch. I would certainly repurchase, and have already collected a few other lovely shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of the glossy stains...this color is particularly lovely. It's a coral-y warm pink on me and I love the sheen it imparts. I want one of these in every shade!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Nidat

This is one of the most amazing lip products I have tried in a very long time. No stickiness, no wearing off, and it stays glossy with opaque color! thats the combo for a perfect lip product. i apply first coat, lets it dry for a few seconds and do the same for a second and 3rd coat, i know it seems like a loong process but its not I promise and its SOOO WORTH IT! I have the number 7 and its the most amazing coral color. will compliment all skintones. i wear it before leaving the home for work, and at about ten hours later, after eating and drinking and going thru the usual daily routine, I still has a stain on my lips! Its amazing. Ladies, if you want to invest in 1 product, make it this. It is worth the investment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

7 corail aquatique is a beautiful warm pink that's suitable for everyday wear. i believe it will complement both yellow-toned and pink-toned skin. my skin is yellow-toned and it looks natural on my lips. i like this one lots but i have other lip colors i like more so i probably won't repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by twenty6twelve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love this color, it's very neutral yet you can still see the pigmentation. The packaging is very sleek & high end and you can see the color through the side. The product is very glossy and shiny but I can still enjoy it even though I'm not one for glosses, it'll stain your lips after about 3-5 minutes and you can add up the color. This particular color is very flattering and the best thing is that it can pretty much cover my lips which are quit dark especially after reapplication. It feels very nice and not so drying on you lips and I'll definitely recommend you this product in this color because it's such a lovely color to have in your collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I bought this sight unseen from sephora online last winter (2012) when I had a GC from my mum in law. I honestly have no idea what drew mento these glosses, mist have been promoted that day on sephora. And likely I was looking for something new and different since I have practically every lipstick and gloss NARS makes and had just been mega disappointed by a tom ford lipstick I splurged on for my b-day.

Reviewers seemed to really like color #7 so I decided to go for it because it sounded like a coral peach I could pull off. (I also orderd color #1, a dark violet purple which I love and will review). Color 7 live up to the reviews. It is a very soft peachy coral and looks very good on me, which most do not. It's warm and soft and I loved wearing it with my NARS LE turkes and Caicos cheek tink + laguna bronzed. (and thunder ball eye shadow as liner :))

Texture took some getting used to but in the end I liked everything about it. I wore it when I graduated from medical school and I am quite happy with how I look in the photos! The only sad thing is that I lost it!!! Boo hoo!! Will definitely repurchase. As in, I just ordered another one from sephora online ! :)

For reference I'm medium warm toned NC 35 yellow undertones, blue eyes and blond hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i would purchase this formula again but not this color. it did not even show up on my pigmented lips, too light it just disappeared. i tried the corail fauve #12 and that gave me a natural, rosy "everyday mlbb" look. i have NC42, tanned yellow toned southeast asian skin. at this price point i want a lot of color! fantastic formula though, goes on smooth and stays on through food/drink. some did come off in the inner lip but not a big deal. its glossy but not overly so and tacky, but again, not overly so. great lipstick! will look into the deeper & brighter colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by girlnextdoor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good every day, polished-but-still-minimal colour, gives great colour payoff that lasts about 3 hours with eating and drinking, with a bit of restrained and grown up gloss (which doesn't last). Does not look coral on my lips, more of a natural rosť colour.
Magically avoids the blotchy awfulness that happens with most stains, but doesn't looks like typical lipstick either. Pretty square gold and black tube with a big YSL logo.
This isn't a product that I would die without, but it does bring something different to the lipgloss table. Will probably buy again, despite the $$$ price tag.
I also have #12 coril fauve, and I love that one for a summertime 'wearable red'

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by sherylash8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i only need to reapply this thing twice/thrice a day! it stays in ur lips! even tho it's pricey but it's totally worth every cent!!!!