April 24, 2014 | 1820 users online

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by bleed18

Sinister...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's not very much positive I can say about this product, and this is the second Essence brand face product I've been disappointed in. Perhaps I'll stick to their lip products in the future, which always seem to work out fine.

The powder is incredibly chalky, although it feels soft and almost creamy to the touch in the pan. It also has some kind of lightly perfumed scent to it, which I just can't stand. On initial application it does provide a smooth matte finish, but it feels heavy and almost greasy on the skin. After one hour, the product completely disintegrated and left behind a thick oily layer of clumpy powder.

I used this product with a variety of different foundations, including on its own to top off a moisturizer on a low makeup day. It oxidized every single time. It never produced an acceptable result, and eventually found its way to the rubbish bin.

If you are looking for a budget mattifying compact powder, the All About Matt! pressed powder from Essence is a far superior product to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Eileeneileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best powder i ever had!!! I love it ♡

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

I have it in 02 Soft Beige, but I feel like the shade doesn't matter because it doesn't give any coverage. It is, afterall, a mattifying powder and not a foundation so that's okay.
The powder is extremely fine, it doesn't cake easily and has a nice vanilla scent. Only one application is required to mattify the face. It works wonderfully under the eyes as well, prevents my mascara from smudging. It's affordable, a lot of product, quick and easy to use. A great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

No me matifica todo el tiempo que necesito, dura máximo 2 horas (y estoy siendo generosa), aunque, mi piel mixta es complicada, no cumple con lo mínimo que requiero.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product but have to give it only 4 stars because of the mica in it. I prefer to wear bb creams and use this powder to set it afterwards. This would be great if it had no glitter (mica). I have combination/normal skin and I like a smooth finish and this keeps my makeup from slipping throughout the day. Does what it's supposed to and for a very reasonable price. I would buy again but I think I will keep looking for that ultimate go to Matt powder. My skin tone falls in the deep category with yellow undertones. I picked tan which may suit redder undertones. Will go a shade lighter next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder. It does what it says on the mattifying part,even though I felt that annoying floury feeling while I applied it. Not a biggie though,since it's very mattifying and ridiculously cheap. Gotta love Essence. Smells good too.I personally faced trouble choosing a shade since I have really fair skin and nothing suited me well, so I ended up mixing two shades to have a perfect result. Coverage is light to inexistent imo,but still looks good over a liquid foundation. You should probably buy it if you're looking for something good and not too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great product! I found it while I was looking for a powder with no parabens. I decided to try because of the ingredients and the price - 3,5 Euros. It was a good surprise: This is a good finishing powder, very natural and light.
I bought 04-perfect beige, a decent match for my light skin (rc-buff, mufe 117, mac-lighter and less yellow than nc20). I�m not sure this color would fit girls with strong yellow undertones but it works for me because I have mixed undt. I just wish there were more colors (only 4 available here) so everyone could try it. Try it if you can, essence products have good quality, and great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by xtorie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin is ridiculously oily. I use milk of magnesia as a primer, Revlon Colorstay, and corn starch as a setting powder. All this lasts about two hours, to give you a hint of how bad it is. Anyway, I bought this powder because it was oil-free and cheap, and I'm quite impressed. It's much easier to bring places than my corn starch (that just looks weird!), although I wish it had an applicator. It keeps me matte for about as long as corn starch does.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

I like this product! it does its intended purpose as it promises, but the only problem with it, is that it is shimmery. so that kinda defeats the matte part... but it def makes u look not shiny or oily, so the shimmer like does not show up on my skin. it goes on transleucent so there is only 1 color choice, which takes the guess work out of buying this product!! thank goodness! it is cheap so its great for a girl on a budget, and essence products are cutely packaged, and they have a great reputation, I personally love tons of their products!!!