October 20, 2014 | 864 users online

Powder - Essence - Mattifying Compact Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BeccaBxo

great product! i use it as powder to put over my foundation everyday. does exactly what it says it will, and cant beat the price of this brand!! only thing is the packaging fades and scratches off easily. but go buy this! haha

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by sclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great powder! I have it in 10 light beige and I absolutely love it! I bought it and thought: "too cheap, it will look gross on my skin like the Catrice one does" but hell no! Its fine milled, lightweight and I think its a great budget product for those with dry sensitive skin like mine, my face feels great and looks natural! My best friend feels the same way and her skin is like mine: dry (even more than mine, hers is totally dry, mine its more combination: dry cheeks oily nose and forehead), pale and sensitive, actually it was her raving about it that made me get it ( I had a 10 euros "cupon" in card for next buy buy but i needeed to buy 20 euros and caudalie mask was 19.99! so I remembered her and bought it lol). For reference im a mac nc15 , it warms a bit my face but in a flattering way, and its Summer anyway (here in Portugal it feels more like Spring these days). Love it! Love the essence mono shadows and this powder! It was about time they made foundation for pale skin as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by bleed18

Sinister...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's not very much positive I can say about this product, and this is the second Essence brand face product I've been disappointed in. Perhaps I'll stick to their lip products in the future, which always seem to work out fine.

The powder is incredibly chalky, although it feels soft and almost creamy to the touch in the pan. It also has some kind of lightly perfumed scent to it, which I just can't stand. On initial application it does provide a smooth matte finish, but it feels heavy and almost greasy on the skin. After one hour, the product completely disintegrated and left behind a thick oily layer of clumpy powder.

I used this product with a variety of different foundations, including on its own to top off a moisturizer on a low makeup day. It oxidized every single time. It never produced an acceptable result, and eventually found its way to the rubbish bin.

If you are looking for a budget mattifying compact powder, the All About Matt! pressed powder from Essence is a far superior product to this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Eileeneileen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best powder i ever had!!! I love it ♡

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

I have it in 02 Soft Beige, but I feel like the shade doesn't matter because it doesn't give any coverage. It is, afterall, a mattifying powder and not a foundation so that's okay.
The powder is extremely fine, it doesn't cake easily and has a nice vanilla scent. Only one application is required to mattify the face. It works wonderfully under the eyes as well, prevents my mascara from smudging. It's affordable, a lot of product, quick and easy to use. A great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Corchete

No me matifica todo el tiempo que necesito, dura máximo 2 horas (y estoy siendo generosa), aunque, mi piel mixta es complicada, no cumple con lo mínimo que requiero.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product but have to give it only 4 stars because of the mica in it. I prefer to wear bb creams and use this powder to set it afterwards. This would be great if it had no glitter (mica). I have combination/normal skin and I like a smooth finish and this keeps my makeup from slipping throughout the day. Does what it's supposed to and for a very reasonable price. I would buy again but I think I will keep looking for that ultimate go to Matt powder. My skin tone falls in the deep category with yellow undertones. I picked tan which may suit redder undertones. Will go a shade lighter next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder. It does what it says on the mattifying part,even though I felt that annoying floury feeling while I applied it. Not a biggie though,since it's very mattifying and ridiculously cheap. Gotta love Essence. Smells good too.I personally faced trouble choosing a shade since I have really fair skin and nothing suited me well, so I ended up mixing two shades to have a perfect result. Coverage is light to inexistent imo,but still looks good over a liquid foundation. You should probably buy it if you're looking for something good and not too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great product! I found it while I was looking for a powder with no parabens. I decided to try because of the ingredients and the price - 3,5 Euros. It was a good surprise: This is a good finishing powder, very natural and light.
I bought 04-perfect beige, a decent match for my light skin (rc-buff, mufe 117, mac-lighter and less yellow than nc20). I�m not sure this color would fit girls with strong yellow undertones but it works for me because I have mixed undt. I just wish there were more colors (only 4 available here) so everyone could try it. Try it if you can, essence products have good quality, and great price.