Shiseido The Skincare Gentle Cleansing Soap

on 1/20/2011 7:01:00 AM

I wish Shiseido still sold this soap!

It was very gentle and effective at removing my makeup, and it had a lovely, delicate scent. It did not dry or irritate my sensitive skin (though I always softened and moisturised after cleansing - I suspect some people who found this drying do not adequately moisturise after cleansing?) I found it to be much gentler and more effective than any of the other Shiseido cleansers (except for the cleansing oil).

I took off one lippie because it was a little pricey for a soap.

on 1/29/2003 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's a good soap and does remove makeup nicely but it's not good enough for the price...

on 12/15/2002 1:20:00 AM

For almost $20, this glycerin soap is way too expensive. It's just like using your normal soap on your face. I don't understand why Shiseido is still selling this product. It dries my skin and doesn't clean properly too.

on 10/2/2002 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The good thing about Shiseido is that they always give you a ton of samples. I recieved a sample of this, a little bar of soap. It is nice and gentle, and removes all of my make-up. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I don't think that I would purchase this only because there are several drugstore cleansers which work just as well for much cheaper.