September 23, 2014 | 1053 users online

Scrubs - L'Occitane - ultra rich face scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product partly on a whim and partly out of desperation, and I'm glad to say that I do not regret this purchase (even though it was rather pricey at almost 25 Euro in Poland).

I rarely get pimples, but when I do, they tend to last for a long time, This time, I had two pimples in the middle of my forehead, which stubbornly stuck around over 3 months. At this point, I had tried various cleansers, scrubs, spot treatments, but none worked (some even damaged my skin a bit more). Then I tried this scrub, and I could notice the pimples beginning to disappear the day after I used it!

It is very gentle and very hydrating, with tiny round granules that do not seem to damage the skin at all. My skin felt quite clean after using it, but in no way did it feel dried-out.

I would say try this if you have dry skin or sensitive skin. If anything, it hydrates pretty well and doesn't seem to cause breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a very gentle yet effective product. The exfoliating beads in this product are perfect- not too small and not too gentle. The shea butter smooths over the skin and makes for a luxurious feeling on the skin. It only takes a little product to achieve the desired effect. This scrub is lovely and I would definitely repurchase, although I wish it were more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by claudy1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loveeeeeeeee

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Okay, this smells like some kind of old grandma cold cream to me, it's not a bad smell, but it's not good in my opinion either........

I like this product, it's gentle and effective, you can really feel the exfoliating process, but it doesn't irritate your skin (not my VERY sensitive skin anyway), I love the fact that there's 10% shea butter in it, it makes me feel safe to leave it on my face for a while, sort of as a "shea butter masque", I wash it off with water right before I come out of the shower, so far I haven't felt any residue or film on my face like some other posters suggested, maybe my skin is just dry enough for it.........

This is as what the bottle says, it's intended for very dry and sensitive skin, so if you want some real "abrasive" or "deep cleansing" action from it, you are going to be sorely disappointed, it's a very mild way to help your skin shed off the old layer and show off the newer brighter layer, and in so doing stimulate its renewal.

I also bought the one for body scrub, it's twice the size and almost the same price, when I tried both in the store (one on each hand), the face one and the body one didn't seem to have much difference, I shall try the body one on my face when I am done with the face one, maybe that one is good enough for my face, with half of the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scrub/cleanser works really well. You can feel the "sand" exfoliants in it and it helps exfoliate well. I like how it's so creamy so it doesn't dry out my face. And it smells quite nice too. My face doesn't feel tight after using it. The only con is the price. But then again, I find L'Occitane an expensive brand in the first place. Other than the price, I think this product works very well. I haven't had any issues with it yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sedateme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the perfect scrub for you if your skin is dry or sensitive. Most scrubs I tried either irritated my skin or didn't work at all. This product is very rich and moisturizing and works very well without drying your skin or irritating it. The richest and creamiest scrub I have ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just tried a free sample and liked it. I used it on dry skin (as opposed to wet) and it worked quite well. Exfoliated nicely without irritating. I did use a gentle cleanser afterwards to remove any excess oil - it's a heavy product. But my skin feels great and make up application was great! Not sure if I will actually purchase yet - will use the rest of the sample and then decide. But so far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favourite products from this range. I've got highly sensitive skin and a malar rash as a result of having Lupus. I've had chemical burns on my eyes from so called 'gentle' cleansers, so you can imagine my fear when it comes to using a scrub!
This is the first scrub I can confidently use - others have left me with sore, red skin. It's gentle, but very effective - you can really feel the beads working. They're so noticeable that I expected red, painful skin once I'd washed it off - instead, my skin was smooth and redness had been reduced. You can feel a slight film if you don't wash thoroughly enough - I imagine this is the shea butter. I guess it wouldn't be a problem for skin and some may not even notice it, but I like to feel like I've got very clean skin before I put a thick moisturiser on, so I'm careful to check. I follow this up with their ultra rich cream and my skin is in heaven.
If you've got sensitive skin that you're frightened to expose to an exfoliator, I'd try this one. It's very expensive for the amount you get (17 for 100ml) compared to drug store, but hand on heart it's completely worth it and you only need to use a tiny amount (about the size of a 1 coin). The smell is beautiful. On several occasions I've used this and have been so blissed out that I can barely speak!