Shiseido Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

3.8

Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Squalane, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Glutamate, Sodium PCA, Dipropylene Glycol, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Sapindus Mukurossi Peel Extract, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sanguisorba Officinals Root Extract, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Hydroxyproline, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, BHT

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is probably the closest HG eye cream I've tried over the years. It doesn't eliminate fine lines and wrinkles (no cream or cosmetic can do that) but it does lessen the appearance of them.
A little goes a long way as it's quite rich in texture.
I dab it along the outer area under the eyes and apply a thin coat of Vaseline to seal in the moisture. The result is smoother looking skin the next morning. (as long as I get enough sleep the night before - there's a reason why it's called beauty sleep)

This cream does contain fragrance so I definitely recommend getting a sample from Sephora to see if you can tolerate the scent before buying the full sized jar.
My biggest gripe is the huge price tag for such a small jar, hence the four lipsticks.

This is my one big splurge with skin care and I'm glad I took the plunge.

I've used this eye cream for years and really can't live without it. It does nothing though for wrinkles, dark circles, etc. but for hydration it's excellent. This skin around my eyes is extremely dry. In fact the skin on the inner corners of my eyes actually flakes and this cream is a lifesaver. I would love it to do more in terms of wrinkles, filling or lifting but I really think that takes acids, lasers, injectables, etc. Of course I'll keep experimenting and trying new products but for pure hydration, I always come back to this.

This is an okay eye cream. Certainly not my holy grail. I bought it because the reviews were pretty good and I'm 27 and pretty big on antiaging products.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, because I wasn't expecting miracles but I wouldn't buy it again.

I have combination/oily skin and look young but love anti aging products. I was hoping it could alleviate when i look dehydrated sometimes and my skin starts looking a tad wrinkly from lack of water/too much coffee.

This product is... Meh.

It moisturized, but I dont think it lives up to its own hype.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Honestly, I feel ripped off. The cream ran me about 60 dollars *tax included* at sephora. I heard great things about it.

I suffer from

Very dry skin under eyes
Thin skin beneath eyes
Dark Circles
Wrinkles

As soon as I put it on, it felt like petroleum jelly. I go and check the ingredients list and sure enough, petroleum is the 5th ingredient. This thing is jam packed with jelly. It feels exactly like jelly. I've been using it for 2 weeks and haven't noticed any improvements, just a really tacky, greasy feeling around my eyes.

Yeah sure, it hydrates. But Vaseline does the same thing and it's only 1.99

Save your money.

This eye cream is very hydrating. My skin gets really dry during the winter and I had no problems when using this eye cream. I can't attest to the wrinkle resistance of it but if you're looking for a hydrating eye cream this does a good job. I wish it wasn't in a pot though.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This eye cream is VERY moisturizing and HG for me, despite the price. I am convinced that it has prevented the progression of my under eye wrinkles for the last 4 years. When I did stop using it (due to the fact that it's quite expensive) and tried other eye creams I noticed my wrinkles multiplying and becoming deeper over one year of not using this product. I wish I had switched back sooner! I finally gave in and bought more about 6 months ago, and again my wrinkles have stopped progressing, the skin around my eyes now feel perfectly hydrated all day and night, and concealer applies much better as well.

Some people complain of it being "greasy" but another reviewer described it quite accurately as more of a protective, wrinkle-filling "film." I actually love the feel of this aspect of the cream and it lasts about 8-10 hours on my skin before completely going away.

Yes, it's pricey, but one jar lasts almost a year, and I found out the hard way that it's actually worth every penny.

The Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream is an ultrarich, age-defying cream. it claims to visibly improve the appearance of all types of eye area wrinkles, especially inner corner creases, crow’s feet, and lid creases, and it additionally promises to reduce wrinkles over time.

The cosmetic "wrinkle fill-in" effects are from thick hydrators like mineral oil, petrolatum, glycerin, squalane, hyaluronic acid, and beeswax. Butylene glycol increases the penetration of all of these ingredients so they can actually get into the skin in the first place. It's kind-of neat because these thick, highly moisturizing ingredients will fill in hard-to-target areas like inner corner eye creases and crow’s feet instantly.

But there are no really potent anti-aging ingredients here, like retinoids, peptides, niacinamide, or anything truly novel or promising in the research. At least not in my opinion!

I’m impressed with the temporary aesthetic properties of this product for deep wrinkles, but I’m not blown away by the effects for long-term wrinkle reduction.

Here's a full review I wrote on this for my blog. https://www.futurederm.com/shiseido-benefiance-wrinkle-resist-24-intensive-eye-contour-cream/

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Shiseido is one of those brands that I often overlook. Yet, each time I come back and test another product from the brand, I am always very impressed with the results. I have been using anti-aging products since I was about 18. (27 now!) Eye creams have only recently become important to me in the past year or two since I started working night shifts as a nurse. I've used a few that I felt worked great, but this one really stood out. I can see why some people prefer to only use it at bedtime, as some makeup can look a little wonky/crease over this. Personally, I did not find it to be a problem. However, it is a very rich formula; almost like an ointment consistency. I felt this was very hydrating and smoothed the skin underneath my eyes. I did not find it to burn or irritate the skin even if I accidentally got a little to close to my eyes. I was expecting this to cost more, so the price point ($55 for 0.51 oz.) is not such a problem for me. (My other favorites are about the same in price/quantity: Bobbi Brown $50 for 0.5 oz., Algenist $65 for 0.5 oz., Balance Me $45ish.) I would definitely repurchase and strongly recommend if you're looking for an extremely hydrating/rich formula!

I love this eye cream. I am only 26, but I swear, my undereye area is dry, wrinkly, and dark. Bad genes I guess, so I have been buying eye-cream since I was 18. For me, the most important thing I need is hydration, so makeup looks normal. I don't think that eye creams will make my wrinkles go away, but temporary filling it very nice as well.

I tried the clinique one, never moisturizer enough. I tried the origins ginzeng, nothing really happened. Tried Bobbi brown, same, tried bobbi brown extra- same. I swore that argan oil was the best! but I can only use it at night.

In walks Shiseido. Why didn't I ever try this before?? I really need to look at customer's top rated on sephora more often. My undereye has never looked better. Very moisuturing, helps minimize wrinkles. I don't know why I would waste my $$ looking for a better product, because I know so many of them are fails. This is expensive, but way better than the Bobbi Brown $75 one. It has a cute little spatula that you can take the product out with.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't notice huge difference from other eye products - feel like it's hugely overpriced.
Leaves a greasy film (it's my second Shisheido eye product and has the same problem), wouldn't recommend to use it in the morning.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Shiseido Products