July 29, 2014 | 2017 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Shiseido - Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetsoulsister

This is the best eye cream I've tried yet. Although pricier than others I've used it really tightened up the skin below my eyes. That sagginess that LOOKS like wrinkles because the skin is folding a little - it's GONE.

That being said, the fine lines are not. However I was so darn happy with the results I feel 'chemically addicted' to this product.

I do have to use a lot (a thick amount before bed and sometimes a thinner amount slightly before that) to achieve results - but the cream is soooo thick, it doesn't seem to use it up quickly.

Lasted 3 months.
Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by mirameia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this(with my deep dark eye circles, I've learnt to ask for samples in beauty counters cos eye creams don't usually work for me and I'm still on the hunt for something that can reduce these eye circles btw without resorting to going under the knives), I actually like it. I've tried many samples and out of all, I always go back to this one. This moisturises my eye area, I agree that it feels luxurious, and for some reason I'm not sure if it's just me but my eye area does look a little different but I can't quite put a finger as to what. But a good different though. My deep dark eye circles are still there but it helps with the moisturizing, fine lines and puffiness, I look more awake. I might just get the tub if I don't happen to come across another sample as good as this one. And it's anti-aging so that's a plus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This is a wonderful eye cream for nighttime use. I could never wear it under makeup during the day (too heavy, and oily) but those with severe under eye dryness may be able to. It is very luxurious to apply, and you feel extremely hydrated once its on your skin. I also take this cream around the sides of my mouth, and on a stubborn crease on my forehead. You only need the smallest amount, and this stuff will plump those lines up in front of your eyes.

The smell is light, and feminine. I can't really imagine anyone being offended, or sensitive to it. Because this eye cream is so thick, you really should use the little spatula that comes with it to scoop out the product you need. I would say you need 1/2 of what you would normally use with any other eye cream. If you are not a fan of a really heavy, know it's there eye cream - you will hate this. By the time I go to sleep, my under eye area still looks moist to the touch. Some people have mentioned they feel all of this just washes off in the morning - I have experienced the same thing, but I don't think it's not working. Try maybe using less of the product, your eye area will only take the moisture that it needs - meaning the rest of your eye cream could be going to waste if you are applying too much. Because of the price, I'm sure none of us want it going to waste!!!

Overall, a great overnight eye cream that instantly smoothes and plumps lines. I have not had any under eye dryness since starting this product, and I feel like it "preps" my skin overnight for applying makeup in the morning. Very happy so far, and I will continue using - because I am seeing results :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by kjb778

The main reason for me to use eye cream is for hydration only. That being said, I used this for a couple of weeks. I should have known to stop sooner. This eye cream eventually gave me milia and always made my eyes burn no matter how I applied it. This product, I was told, was comparable to the Discontinued Shiseido Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream, it in no way is. I stocked up on the previous product and just now ran out. I had no issues with the former product. This one is terrible, it also irritated the skin under my eyes where they got very dry and puffy. At that point I stopped using it.

If you are looking for a much more similar product to the discontinued Benefiance Revitalizing in terms of texture and performance, try the Bio-Performance Super Corrective Eye Cream which comes in a pump dispenser. I don't personally care if in a pump or jar, my hands are clean if using either.

Best of Luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have continuously used this product about a year and a half now, since turning thirty I have noticed very fine lines in the corners of my eyes, crepey skin and just little lines and overall dryness. So I began using this product in the evenings, it's very rich and it does leave a sheen but goes on smooth and my eyes look great in the AM. I would never use this in the daytime because its just too rich and really not necessary. My fine lines on the inner corners look a lot better and my eyes don't feel itchy or dry any more, crepey skin is gone in the morning. In the daytime I just stick to a basic eye cream like origins Ginzing or Tarte's C-Brighter, something that just sinks right in and I can apply makeup over. I will continue to purchase this product, I think one pot usually lasts me about 4 months?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I like this cream for the most part. My under eyes are starting to get crepe-y and I like how this 'fills' in the lines a wee bit. I wish it came in a tube instead of a jar that I have to stick my finger nail in, but I usually put on after my shower. I dont like how it feels like its still on my skin when I wake up in the morning. When I wash my face I feel like I just washed off all of last nights product. Sooo that makes me wonder how much is actually sinking into my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by hipsterblitz

After reading reviews on tons of eye creams online, I decided to grab a sample of this from my local Sephora. I was SO excited to try it after using Shiseido's eye masks (absolutely wonderful... Other than the price).

I patted the cream under my eyes following cleansing. The texture was wonderful; the product absorbed enough to keep from feeling greasy, but not so much that it felt gel-like or under concentrated. I was very pleased with the application.

But then... The burning set in. Not on my skin, but in my eyes themselves. I put in some tear replacement drops but it didn't help. I took a paper towel and tried to soak up some of the lotion thinking maybe I just put too much on but nothing. I went to wash it off with my makeup removing cleanser and it took at least fifteen minutes for the burning to subside. "Maybe I put it too close to my eyes?"

After taking a shower, I tried again. This time, I made a point to put it much farther below my eye. Slowly but surely, the burning started. My eyes began watering more and more and after about an hour, I used lid wipes to remove the product. The burning continued in my eyes, so I put in heavy gel calming drops after rinsing them with saline and after about two hours, the burning diminished.

Note: like I said, it was not my SKIN that the product irritated, but rather my eyes themselves. To the point where I could not even tolerate keeping the product on. Such a shame; I have faith in this company, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by angelisamarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After suddenly showing signs of aging in my eyes, I was determined to combat, as they have always been my best (and often complimented) feature. Benefiance had been on my wish list for months, and I decided to splurge and headed for the mall to buy it--imagine my shock & intense delight when I spotted a lone box of it at TJ Maxx for $24. Can you believe it? I just happened to stop there, wasn't looking for it or anything. Whee!

That was 8wks. ago, and I've used it every night since-- a pea sized drop does both eyes, patted in gently w my ring finger-- and this stuff is the only product so far in my beauty junkie's arsenal that instantly erases the droopy crease in my right eye (OK, it's a wrinkle). Having a perfectly normal shaped peeper does me no good upon going to bed however, so I tried it in my a.m. routine the past 2 days before my eye primer (UDPP). Fearing it would be too greasy, I was surprised that my shadow didn't crease until evening. So I got 6-8 hrs. with a good primer (UD & The Balm are tops) for my oily acne prone self;
yes, hormonal chin bumps + shiny T-zone: another post-45 bonus....not. :-(

I'm really excited to see if I truly experience diminishing lines (the fine lines just appeared one day under my eyes- there's that 45 number again) and will update upon finishing the jar. I store it in the fridge, scoop out into the perfect mini round pink Benefiance sample jar of it from Sephora.

As it stands right now, I'm only on my 2nd refill of the .08 oz mini..meaning the .51 oz. jar will last probably 6 months easy. Best $24 anti-aging ever! So be sure to check your local discount stores: they may contain perfectly fresh products for 30-50% less :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a few months ago based on the relatively good reviews here on MUA. For some years, I've been using Clarins Super Restorative eye cream, which is ridiculously expensive for the results it delivers (it's a good eye cream - don't get me wrong - but not $100+ good!). I purchased and really like Origins Starting Over eye cream but also wanted to try this one from Shiseido. I'm surprised to find it as greasy and non-penetrating as it is. There is absolutely no way I could use this in the daytime (so much for 24 hours!) because not only would it interfere with my under-eye concealer and eye makeup generally, I think it might also affect my foundation and even the upper edges of my blush. So I use this at night only and it still surprises me that when I wake up in the morning, there is still a slick "slick" all around my eye area. I guess in a way this is good since it means it's preventing the under-eye area from losing moisture but still...a noticeable oily film....?

While I am not someone bothered by products in jars (and a spatula is included), I do find this jar difficult to hold onto and the shape of the lid doesn't help much either, especially if my hands are the least bit slippery from having applied other products. I don't think I would repurchase this but I might well try some other Shiseido eye treatment products.

UPDATE: Yeesh, I hate this jar more than ever now! I have always found it awkward. Why they have the stupid, misshapen lid is a mystery (they have this shape on several of their products). Last night, in trying to put the lid back on the jar, the whole thing slipped and I got a huge dollop of the eye cream all over my fingers. This was AFTER I'd already applied the eye cream so it all went to waste (and it was a LOT). Stupid design that I guess was meant to be used on a dressing table but I always apply my products right after washing my face, at the sink in my bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product does a great job of keeping the undereye area moisturised. It has a thick creamy consistency, but is not difficult to spread under the eye when using a dabbing motion. I would not repurchase because I think it gave me milia on the skin surrounding my undereye area. My undereye area was fine though, and extremely well moisturised, so if you are willing to take the risk, give this product a shot.