Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash

3.2

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Polyquaternium-39, Laureth-10, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Disodium EDTA, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylparaben

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My skin does not react badly to the product, however it definitely is not something I would call moisturizing. Occasionally my skin will feel dried out and flaky after use. The packaging is absolutely terrible. The tube always leaks and you end up wasting much more product than you use.

on 7/14/2015 12:55:00 AM

Have been using for a couple of years. Works well but the tube it comes in always leaks. Doesn't dry out my face or irritate it. I also use the simple lotion.

on 7/13/2015 2:23:00 PM

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and cleans my face well, been using a while with no problems. Would buy again.

I love this product. It is moisturizing and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I have recommended this cleanser to all my friends and they love it too. it is just an overall good product and I would defs repurchase.

on 7/3/2015 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not feeling this. Too drying for my middle-aged combo skin, cheap flip cap broke early on and lost a lot of product as it leaked out of the tube. Sometimes you just get what you pay for.

on 5/29/2015 12:24:00 PM

Although this cleanser feels gentle and moisturizing, it broke me out(along with other products from this line). There is propelyne glycol in it and a few other harmful chemicals. I believe this line is not fit for sensitive skin due to these chemicals.

On a good note it rinses good and doesn't dry out your face.

on 5/22/2015 5:45:00 PM

First off, I almost NEVER write reviews on cleansers. I feel strongly enough about this one to write this review.

I have combination, acne prone skin. I used to not get horrible breakouts (just occasional breakouts on my chin). I am now 24 and got off birth control about 2 years ago and my skin FREAKED out after about a year off the pill.

I decided I wanted to try something "simple". Something with good ingredients for sensitive skin (I realized that while the acne around my cheeks and chin were hormonal, I was getting what looked like hives on my forehead and had been mistaking that irritation with acne, so I came to the realization that my skin was a lot more sensitive than I have chalked it up to be).

Well, this brand shows the power of marketing.

If you have acne-prone or sensitive skin, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT use these products. Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), which is the second ingredient on the ingredients list next to water, is HIGHLY comedogenic (meaning it clogs pores). This ingredient is essentially what makes the product sud and bubble and is extremely common in almost all acne cleansers. Sensitive skin cleansers should not contain this product. It is harsh on your skin and strips away the natural oils, which causes your skin to produce MORE of its natural oils to compensate and therefore promoting breakouts.

PLEASE do not be fooled by pretty packaging. This product is not suitable for sensitive skin.

I would like to add that I have not had any issues with the micellar water or the oil-balancing cleansing wipes, both of which I have continued to use since switching to the brand First Aid Beauty.

on 5/19/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although I try not to use this product around the eyes, it irritates my eyes very badly. It is super expensive and I do not see any moisturizing results. I like the foam version of this better.

on 5/17/2015 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this product thinking it would be nice and moisturizing, but unfortunately it really didn't help my dry skin at all. After using it I would find it worsened my dry patches on my cheeks and forehead and caused more flaking. I would recommend this to someone with normal or oily skin, because it did an adequate job cleaning, but I definitely wouldn't suggest this to someone with dry skin!

on 5/7/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not really a review, since I have never used this cleanser. I was in the market for a better cleanser, however, and it seems Simple has reformulated both cleansers they sell/produce in the United States. I have added a photo of the updated ingredients list I found at a local Walmart here in the U.S. Hopefully this helps anyone. Also, I know it may be hard to see for some but I hope the new ingredients list shows clearly. It seems the 'oils' have been taken out and maybe some other ingredients, not sure.

Btw, it's annoying how they keep reformulating their products here in the U.S. and do not let consumers know about it or update the ingredients on their website.