January 26, 2015 | 1356 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Moisturizing Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2015 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have normal to dry skin. I normally use Cetaphil face wash with Olay Active hydrating beauty fluid lotion, which is a gentile anti-aging product. I purchased the Simple Moisturizing facial wash for about $9 at Walmart.

This face wash smells a little bit like glue, but it's not terrible. The texture is thick, also gluey. I would not use this over the sink because it's very difficult to completely wash off. I used the face wash in the shower followed by Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer, which burned a little bit after application. I used the two products once a day, in the evening and did not use my normal wash/moisturizer while testing Simple products.

After three days of use, I started getting cysts on the skin beside my eyes. The bridge of my nose and brows started getting extremely flaky. I can rub my eyebrows and skin flakes off, which tells me that it is the wash because I don't apply lotion to my brows and my t-zone sucks in moisturizer.

I don't like this product. It's stinky, too thick, and I'm pretty sure it's causing cystic acne. I'm going to switch back to my Cetaphyl.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 3:59:00 PM More reviews by BelleWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

NOT MOISTURISING, NOT GENTLE!

I have reasonably dry skin, with big pores, and dehydration, and my skin is rather sensitive, though not as bad as some people's, but still more than average.

There's nothing I like about this product. It honestly feels like it sucks the moisture out of your skin, and leaves my skin feeling really tight and and a bit irritated, and it didn't really feel like it was doing any cleansing at all. I used it for around 3 weeks, hoping that it would just need time to work its magic, and having decided I couldn't just discard it after one use.

I can use other cleansers with water and not have this problem, so I don't understand why something that's made to be moisturising and gentle on sensitive skin would do this, unless it's an absolutely useless product, which I've concluded this one is.

Also, the packaging seems to like to leak, and it's difficult to get out the amount you want, but that's the least of my worries with this product.

Waste of time, money and any hopes of decent skin. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Duane Reade when I ran out of cleanser while traveling. It works fine, doesn't sting the eyes too much, and is decent at getting off eye makeup, but I don't understand the "moisturizing" claim at all, as the cleanser is gel-based and pretty drying. I went out and bought a travel sized version of my regular cleanser as soon as I could.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Gracehendrick

I love this product!!! I use it every morning and it works wonders, makes skin clear and supple

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by KayleeC

I recently purchased this product and have been using it in conjunction with the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer for a little more than a week now. I use this product with my Olay Pro X cleansing tool/brush and I actually really like this cleanser. It definitely makes my face feel clean and smooth without it feeling irritated or dried out. A big downside to this product for me is that the cap doesn't latch shut properly, which I didn't notice the first time I used it and I ended up losing product because it was leaking. This could have just been the bottle I picked up, but I believe I have seen other reviews mention this as well. Since using this cleanser with the replenishing moisturizer I have noticed a large increase in blackheads, but I believe that is due to the moisturizer. I will be looking for a new moisturizer to use along with this cleanser, and I will come back to update if the blackheads don't decrease with a moisturizer change. All in all I would say this is a good product and I would definitely purchase this cleanser again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I used this in conjunction with the Simple Oil Balancing Wash and Simple Soothing Face Scrub. I know I can't blame this product solely but this combination caused my skin to become absolutely atroucious. I was constantly breaking out and had dry patches and rashes everywhere. I don't know why these three products did this since the Simple toners is one of my favourites and I never had any dramas with the face wipes either.

However, the price was reasonable and I did like the packaging. Gave it two lippies because I don't know if it was the product that caused the skin irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by theginger11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is newly paraben free which makes me love it ten times more. I've been using this stuff for about two years now and I've never had a problem. Keeps my skin very clear and under control. My only con is that my last few I've had to keep in the shower upside down because the cap wont latch and they leak. But really not a big deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Iloveme714

I just brought this product today...excited to go home and try it I cleaned my face of my makeup I had on today. So I put the face wash on my clarisonic and I washed my face...my skin felt regular nothing surprising or different. About 10 minutes later I noticed a bump on my chin it felt like a mosquito bite and it was very itchy...I just put some tea tree oil on it...15 minutes later, bumps are all around my chin and itchy it looked like I broke out in hives on my chin..it is very itchy...I had hopes for this product but it was just a disappointment..I will be returning this product...I am trying to calm my skin as I type this...this is horrible. NEVER AGAIN!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by megankdid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this face wash. I have really sensitive skin and I've tried using other face washes. They burn my face and make my skin peel, so I decided to get one that's meant for sensitive skin. After the second time using this, I noticed that my face felt a lot better. It felt smoother and softer. That made me very happy because having such sensitive skin is so hard to deal with. I'm glad I finally found something my skin gets along with!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by cbellebass

I have used so many products over the years and this is by far the best yet. I have combo skin that is super dry in places and super oily in others. This seems to balance it out very well. In the past i always got a few breakouts several times a month but since I have been using this I have had smooth skin for so long I can't even remember the last breakout. Since I've had so much success with it I told my acne prone 14 yr old son to try it. It works great for him too!