July 29, 2014 | 1479 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Moisturizing Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I don't have a habit of different wash for different areas of my body now that I've gone towards clean products.

However, I have been travelling for work intensively and started running out on my organic products so I needed something else for face now that my body is not on organic wash.

I picked this up from the drugstore. Nothing too harsh. Nothing too fantastic either. I use it with my konjac sponge. Cleans well but I remove makeup with oil anyway so there's nothing much to cleaning on my face.

It lathers quite a lot so I think it has more chemicals than it claims to be, people who uses purely organic stuff will know what I mean.

Anyway, I won't repurchase. Nothing wrong with this. I just don't believe in dirty products anymore. This was a one time thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty decent face wash and it bubbles up well and you do feel like you've really washed your face after using it. I would say feel refreshed although my skin did feel a bit tight after using it and later in the day despite its Moisturising claims so I would not buy it again. I have bought the newer Moisturising cleansing lotion which doesn't feel as though it strips my face as much as this.
When you squeeze the bottle you end the product dispensed looks more like a gel with something smooth/soft/Moisturising in (like some bath products) but it doesn't feel like this on the skin so I couldn't say it was that gentle.
I feel it does a good job at cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jujube21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I truly don't understand the bad reviews either. I have sensitive skin prone to eczema and since I started using this 6 months ago, I have had no trouble at all. Skin never feels too dry after washing -very gentle and actually cleans. I highly recommend this cleanser. I use it only once per day (in the morning) since I shower at night. I don't really wash my face with anything but water and a gentle face cloth at night in the shower. It is possible that washing twice a day could dry me out but so far - what I am doing is working.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by localfizz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my sensitive mildly dry face. Simple claims to be free of harsh chemicals which I thought would be good for me. This made me break out and I hardly ever get acne. I looked at the ingredient list and low and behold some the top ingredients are harsh surfactants. I stopped uaing this asap. Don't just go by claims and recommendations, look at the ingredient list bwfpre you buy, especially if you have sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by rosekiss16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was okay, probably better if I used this in the winter when my skin was really dry. I switched to the Simple brand because I was told I was using too harsh chemicals on my face when I got a facial (I guess they all tell you that). I was using an acne care routine and it dried and irritated my face too much. Simple face wash calmed my skin down in the first week but after using this for weeks, I feel like my pores are clogged and my skin is still not totally clear. This brand is probably good for those with VERY sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Nadinexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A week before i bought this product, i was having some major skin issues, for my sensitive non acne skin, i thought using an acne wash with salicylic acid in it would remove the small raised bumps, and far lingering pimples on my face. Boy was I wrong. After two washes my entire face broke out with tiny raised bumps all over the surface of my face! although to others it was barley noticable, when i went to feel my own face, it felt rough and dehydrated! im not sure if my skin was to dry/normal to begin with or if I had an allergic reaction. Desperate I went to purchase a new facial wash, seeing that the bottle to the simple face wash said "moisturizing" i had to give it a go. everyday after 8 used it my face had less and less bumps, and about 6 days later my skin is smooth and more hydrated! i am in love! I highly recommend this to anyone with dehydrated problematic skin or normal skin, not aure how it will work on oily, but worth a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly don't understand all the bad reviews for this product. This is a super gentle, MILDLY moisturizing daily cleanser. It isn't for super-parched skin with dry patches. The entire Simple Skin Care line is for sensitive skin, and seems to be marketed mostly for teens and 20-somethings. So assume if you have pretty normal skin with some dryness (particularly in winter) that this product is appropriate for you.

I have a regular makeup removal/cleansing/treatment regimen at night but use this in the morning to cleanse and prep my face prior to makeup. It did that well, with no redness or dryness. I'm not currently using this product at home because it doesn't come in an economy-sized pump bottle like CeraVe does (LOL) and that's why I took off a lippie for packaging. I do travel with this though, and I've never had the cap/dispenser problems that a couple of other reviewers have reported. And I actually like this better than CeraVe and would switch full-time if it came in the larger pump bottle. (Hope the Unilever folks are listening...)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in a sample set with other Simple facial products. I like this cleanser and it does not dry out my skin. I use this in conjunction with the simple moisturizer. I have not experienced any breakouts or irritation. I would definitely repurchase this in a full size.

Note- I am not on any prescription acne treatments. I don't have extremely sensitive skin-it's oily. I would recommend trying the sample pack of products to see if this works for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My main concern with any facewash is that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and leave me red and blotchy. This leaves my skin feeling clean with no negative reactions, and although it doesn't moisturise as it claims, it doesn't leave my skin feeling dried out either. The packaging could be better as it makes dispensing messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by earthakitt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I picked up this facewash without reading reviews about it beforehand as I was looking for a facewash that would keep my skin moisturized as my then current facewash (Avene Cleanance) was stripping my skin dry. I was very pleased with this facewash as it did not dry my skin out completely and also did not irritate it. I used it with my clarisonic and I would say that I feel that it doesn't remove my makeup as effectively as my Avene cleanance fashwash would but this doesn't really concern me as I remove all my concealer and powder with makeup remover prior to washing it properly. So if youre looking for a facewash that will remove all traces effectively.. this is not the cleanser for you. I continued buying this for a year using it as my daily facewash and only using my Avene cleanser when I have pms skin.

I was very happy with my routine until the last bottle I picked up broke. It was nearing the end of the tube and one morning I picked it up from my bathroom counter and the entire cap fell off spilling out the remaining product. Thinking that it was just that one bottle I went out and bought another one. Unfortunately this bottle broke aswell!! But this time I wasn't even halfway through! I picked it up in the shower and had not realized that the top had completely detached itself from the bottle and all its contents spilled out. I know for a fact it was not my handling with the bottle. I'm not rough with my products.. why should I be?

For this reason alone I will not be repurchasing again. Awful packaging that completely wasted my money. I will go back to it if I do not find a better daily facewash.. but for now I'm on the look out for another.