August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Youthful Wear Concealer Light + Yellow

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by annajulz31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Need a moisturizer before application. Must blend immediately. Do not do both eyes at same time. Dries too quickly. I like the yellow, it definitely covers my dark circles, but you must blend immediately because it dries almost instantly. I prefer my Rimmel matte foundation( which is AMAZING fyi, makes my oily skin much less oily and stays put). The price is high, but overall I think I might repurchase. I have only used it for two days so maybe I just need practice? Does crease in my fine lines (probably due to moisturizer, but otherwise way too drying without it). Lightly powder to keep in place.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i regret getting this. it is too yellow for me and way to drying on me. not easy to blend with. will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by xoZoeyxo

This covers blemishes, redness, zits, blackheads everything a teenager with combination skin has to deal with. I love it. The only reason I didn't give it a 5/5 is because as crazy as it may sound I found it a bit hard to blend. But whatever it was one of the best ones I used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by alexaking

Positives: Gives a totally natural look and the double sided yellow and light both help to cover up my dark circles, packaging is great it's so easy to throw in your makeup bag, creamy, dries quickly

Negatives: After a 5 hours it starts to wear off and crease a bit but I wasn't expecting it to last that long since it doesn't say long wear concealer on it

Overall: Great product, great coverage, LOVE IT!, and I'll buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I don't like the roller ball as it can pull out lashes or pinch skin, however I really like the pale yellow section the most. Mally Beauty sells a more yellow version for $35 and this does the same job for a lot less. The stick concealer by itself isn't that great, but good on top of the yellow. I use the yellow just on my dark circles to refresh later in the day and you can't see any yellow on when I'm done. I hope they still make a similar product in the future. They have in the past but changed the packaging this time to a stick concealer when they used to sell another like this both ends liquid and another name.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

I really wanted to like this product, but it just wasn't going to happen. The color is VERY yellow, which was terrible with my cool skin tone. Moreover, both formulations settled into lines and creases on my face, and under my eyes - not flattering. It also rubbed and wore off too easily for my taste. Just not for me, I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated about buying this because it is a little expensive for a drugstore concealer. Gimicky as others said, but covers and the yellow color is good for me. Creases a little and makes my makeup smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY SMOKES!! I have finally found a concealer that WORKS with my skin tone!! I swear I have tried pretty much every drugstore concealer out there and I bought this one today hoping by some miracle I had found the one and TA DA, perfect!!

I am VERY pale with neutral/yellow undertones..(im lighter than mac nc15) so its so hard to find concealers in my shade and when I had they were usually just not good quality so it didnt work.

This PF duo is awesome. The stick part is a pretty neutral light skintone shade and on the other side there is a creamy yellow liquid concealer. Both work very well together...I have had no problems. I even used the stick conealer over a red pimple that has been coming in and it concealed it nicely without drying out my skin or creasing or anything.

The only thing I dont like about this duo is the roller ball on top. I think its...stupid and pointless and a waste of materials. They could have done without that. For some reason I always find that PF's packaging with their products are so wasteful. Theres always too much paper and unnecessary plastic involved. I wish they would tone it down and be more eco friendly since this is supposed to be a brand thats all about "minerals" and being "healthy".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

Ah, my long love/hate relationship with Physician's Formula products continues! I spotted their new line of "Youthful Wear" products at my local CVS, with the banner that it is a "cosmecutical" that will take 10 years off of my looks. Take 10 years off of my looks? It can be made with baby seal's tears or from whipping angels in heaven - sign me up! I started with the concealer, as I am still mourning the loss (and my soon to be depleted stash) of Maybelline dream matte mousse concealer. I've been using it for about a week, and although it is far from a perfect product, I like it. Here's the pros and cons:

Pro: this is a combination of a cream concealer/corrector (I chose the yellow) with a doe foot applicator, and a tube of light moisturizing concealer (I'll get into the rollerball "blender" later). Using the two together, I got flattering coverage without it settling into fine lines under the eye area; using the concealer stick alone on the nose area, it made a nice highlight/contour that is the next best thing to my old dream matte mousse. You can cover dark circles pretty easily with the combo without looking overdone. The stick product reminded me of the old PF Magic Cube concealer (which I loved), and the cream is similar to their Cover Tox Ten concealer in soft yellow. Is this just a clever repackage? Maybe, but the products work well together, so hooray for that. The packaging is nice and thin, so I could see using this for travel or for touch ups, along with my regular mineral powder compact foundation.
Cons: 1. Color range:As with many PF products, there is almost no color range to this product. If you are anything other than pale (even their medium in this is pretty damn close to ivory), you are out of luck. I am ghostly, so this works for me, but it's disappointing this is so limited. 2. Packaging: As always, PF goes for the goofy, gimmicky packaging that belies the quality of the products contained within them. Although I like the compact tube packaging of this concealer, the cream concealer doesn't have a plug to keep you from dipping out way too much product, and the cheesy plastic rollerball blender is beyond useless. Just use a foundation brush or concealer brush with this and ignore the roller. 3. Beneficial ingredients: For a product that markets itself as a "cosmeceutical" (a made up term, I know), there are no anti aging or protective ingredients in this makeup - like sunscreen. Of course this makes you look "10 years younger"; you're wearing makeup, so duh! But it would be nice to have something in here to help prevent further damage to the skin.

Cons aside, I think this is a good product that works well for under the eyes and for contouring. I'll repurchase it if PF is still making it when I run out. I really do wish, however, that they would smarten up about how good some of their products are, and quit trying to gimmick them up with stupid names and stupid packaging. I'm not a physician, but I'd write a "prescription" for them to expand their color line and lay off of the gimmicks!

continued >>