September 18, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - The Body Shop - Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

Pleasantly surprised by this foundation!!! I have light-medium combo skin with yellow undertones. This was on sale and I needed a darker foundation so I gave it a shot. Currently using this in 208 golden vanilla. I'd heard that Body Shop foundations were notoriously oily, and I will say that yes, this product is definitely on the moistruising side and if you have very oily skin this is not for you! That being said, I've been using this while my skin is on the drier side and it is fantastic! Fantastic because it really brings a glow to dry skin, making it look dewy and soft as opposed to dull. This shade is quite tan, and while it works for me now (in conjunction with my beloved St.Tropez), I do feel if I were to use this foundation when my skin is lighter the shade range probably wouldn't match me too well because from what I saw most of the shades looked on the warmer side and on the tanner side. Never broken me out, and I set this with a translucent matte powder. Highly recommend for people with dry skin, not so much if you have very oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by pamelalmoscoso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Update: The oils or the formula made me break out like crazy. I will not finish the bottle or buy again.

I originally got this line of foundation in Natural Beige. It was too dark (too brown) for my winter skin, so I went back and purchased Golden Vanilla to mix with it. I plan on using the Natural Beige for contouring as well. I'm neutral-to-warm, so I can mix and match between 'Natural': neutral and 'Golden': warm.

The texture is smooth and dewy, and it blends very evenly. My skin looked pore-less and it covered my imperfections without drying up and caking the seemingly ever-present hormonal acne on my chin. It still looks natural, just perfect like when I was a kid and my mom and sisters called me 'China Doll'.

I have more dry than combination skin during certain months, so the olive oil in the formula lets me wash and tone, and depending on how dry it is here in LA, leaving the heavier coconut oil or shea butter application for night time only.

PS-I got each of them for $5.00 at the Body Shop!! They're on sale. Hurry and pick a few up if you have normal to dry, or mostly dry to combination skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by jadelouise123

I'm an NC20-25, I purchased this on a whim as it was on offer in the Bodyshop.
This foundation is so yellow, I look like I have jaundice when I wear it, it clumps together in orange patches, I bought the shade 108 which is true ivory, I think?
1) Coverage is medium I would say, build able but very greasy, defiantly for drier skins
2) Colour range is ok for darker skins, if your fair then I wouldn't bother
3) Packaging is excellent, comes with a pump
4) Contains Titanium Dioxide which means it has a sunscreen so thats a bonus, but does give you a white cast to the face in photos
5) Price in the UK is £14, not to pricey but not cheap either

I cannot comment on the longevity of the foundation as I was to scared to step outside with it on as I looked ridiculous!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I went to The Body Shop to buy my usual TBS liquid foundation, but unfortunately the sales girl told me that it was discontinued. I was terribly disappointed because the regular foundation suited me well and the price wasnt as pricey.
But the sales girls directed me into this new product line which is the Extra Virgin Minerals, and she did repeated again and again on how this would work as fine as my last foundation, with extra benefits. I was relunctant to try at first but the sales girl insisted and generally she was very nice to offer me a makeover using the foundation to see if id like it.
After everything was done, it came abit too fair for me but again the sales girl said i should give it a few minutes to let it blend it. So i did, and so it was true, the colour suited me & my skin looked matte (with just a hint of glow) just the way i like it, since i have very oily skin.
I took a risk then to just get a bottle.
So after a week of trial i noticed my skin broke out all over my face especially around the cheeks and forehead. I panicked so i stopped.

i went on with Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation (which was AMAZING)
but after months went by. i didnt managed to buy LM's silk creme so i just gave this foundation a last chance just to see if it would kind of work this time around since my face isnt that oily compared to last few months ago.
and i completely broke out again! small acne allover my face AGAIN!
so this is big NO NO for me. its going in the bin.

Pros? i would say the packaging and the matte but glowing feeling in the first few hours.
but i definitely wont repurchase after what it did to my skin.
sorry TBS ;/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in color 202 - Natural Vanilla ( I'm a NC 25). When I first use this foundation, I absolutely HATED it and almost threw it away. I normally use my fingers to put on foundation, but the finish seems too thick even though the coverage is decent. I then tried the foundation with a brush (the flat top powder brush from ELF) and it worked out beautifully ! Even though I have dry skin, I still reserve this foundation for the drier season, because it is oil based.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by beautytent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My holy grail everyday foundation! Got nothing but love for the product. The coverage is medium and without a primer would say it last for a good 5 hours however with a primer can easily last to over 8 hours. Its a dewy finish but because i have dry to very dry skin i like it that way. Feels very light weight on my skin and doesn't look cakey at all. I recommend this for people that have dry sensitive skin to try the product out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by missmelanierose

This full coverage foundation blended onto my skin nicely.

Unfortunatly, it also made my combination skin very shiny after just a few hours and made me breakout. I won't be buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by tangelina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coverage is medium, no additional concealer required. The product has a fragrance to it, which is pleasing to me. It has a dewy finish but feels slightly sticky to me as I prefer a lightweight foundation. It applies okay over my dry skin, but the major downfall was that it seems to turn pale after exposure to the sun, like I'd turn unnaturally white after say, an hour in the sun. All in all, I will not repurchase because there are plenty of better alternatives out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by kishygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually buy foundations and then dont wear them out because they look funny on my skin, Id say, in the shop the lady matched my skintone quite well, but since its a medium/heavy coverage depending on how you apply it you need bronzer or blush or both over it, it just makes your skin one colour to a unnatural extent.

I like the way this wears, its dewy but not oily, the packaging i love, one thing though DONT wear it over a gel moisturiser (I wore it over the body shop seaweed light moisturiser ) and it really didnt blend well and starting flaking and clumping.

Id say its a good choice, way better than some other drugstore foundations ive bought, the colour options arent bad, just moisturise well before and apply with a light hand and a nice blush. in the uk i bought this for 14 pounds

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by bellaplutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colours aren't that great, pretty yellowish, good thing is I prefer yellowtoned foundations to pink ones, doesn't suit everyone though.

The thing I dislike the most is the smell, it smells extremely metallic and nasty, and I can smell it on my face all day - such a deal breaker!!

It has pretty full coverage which makes your skin look great and pretty flawless, although it kind of takes the life out of the skin so you need to put in some effort with blush and bronzer afterwards.

I also don't like foundations that won't dry into your skin, this one makes your face feel all sticky and greasy all through out the day.

In Sweden it's pretty expensive too (around 300 SEK, which is about $45US)

Make sure you try it out properly in the store, ask for a tiny sample so you can also try it at home!!