April 16, 2014 | 1886 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Xtreme Instant Heat

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by katlj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Those clips - ARGHH! I HATE them! I have owned many Conair roller sets through the years and have been pleased with them, but if I don't find a set with the wire...holder? thingalingies I won't be buying their products any more. No matter what I do I can't get the rollers to stay on the top of my head. They don't hold at the roots, so I end up with hair that's flat at the crown and curly at the ends. Then there's a kink that the clip creates...No, Conair. Just no. :-(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This set of hot rollers heats up extremely fast, about 90 seconds, and there is an indicator roller whose dot turns white to let you know the rest are ready. So far, so good.
The bulldog clips hold pretty well, not perfectly (1 lippie off).
However, they heat up also, so you get the heat from both the roller and the clip, which means a quicker set.
The size of the rollers is more for medium or short hair; what they call jumbo isn't, it's maybe medium large. So if you have hair that is longer than chin length the rollers are kind of small.

That said, if you like a 1920's look, with hair that looks very wavy (and it is an attractive look on some people), this would be a perfect set-up.

On the whole, I think I got my money's worth, so 4 lippies - good but not outstanding.
PS I think I'm going to shell out some more $$$ later for the Babyliss Pro Jumbo Roller Set (made I believe by the same company) on the basis of favorable MU reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by CarpeHora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Keeping it short & sweet.

Pros:
Fast Heat Up
Varied Sizes
Velvety Stuff around Roller (helps hold hair)
You Get 20 (somewhat decent amount)

Cons:
Those Annoying CLIPS!!
The fact you hair can get caught in the end openings.
No Heat Protectant Gloves
Uneven Heating
The Occasional Straight or Weird Curl.

This product is like most from Conair. Average. Not to bad, nothing amazing. It's a cool product. I like to be able to say I own one. But I would probably you my curlers more often than this. They do produce a nice curl.. But it's not always guaranteed. I do like the fact that you can roll them and then get ready while they cool. I usually put all 20 on the back half of my hair (I have alot hair), get dressed, take those down and let them heat up, do my makeup, put in the front half, eat something, then I take them out & leave. For my amount of hair I need about 35 to 40. But then the package would be to big. This package it's decent, but the lid doesn't click close. And they should have some type of drawer to hold the clips. & more spaces to heat them up. I truly dislike those clips. On the medium and small size rollers, the don't hold on that well. And on all the sizes they just flop all around. UGH!! They need to tighten them or something!!!!

Lastly, the curls don't hold well. 4 hours TOPS! But you can expect that because the rollers don't get too hot. Hot enough to curl your hair and irritate your fingers but that's ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by sahara64

Pros: Heats up FAST. Nice selection of various sized, flocked rollers.

Cons: I hate the clips with a passion! They do not hold well and curlers flop around and loosen extremely easily. I dislike that there is no storage for the clips, outside of the three spaces to heat clips. I've had this set for over three months and finally just lost my patience with the clips.

I've just ordered a separate style of conair clips, 10 to a pack, from Sally, along with the old-style wire clips, and will see if I can find a way to continue using them.

This morning I was so frustrated I about threw it out the window!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

Bought this after returning a different roller set. I am happy with this product. I am a total newbie when it comes to hot rollers, but I feel that it is hard to mess up your hair when using these rollers. Good product for the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

After doing a bunch of reading and purchasing/returning 3 different sets of hot rollers, this is the one I feel is the best product for the price. Conair is the parent company to Jilbere and Babybliss who each have similar products on the market, but for more $.

The Conair version I purchased at Target for $29.99, but it does go on sale. It comes w/ 20 multi-sized flocked rollers infused w/ ceramic along w/ 20 clips (3 of which you can heat up simultaneously w/ the rollers = can have hot rollers AND hot clips.) They advertise 75 second heat-up time - seems accurate to me. They describe their roller sizes as medium (6), large (6) and jumbo (8). Now I am a total nube, but compared w/ my velcro rollers, I would classify these as small, medium and large, but that's just me.

I purchased more for getting a ton of long-lasting volume at the crown of my head vs curls, and being a nube w/ hot rollers, I have tried over a few weeks and all sorts of looks have resulted (most fun, some not worth repeating.) I finally figured out I need MY definitition of jumbo rollers, so I went to Sally's and purchased a pkg of Jilbere 6 jumbo rollers (1 1/2") for $11 (w/ beauty card) I swapped out 4 of the Conair rollers for 4 of the jumbo = I have plenty to get the crown of my head done + I have all those other sizes still available for when I want to experiment w/ more curls which I do on other parts of my head, depending on my mood.

I have not noticed any damage to my hair (I do not use any pre-heat product, just my standard mousse or david babaii volcanic ash to assist in getting volume). After removing the rollers and while fingering thru to seperate, I use a small amount of moroccean oil like I always do = I have shiney, VOLUMINOUS hair that lasts all day = color me happy!

The case itself is not super sturdy = I would not travel w/ it (I took my velco rollers on my recent trip to LA) and I have read others' reports of similar products having the plastic tops break off easily.

I am very happy w/ this product and have no problem recommending to others.