Aromaleigh Dewdrop Mineral Foundation Powder

This is an excellent mineral foundation for my combination skin. It doesn't dry me out, and yet it wears well on the oily areas (almost looking better an hour after applying!). Out of all the mineral powders I've tried, this one does not settle into pores and fine lines, but rather smooths them out.

I do find that this foundation runs a little on the light side. I'm quite pale, and my perfect shade is actually a mixture of 1N and 2N for most of the year. In other foundations, I'm often the lightest shade. I don't notice much oxidation with this formula like I do with other brands - very natural.

I find the best way to apply this one for more durable and solid coverage is with a medium-sized flat-top buffer brush (the one from Coastal Scents is great and also fits perfectly in the regular sized foundation container).

I do use plain silk powder as an under-foundation primer and setting agent for that little extra flawless finish and oil control.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Even though I couldn't find my perfect shade this is by far my favorite Mineral Foundation. I like to mix one half Aromaleigh with one half Ocean Mist. The website states that this formula is for dry skin but I find it holds well for my absolutely oily skin.
Dewdrop Pros:
-Lasts about 8 hours on me
-Samples are available
-Medium - Full Coverage
-No clogged pores=no acne
-2nd ingredient is Titanium Dioxide=sunscreen
-Dewdrop does have a "sheen" to it but when applied, you can't see it.
-Limited Selection of shades (the Y section was not "yellow" enough for me, more like olive)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Aromaleigh's new foundation Dewdrop is based on the older incarnation of Aromaleigh's foundation Glissade. I've never tried Glissade, so I don't know if they are identical or not.

THE GOOD: Dewdrop claims to look like "your skin, only better." It's good at that. When I wear Dewdrop foundation, I get decent coverage (although I do have to use a concealer) but my skin looks and feels like good skin with it on. You know, not cakey, not masklike... but with a soft glowing translucency. Very natural. It also has good staying power, surviving long days and power naps with a need for a little touchup but nothing too dreadful or migratory.
The good part about the silicones in the formula is that they make the foundation really smooth and blendable. It has a natural finish I really haven't seen in many mineral foundations.

THE BAD: You may have to blend your correct shade of foundation--I had to. They have a wide range, but if you're hard to match that may still be an issue. Definitely try samples beforehand.

THE UGLY: If you're sensitive to silicones or parabens, this may break you out. So far, so good on my skin, which tends to be pretty clear, but if you're prone to cystic acne, I would stay far away, just in case.

VALUE: It's neither the cheapest nor the dearest of mineral foundations online. The foundation is measured by weight, not volume (which may make a slight difference as some ingredients and pigments may weigh more than others.) I have two shades, Alabaster and Ivory CL, and both of mine looked full upon arrival. I appreciate that the packaging is minimalist and inobtrusive.

BOTTOM LINE: I'd definitely get this again. I'm considering a back-up right now.