December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Powder - Aromaleigh - Dewdrop Mineral Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by btxoxo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I couldn't find my perfect shade this is by far my favorite Mineral Foundation. I like to mix one half Aromaleigh with one half Ocean Mist. The website states that this formula is for dry skin but I find it holds well for my absolutely oily skin.
Dewdrop Pros:
-Lasts about 8 hours on me
-Samples are available
-Medium - Full Coverage
-No clogged pores=no acne
-2nd ingredient is Titanium Dioxide=sunscreen
Neutral:
-Dewdrop does have a "sheen" to it but when applied, you can't see it.
Cons:
-Limited Selection of shades (the Y section was not "yellow" enough for me, more like olive)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Aromaleigh's new foundation Dewdrop is based on the older incarnation of Aromaleigh's foundation Glissade. I've never tried Glissade, so I don't know if they are identical or not.

THE GOOD: Dewdrop claims to look like "your skin, only better." It's good at that. When I wear Dewdrop foundation, I get decent coverage (although I do have to use a concealer) but my skin looks and feels like good skin with it on. You know, not cakey, not masklike... but with a soft glowing translucency. Very natural. It also has good staying power, surviving long days and power naps with a need for a little touchup but nothing too dreadful or migratory.
The good part about the silicones in the formula is that they make the foundation really smooth and blendable. It has a natural finish I really haven't seen in many mineral foundations.

THE BAD: You may have to blend your correct shade of foundation--I had to. They have a wide range, but if you're hard to match that may still be an issue. Definitely try samples beforehand.

THE UGLY: If you're sensitive to silicones or parabens, this may break you out. So far, so good on my skin, which tends to be pretty clear, but if you're prone to cystic acne, I would stay far away, just in case.

VALUE: It's neither the cheapest nor the dearest of mineral foundations online. The foundation is measured by weight, not volume (which may make a slight difference as some ingredients and pigments may weigh more than others.) I have two shades, Alabaster and Ivory CL, and both of mine looked full upon arrival. I appreciate that the packaging is minimalist and inobtrusive.

BOTTOM LINE: I'd definitely get this again. I'm considering a back-up right now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No