December 19, 2014 | 1249 users online

Treatments (Face) - Silk Naturals - Green Tea & Aloe Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by nostalgicbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this, not for use as a stand-alone moisturizer, but to use under my moisturizer. Previous experience has shown me that aloe is not a very moisturizing ingredient, so I wasn't expecting a great deal in that department. I simply wanted something to add a bit of dampness to the skin, with a few antioxidants thrown in as well. I typically use a moisturizing toner for that purpose, but it's expensive and I go through it quickly. Not only was this *not* moisturizing in the least, it actually dried my skin out with use. My skin was left with a very tight and uncomfortable feeling (and this is after applying moisturizer!). I have since given this product away, but fully expect the recipient to hate it as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by opalinesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hellooooo, HG. I have combination skin that was previously driving me *nuts*-- I couldn't wear any sort of foundation because it was always desert dry and would flake up during application, while I'd also get super oily later in the day. I knew the oil was just my skin trying to compensate for the dryness and had tried all sorts of moisturizers/oils to get it to calm the heck down, but so far, no go.

I had already been making grabby hands at all of Silk Natural's cosmetics, since I am both a hippy at heart and the owner of *very* sensitive skin, and when I saw their skincare line I was pretty intrigued. Even more, the description of the hydrating serums made *sense*-- oil helps seal in moisture, which is why some skin overproduces it when too dry, but if there's nothing to seal in it's not going to help. If you hydrate it and *then* use oil to seal, though...

A sample each of this and their Hemp moisturizer, and I'm convinced that this is absolutely right. My skin is soft and smooth without feeling greasy, and this morning I actually *buffed in* MMU without a flake to be seen. I might have even scrubbed with the brush a bit just to confirm, I was so shocked. I can't say whether it's toned down the oil or not, though... but that's because I'm also trying their foundation, and the fact that I only have to blot maybe once midday if I feel like it might be due to that instead ;) Either way, no flakes has me sold and a full size bottle is on it's way.

Edit: This stopped being quite as effective and actually started making my skin burn after a month or so of use :( I learned that my skin was dehydrated rather than actually dry, though, so not a complete loss!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Snowblind

I'm giving it a two instead of one because I appreciate the brand and the fact they let you try out their products with cheap sample sizes. However, this product didn't agree with me at all. I used it at night under avocado oil and my skin felt dry in the morning and I had milia under my eyes. Well, being the fool that I am I put it on my face in the morning aswell and within minutes my face developed a red allergic rash. I'm typing this with a red face waiting for the reaction to go away. So, it's a big NO from me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The Green Tea & Aloe Serum is ideal for oily skin - it adds no moisture but is also free of typically clogging ing like silicones and waxes. It dries quickly, I was able to apply my ss (Bioderma MAX Fluide 50) less than a minute later. There was no interaction between the two products - no balling up and my ss went over it smoothly. I don't like to use too many layers of product because my skin can get so oily, but this serum didn't feel like I added a layer. It felt like water but less drying. Dry skins would probably not like this product unless applying a moisturizer immediately on top. This is very reasonably priced and is a good choice in antioxidants.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No