Keiko Mecheri Camellia

2.7

on 12/3/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lovely, soft, feminine fragrance. It opens with lemon-tinged camelia that morphs into a camelia-magnolia mixed. I never smelled plum. Basenotes are grounding and deepening nicely. Notes per Luckyscent: white tea leaves, Umé plum, camellia petals, magnolia, woods, amber

on 11/11/2011 5:25:00 PM

Given the description, I expected an elusive scent. Unfortunately, Camellia turned out to be cloying sweet. White tea and wood notes suffocated other elements making this perfume unpleasantly heavy for me. Perhaps, it is my body chemistry that does not agree with the scent.

on 11/4/2011 8:30:00 AM

On paper the sounded perfect. I love white tea, amber, woods, the beauty of a perfect camellis, and the softness of magnolia. On application, you cam smell the astringency of the tea and camellia balancing the light magnolia.

Oh, but i forgot about the ume blossom which ruins the whole thing.

KM's ume turns into acrid plastic on my arm. Camellia soon becomes Ume II. And for a light fragrance, this puppy has some staying power. I think it would be a pretty summer scent without the ume, it never overloads but does linger, and if ume worked for you this is one to try. Very sad for me because i love Grenats, Loukhoum, and Passiflore. Ah well, on to paradise lost....

Popular Fragrances