October 22, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Rich Lip Color SPF 12 - Desert Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome lipstick. Super flattering color which is a pinky rose - my lips but better shade. Would never have selected this myself, but a MUA used it on me and, combined with Slopes blush by Bobbi Brown, has a very English Rose look.

Added bonus: don't need a mirror to apply this shade since it is so soft and natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Bobbi's lip colours have been too middle of the road but not hitting the target in recent years. Ironic because that is what put her on the map. With desert rose she has reclaimed her position. This is a beautiful colour that is neutral but has that little bit of rosiness that makes it look alive and fresh instead of flat (here I'm thinking brownie pink or blondie pink which I had to work hard at shaking up). I am fair/neutral with pigmented lips and this is what we always strive for - enhancement and flush. It is an everyday colour but not a boring one. The MUA said it is limited edition and that would be a big mistake on the part of the company. For with this lipcolour I think Bobbi can blaze a new trail and start rethinking what those "classic" standard colours in the line - perhaps it is time to move on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by carol_81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a hard time finding neutral lipstick colours as my lips are fairly pigmented and my teeth aren't super white. Most browny or beigey neutrals make me look like a chainsmoking ghost... Desert Rose has a fair amount of blue and is quite pink, but it's not so cool or not so pink not to be a neutral (I hope that makes sense). So if you have similar problems in finding neutral lipsticks this sure is worth checking out. Texturewise and in generel product quality I really like the Rich Lip Color line. It is very comfortable to wear and their staying power is better than your average lipstick in my oppion. They're not uber longwearing but last through a snack and when I get home at night I'm often surprised by how much color's still on my lips without having reapplied throughout the afternoon

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Rich Lip Color SPF 12 in Desert Rose is a new colour for Autumn, from the Marrakesh Chic collection. To my knowledge, it's not limited edition. The colour is a medium pink-mauve. For reference, my skin's about NC40-42, yellow-neutral toned.

I thought that it could be a MLBB shade for me, but it's too dark for that (my lips are not very pigmented so it probably shows up darker on me than it would for a lot of people). Nevertheless, it's still a very pretty colour. I don't usually wear shades that are darker than the light-medium range, as they drag my features down, but as this colour is mauve-based, it compliments my skin tone. It's about equal in darkness as the Rich Lip Color in Heather Pink, but whereas that one leans very brown/red, this is a lot cooler.

The formula is good - it's quite long-wearing, and not drying at all, but if there is dry skin on your lips, the lipstick does tend to emphasise that a bit. The formula is lightweight - so very different from Bobbi's main lipstick line, which is heavy and waxy (which I actually like, as you know that it's going to be long-lasting, and I also like the security of being able to feel that the lipstick is still on your lips!). Thankfully, however, unlike the main lipstick line, there's no taste or smell to it.

I'm not happy that the price of the Rich Lip Colors has risen to 18 (which seems the minimum amount that you have to pay for a high-end lipstick these days) - when these launced a few months ago, they were about 16. However, this is a high-quality lipstick, and if you have yellow-toned skin, or found that Heather Pink was too brown, then I would recommend checking this out.

EDIT March 2012 - I'm reducing my score from 4 to 3, because I've rarely used this. It's just a bit too dark for my skin tone. I love the formula and I wish that more colours would be released.