July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Frat Boy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Over the last year or two I have been consistently impressed with TheBalm's products, packaging, service, quality, and awesome flash sales. Frat Boy is no exception. I usually use Down Boy in the winter because it is a cooler, pinkier blush, and I like Frat Boy because it is a pinky coral that looks great on my fair skin in warmer months (although I think this would look awesome on darker complexions as well because it's a very universal color and very pigmented). Packaging is useful with its magnetic click on the sturdy cardboard case and it has a mirror as well. Color is insanely pigmented and I see this lasting forever because you only need a swipe of your brush for your cheeks. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Kairarn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love Frat Boy! The peachy pink shade gives me fresh, natural look for daily use. It's so powdery, so you just have to tap your brush on the pan, tap the excess powder, and lightly apply it to your cheeks. A little goes a long way because it's pigmented. I like the packaging, it's cute! But it gets dirty easily because of the cardboard packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This is an absolutely gorgeous blush. If you like Nars Orgasm or Amour, or want the color of Orgasm without the shimmer, you'll like Frat Boy. Frat Boy is a lovely clear peach that doesn't lean orange (really cool toned girls may want to test this out first, tho). The blush itself (as with all of the The Balm's blushes) is really pigmented, so a little dusting goes a long way. This blush gives me a bright, healthy glow and I can imagine this shade suiting almost anyone, it's that versatile. I have about 3 Balm blushes now, and I am always impressed with the Balm's products and packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by plumsandmaroons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't know how to feel about this blush. I mostly like it, but some days i wish to not to have it on my face.

PROS: It didn't cause any breakouts - surprising for me!
Really pigmented
Useful Packaging

CONS: The colour is so bright, you need to be extra careful when you apply. Looks weird if you dont wear any eye make up, you look like a clown if you wear a colourful lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best blush ever! It's soooo.... pigmented, awesome color payoff even I use an extremely fine brush (hakuhodo G5538BkSL) to apply lightly. The shade is super natural, it can be an universal shade for most skin complexions. Super smooth finish, doesn't make my skin look dry at all like most of powder products. Cute and sturdy packaging, just makes me happy every time to use it. What really makes it a winner out of all the blushes is it's harsh chemical free. 5 out of 5 no doubt, this is the blush every girl should own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Forget Nars Orgasm. THEBALM FRATBOY is the real deal universal shade blush. It's pigmented enough to show up on the deepest complexion and versatile enough to look good on the lightest complexion. So long as you like finishes that are more or less matte, I would strongly encourage you to try this.

The color is the real claim to fame for this blush. Some people say it's peach, some say pink, some say coral, I've even heard lavenderish pink...they're all right. It's all of those colors morphed into one, and can easily adjust to your skin tone. Obviously, if you have warmer undertones this will pull more peachy whereas if you are cool skinned it will look more pink. The unique color paired with the high density pigmentation makes it a very high quality blush.

Lasting power is not any better than other powder blushes, but I never expect a difference in the wear time of powder blushes because I have very oily skin. I don't mind reapplying this.

I hate the packaging and it gives off an initial impression that this is cheap and low quality but believe me, it is anything but. I can see why Temptalia rated this one so high and put it on the Editor's choice awards list.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite blushes! It is a beautiful peachy pink color that looks really natural. The formula is amazing! Super pigmented but super blendable. Definitely wait for The Balm to be on Hautelook to get this for 9 bucks! Honestly though, it is worth the full price of $22!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This my HG blush along with Benefit Coralista. They're really similar btw, but without such a glow, so it's perfect if you're a fan of more matte blushes. It is very, very pigmented, and will probably last forever without a need to repurchase any time soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love thebalm blushes. This was the first one in ever purchased. Lovely peachy coral matte shade for a daily look (especially in spring/summer). Wears incredibly well and very pigmented. Price ver reasonable too, packaging very sleek, very travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This is a really beautiful warm peachy colored blush that suits many skintones. I got mine 50% off on HauteLook which is awesome! This blush is completely matte, and gives my pale skin a nice flush of warm radiance. I have to be careful with how much I apply though, or else it starts to look almost a redish color on my cheeks. Overall, the pigmentation and formula of this blush is great. Whenever I wear a primer with my makeup and apply this blush - it lasts the whole day - no touch up's needed!! I could definitely see myself repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No