July 31, 2014 | 1758 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Accelerator Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by AndreeaRey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst mascara I have ever bought hands down!
It has an incredible wet formula , after I applied it, I thought it would never dry.
I have small lashes so a mascara is the most important makeup item for me ; after I applied it it just made my eyelashes into a big, clumpy one .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bluemoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh My .... this is a clumpy nightmare mess that will have to go straight to the trash. I only wish I never bought it. Not only does it clump in application it flakes all over your face as the day progresses. It clumps in such a way that it will get smudged on your face inevitably as you try to unclog a clump in your lashes. Awful Awful Awful waist of a 10 spot.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by DollFace8989

Hey everyone!!Overall I like the mascara and would repurchase maybe one day in future however I would probably want to experiment with other brands first. It gives good volume and length but I just hate that it is so easy to get excess product on eyelids and smears easily if you cry or rub your eyes. I have to be careful when applying to avoid it getting in my eyes/contacts because a lot of product comes out easily. I have been using for about 3 weeks. A tip I would recommend is applying a little dab of olive oil on lashes before applying for a even more dramatic longer lash effect. Imma work with this mascara for a few more months then consider switching when it runs out. Also make sure you clean off on lids at night esp lower lids before bedtime because I have noticed it causing wrinkles in the morning from sleeping in it. Rub some oil underneath eyes as well to prevent that from happening.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by estrella2421

good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept this for about 2 weeks before I threw it out. I'm totally into Volume as I require it for my long but not too thick lashes. I coated and coated and coated and just got an "ok" result.
I also did not feel that my eye lashes were healthy or nourished at all. In fact they were very dry and brittle feeling and I loathe that in a mascara. I was not a big fan of the price too being at $11.30. I certainly do not mind paying if something is worth it, but my $7 Maybelline Colossal or One by One (list goes on for Maybelline mascaras as I love them for most part) prove that price is not everything. Like the Lash Accelerator (Original) the smell was just awful and toxic too after being opened for just a couple of weeks. I actually got more volume from their Endless Accelerator then I ever did in the one week I tried with this Volume kind therefore I will not re-purchase this. I think Revlon Grow Luscious or Lash Potion, which is around the same price up here in Toronto is worth the $$. Maybe others had better luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sycandles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good GRIEF! Where do I even start? The ONLY reason I am still using this mascara is to see if it really is effective in building last volume over time. Although, based on most of the reviews I've read and seen from blog posts, YouTube, etc., I am not holding out much hope for that. However, I am hoping that "results will vary" and that I will have some luck with that. Again, not holding my breath while I wait. Ok, now.. on to the actual review part of this product - and I cannot stress this point enough... if you do not like wet mascaras, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT buy this mascara!! This is BY FAR *THE* WETTEST mascara that I have EVER used in my entire life (which is 30 years, I might add). I mean.... HOLY WETNESS! :-O It is SO wet that I have actually had a GLOP of mascara fall out on to my pants while pulling the mascara wand out. It's insane!! I have NEVER had that happen with ANY mascara ever before. Also, there is soooo much wet product that when I pull the wand out of the tube, there is actually gloopy mascara HANGING from the wand - literally. And sooo much goopy, wet mascara build up on the top and bottom of the brush. I mean - I just can't take it. And because it's SO incredibly wet, it clumps like MAD! I get mascara ALL over the tops of my eyes, above the lashline and all over the under part of my eyes. It's just HORRIBLE! The ONLY thing I like about this mascara is the LOOKS of the packaging. It's in a very "thick" tube - looks like a regular tube of mascara is encased in a clear, see through, thicker tube. Very cool! Other than that though, there is absolutely NOTHING that I like about this mascara. Rimmel - TONE DOWN THE WETNESS! I mean, it's just insane!! Needless to say, unless this product somehow "magically" gives me super thick lashes and helps my lashes have more volume over time (the more I use it) I will NOT be repurchasing this mascara!