October 24, 2014 | 1606 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Accelerator Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by rachelking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by SlyEX879

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many people seem to not like this mascara, but I love it!

Personally, I feel like the wand combined with the product does create a LOT of extra formula.
To manage this, I simply scrape off the extra mascara and what is left applies very well to my lashes with no difficulty.

I would suggest not starting TOO far at the base of your lashes with this wand because it can rub in your eye if you arent careful. You also need to pay attention to where the brush is, as I feel it is a fairly long wand, because one part of the brush you aren't using may cause application to be messy.
After I apply around 1 and a half coats to my eyelashes, I use either an eyelash comb or a clean mascara wand to help seperate and neaten up any minor clumps or eyelashes that stuck together.

When applied correctly, my eyelashes get a really nice shape from this mascara. The look I end up getting makes me happy. The lashes look longer, healthier, and more natural without that "spidery" appearence. Combing through after appliction is something I strongly recommend, as it helps give each eyelash hair its own place around your eye, boosting volume.

I feel the people who are getting so many clumps perhaps dont scrape off the extra formula, dont comb through their lashes afterwards, or are trying to put too many coats on.

The color of this mascara is great. I got it in Black instead of Extreme Black and I don't think it even matters. People have complimented how long, dark and pretty it makes my eyelashes look.

The formula itself is great. I think the major flaw in its design is the wand, because it locks in a lot of product when first taken out, as well as stubbornly holding onto some on the tip even after scraping.

However, overall, I've had good luck with this product and I would definitely repurchase this again.
Hope this review helped somebody!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by AndreeaRey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Worst mascara I have ever bought hands down!
It has an incredible wet formula , after I applied it, I thought it would never dry.
I have small lashes so a mascara is the most important makeup item for me ; after I applied it it just made my eyelashes into a big, clumpy one .

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by RyRy1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

poor mascara. smudgy and leaves a clumpy,stringy mess with 1 light application.
Thrown out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bluemoods

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Oh My .... this is a clumpy nightmare mess that will have to go straight to the trash. I only wish I never bought it. Not only does it clump in application it flakes all over your face as the day progresses. It clumps in such a way that it will get smudged on your face inevitably as you try to unclog a clump in your lashes. Awful Awful Awful waist of a 10 spot.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by DollFace8989

Hey everyone!!Overall I like the mascara and would repurchase maybe one day in future however I would probably want to experiment with other brands first. It gives good volume and length but I just hate that it is so easy to get excess product on eyelids and smears easily if you cry or rub your eyes. I have to be careful when applying to avoid it getting in my eyes/contacts because a lot of product comes out easily. I have been using for about 3 weeks. A tip I would recommend is applying a little dab of olive oil on lashes before applying for a even more dramatic longer lash effect. Imma work with this mascara for a few more months then consider switching when it runs out. Also make sure you clean off on lids at night esp lower lids before bedtime because I have noticed it causing wrinkles in the morning from sleeping in it. Rub some oil underneath eyes as well to prevent that from happening.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by estrella2421

good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by NikkiBri88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.