September 20, 2014 | 1860 users online

Sunscreen - La Roche Posay - La Roche-Posay Anthelios 45 Face Ultra Light Suncreen Fluid

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by foxynixie

I like that this sunscreen is fluid enough to wear under makeup. Where I live the UV is so high in summer that I need to put sunscreen on not just in the morning under my makeup, but also again for my drive home. I found this absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my face too greasy. I didn't get any breakouts or blocked pores after using it which I have had in the past with some face sunscreens.

Having said all that, I would not buy it again and cannot rate it higher than a three for one reason - the smell. It's horrible. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. It's an awful chemical smell which doesn't go away for a while after you put it on. I simply wouldn't pay the price for this again due to what it smells like on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by bargain_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this - borrowed the 60 from a friend, which sent me out to seek a lower SPF. I purchased the 45 and so far am very happy with it. I have combo/rosacea skin, and it feels very comfortable on. Not greasy, and semi-powdery as others noticed, which I like. Thought I'd never get away from the greasy sunscreens that make me look like a geisha!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very oily, greasy, sits on top of the skin without ever getting absorbed. I wore it on a hot humid day, and I've never experienced such greasiness. I had to wipe it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Most sunscreens make my face greasy, but this is very mattifying. I wasn't convinced at first, as it goes on greasy, but dries to a nice powdery finish. I can skip my face powder when I wear this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is ICK!

This is super oily, does not absorb into my skin and worst of all, it gets into my eyes and burns them like a motha! OUCH! I wore this under makeup one day and I had to go back into the house, take out my contacts, wash my face and start over again. My derm. recommended this to me, she told me she uses it herself. She must not wear contacts or have sensitive eyes then.

This is a "NO WAY IN HELLZ' on my face, but I still use it on my arms and legs when I am in the sun. I couldn't just toss it because it's so expensive. I don't like to use it at all because it does not absorb well, but I'm not going to toss it because I laid out cold hard $$$$ for this junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by AngelaP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sunscreen even though it is completely different to all other sunscreens in texture. It has a milky liquid consistency which literally just glides on your skin and sinks in straight away. The sun here is Australia is pretty intense and I have had no burning or freckling since using this. It has no funny smell and I apply it after moisturiser in the morning. It also provides a wonderful base for make up as it sinks into the skin leaving no greasy residue behind. I have pretty oily skin which is prone to breakouts and so far (after using religiously every day for 6 months) no clogged pores or breakouts to report on. As this is not available in Australia I purchased it online based on the reviews here on Makeup Alley. Needless to say, I am not disappointed and in fact purchased another 4!!!! just in case it ever becomes discontinued like the Sofina sunscreen. What a great find. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is super oily on my oily skin. Also, it's tinted and they don't seem to have any information regarding the shade on the packaging - how do you know it's going to match your skin tone? Luckily, the one I bought online was close to mine, though not exact. I mention the tint because it's quite a strong colour and when you put a lot of ss on, it creates a mask.

This has such good reviews and word of mouth that I'm disappointed that it's soooo greasy. It is quite light though, that's the best thing I can say about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by DrKimberly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Admittedly, I am a huge La Roche Posay fan so it's not surprise that I love this sunscreen. I didn't give it a 5 simply because it does tend to leave an unsavory 'gleam' on my already oily skin. That gleam is easily eradicated with the use of powder, however.

I purchased my bottle 3 months ago it neither feels overly heavy on the skin nor has it caused breakouts. A little does go a long way, but I have tended to use much more in the warmer months (of course).

I purchased a second bottle recently and will absolutely buy a third. The price is a bit steep, but not unbearable especially with vendors such as Amazon.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this sunscreen!! I've been on here looking forever. From Chanel to Laura Mercier to Shisiedo.. I love this one!! My only issue is that it smells like sunscreen, which fades throughout the day. I have VERY sensitive skin prone to blackheads and whiteheads, fair, dry to oily... This sunscreen mattifies my skin it's crazy... 3 days and no breakouts yet. LOVING it.

Update... too many irritants for me : ( breakouts, cant use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sideeffex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use the "Body" version for my face because it works just as well and is about a third of the price of the "Face" version. It absorbs quickly, doesn't leave white marks and is great in the water (I scuba dive with it regularly). Even though it's technically for the Body, I haven't broken out for it and find it works just as well. You can get some deep discounts on this stuff as well.