La Roche Posay La Roche-Posay Anthelios 45 Face Ultra Light Suncreen Fluid

3.5

Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%) , Octisalate (5%) , Octocrylene (5%) , Oxybenzone (6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Edta, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407

on 4/16/2015 11:43:00 AM

It's got a matte finish and no white cast, which is great in a sunscreen, however it doesn't really seem to absorb into my skin at all and so it feels like I've got a weird textured matte film on my face. Usually I like to rub excess sunscreen on my hands, but I have to wash this off after I apply it because it feels so gross.

Also, this isn't waterproof at all because I apply it roughly 30 mins before going running and it ALWAYS ends up getting in my eyes and stinging like hell. I also think it's what's causing some tiny whiteheads at the side of my eyes.

Gonna try to finish this bottle (maybe use it on my body) because it was super expensive (close to $30 at Walgreens) but I'm never ever buying it again. The Shiseido sunscreen is only slightly more expensive, does a much better job and you get almost twice as much.

on 11/19/2013 9:02:00 PM

I like that this sunscreen is fluid enough to wear under makeup. Where I live the UV is so high in summer that I need to put sunscreen on not just in the morning under my makeup, but also again for my drive home. I found this absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my face too greasy. I didn't get any breakouts or blocked pores after using it which I have had in the past with some face sunscreens.

Having said all that, I would not buy it again and cannot rate it higher than a three for one reason - the smell. It's horrible. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. It's an awful chemical smell which doesn't go away for a while after you put it on. I simply wouldn't pay the price for this again due to what it smells like on my face.

on 11/12/2012 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this - borrowed the 60 from a friend, which sent me out to seek a lower SPF. I purchased the 45 and so far am very happy with it. I have combo/rosacea skin, and it feels very comfortable on. Not greasy, and semi-powdery as others noticed, which I like. Thought I'd never get away from the greasy sunscreens that make me look like a geisha!

on 11/6/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

very oily, greasy, sits on top of the skin without ever getting absorbed. I wore it on a hot humid day, and I've never experienced such greasiness. I had to wipe it off.

on 10/23/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! Most sunscreens make my face greasy, but this is very mattifying. I wasn't convinced at first, as it goes on greasy, but dries to a nice powdery finish. I can skip my face powder when I wear this.

on 10/19/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is ICK!

This is super oily, does not absorb into my skin and worst of all, it gets into my eyes and burns them like a motha! OUCH! I wore this under makeup one day and I had to go back into the house, take out my contacts, wash my face and start over again. My derm. recommended this to me, she told me she uses it herself. She must not wear contacts or have sensitive eyes then.

This is a "NO WAY IN HELLZ' on my face, but I still use it on my arms and legs when I am in the sun. I couldn't just toss it because it's so expensive. I don't like to use it at all because it does not absorb well, but I'm not going to toss it because I laid out cold hard $$$$ for this junk.

on 10/19/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this sunscreen even though it is completely different to all other sunscreens in texture. It has a milky liquid consistency which literally just glides on your skin and sinks in straight away. The sun here is Australia is pretty intense and I have had no burning or freckling since using this. It has no funny smell and I apply it after moisturiser in the morning. It also provides a wonderful base for make up as it sinks into the skin leaving no greasy residue behind. I have pretty oily skin which is prone to breakouts and so far (after using religiously every day for 6 months) no clogged pores or breakouts to report on. As this is not available in Australia I purchased it online based on the reviews here on Makeup Alley. Needless to say, I am not disappointed and in fact purchased another 4!!!! just in case it ever becomes discontinued like the Sofina sunscreen. What a great find. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is super oily on my oily skin. Also, it's tinted and they don't seem to have any information regarding the shade on the packaging - how do you know it's going to match your skin tone? Luckily, the one I bought online was close to mine, though not exact. I mention the tint because it's quite a strong colour and when you put a lot of ss on, it creates a mask.

This has such good reviews and word of mouth that I'm disappointed that it's soooo greasy. It is quite light though, that's the best thing I can say about it.

on 6/4/2012 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Admittedly, I am a huge La Roche Posay fan so it's not surprise that I love this sunscreen. I didn't give it a 5 simply because it does tend to leave an unsavory 'gleam' on my already oily skin. That gleam is easily eradicated with the use of powder, however.

I purchased my bottle 3 months ago it neither feels overly heavy on the skin nor has it caused breakouts. A little does go a long way, but I have tended to use much more in the warmer months (of course).

I purchased a second bottle recently and will absolutely buy a third. The price is a bit steep, but not unbearable especially with vendors such as Amazon.

on 1/26/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this sunscreen!! I've been on here looking forever. From Chanel to Laura Mercier to Shisiedo.. I love this one!! My only issue is that it smells like sunscreen, which fades throughout the day. I have VERY sensitive skin prone to blackheads and whiteheads, fair, dry to oily... This sunscreen mattifies my skin it's crazy... 3 days and no breakouts yet. LOVING it.

Update... too many irritants for me : ( breakouts, cant use it.

Top Rated La Roche Posay Products