January 31, 2015 | 1334 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer Collection (Sheer, Pearl, Champagne).

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2015 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Merry_Dove

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't read reviews ahead of time, my bad, so I was unpleasantly surprised that it had glitter in it! Not for the over 50 crowd. If you don't mind glitter I guess it does the job. Keeps eye shadow looking nice all day. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2015 2:56:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the primer in Pearl which was the only "color" available when I made my purchase. I must say that this was quite a surprise to me as the product comes out of the tube white and dries a translucent white on the lids. The biggest surprise for me was that it contains a slight amount of glitter. It did apply smoothly and dried quickly, so that is a plus. At first I wasn't sure I liked this because of the color and glitter but after applying my eyeshadow it wasn't noticeable at all and the shadow went on over it easily. There was no creasing, fading, or transference with this primer on my nonoily lids. At the grand cost of $1.00 I will definitely repurchase as this cheapie worked really well for me. I will also look for some of the other shades available.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 12:57:00 AM More reviews by desolateddreams

This eye primer is absolutely lovely. I purchased the shade 'Pearl'. It doesn't allow any make-up that I place on top of it to crease, and it's so cheap. (It's $3 in Australia, but I'm sure it's $1 in most other places?) It works well if you want a shimmer-based primer as this particular product has quite a prominent fine shimmer to it. If you want a more matte base, then I wouldn't say it'd work particularly well.

Overall, it works very, very well for the price you get it for, as well as giving you a fair amount of product with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tnguyen98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this primer in the shade pearl and I absolutely hate it. I expected it to be a bit more liquidy but it was dry as. I thought this was due to the store I bought it at but however that's not the case. I do like the shine it gives, however I would not buy this again. Maybe I'll buy it in the sheer colour to see if the formula is any different but overall, did not like the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Cassiekye

This primer is great, my lids get very oily & my shadow by the end of the day is grose. This blends really easy & feels amazing. Even better it comes in a variety of shades. It must be popular because I went to 4 different kmarts & I managed to get the last one in pearl.... Will be ordering online to try the rest

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by macaronbadger

I've just ordered my second tube of this. It is great! You have to leave it to dry and blend it in but it definitely stops eye make up from creasing.

I've also used it in my smile lines to stop foundation creasing (it works amazingly) and I've used it under my eyes to stop concealer creasing (also works!).

I have only ordered this in Sheer and it's a perfect base for all colours.

The only other eyelid primer I have tried is the Benefit one and that was rubbish. This one is miles better and a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyelid primer is pretty good. I have all three shades and I would say the pearl is definitely the worst of the three but it is fine. I like to use the pearl when I'm using bright colors so it pales out my eyelids and I don't load too much of the product onto my lids. This stuff is not meant to be used heavily, it's a primer not a shadow. It does smell kinda weird, but you have to open it up and straight up smell it in the bottle, I don't notice it at all. Not a huge fan of the glitter but it's cute if you want to just use the primer alone to look "glowy". Overall, for the price, I can't complain. It gets the job done (I have normal skin type if anyone was wondering)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I figured I'd try this because of good reviews and the amazing price of this stuff. It's an okay product. I got the "Pearl" shade and it comes in this horrible lip gloss like container. I use the smallest amount because it literally looks white the second I put it on my eyelid. What I don't like about this product is the glitter in it! I'm surprised no one else has mentioned an issue over this. It does work fine for the price, I'm just not a huge fan of the glitter! I don't think I'd spend the dollar again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

THIS IS LIKE THE COMIC SANS OF MAKEUP.
I COULD WRITE BOOKS UPON BOOKS ABOUT THE WAYS IN WHICH THIS PRODUCT IS THE MOST AWFUL THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MAKEUP.

I have this is pearl.
This makes your eyelids as white as topical ointment.
The sparkle makes you look like freaking Edward Cullen.
The smell. SON OF A NUTCRACKER THE SMELL. It is worse than hot dog water.

THIS PRODUCT SMELLS AND LOOKS LIKE SPOILED MILK. IT HAS THE CONSISTENCY OF ROTTEN CHEESE CURDS.

ON THE HATRED O METER, I GIVE THIS PRODUCT ONE MILLION STARS. DO NOT BUY THIS.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Muffinpants

Actually, I friggen LOVE this product. I have used the more priceier options from Sephora and yes, they were amazing. But this product is just as good especially it's price! This works great as a base and primer, it does crease slightly but I still love it. I use it everyday since I wear liquid liner on my eyelid. Definetly will buy again and again!