Neutrogena Healthy Skin Firming Cream SPF 15

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 12%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 3% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Glyceryl Stearate, Steareth-21, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Polyacrylamide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Arachidyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, C13-14 Isoparaf­n, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Behenyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylparaben, Pentaerythrityl Tetradi-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Arachidyl Glucoside, Laureth-7, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid

on 1/28/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was a great sunscreen on my acne prone sensitive skin. It wore beautifully under my tinted moisturizer and foundation and stood up to the florida sun on the beach. I like the texture and that it was no matte because i like a slight dewey healthy look. I feel it made my skin look slightly firmer and healthier just slightly.

on 2/23/2012 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Using this for a week, it is a good day moisturizer. My oily (and kinda reactive) skin got along with it well, no burning, no breakouts. It is not mattifying, but somewhat velvety. It sure treats the skin, but I haven't noticed a great difference in the firming issue. One thing I haven't liked at all is the strong smell of baby lotion. For the price (24 CAN), it is a good choice. Not a top choice though.

on 12/19/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

My mother who is in her 50's and has never considered herself to have sensitive skin got a bad burn from this last week. She put it on once during the evening and didn't feel any discomfort but the next morning had crusty scabs with bleeding on her face. It's been a week and her face is getting better but it still looks red and has lesions on some areas. Maybe she got a bad batch, I don't know but I'd recommend doing a patch test just in case.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I usually use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Cream but, after reading the reviews for the Firming Cream online, I decided to try this instead, since my skin could use some "firming and lifting".

PROS:
-hygienic pump bottle
-SPF 15
-after 2 weeks of use, my skin does feel firmer and tighter (but i have been using other products that may have contributed to this as well)
-contains almost twice the amount of product that comes in the Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream
-wears well under makeup, doesn't "pill" or ball up
-contains Vitamins A, C, E, and B5

CONS:
-this caused some minor breakouts when i first used it but it's getting a bit better. (may be the sunscreen ingredients)
-sometimes it seems to "sit on top" of my skin insead of being absorbed
-doesn't moisturize enough for when my skin feels really dry (i live in a dry, hot climate)

I'm going to try Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream next and see if my skin likes that better. Overall, this moisturizer wasn't bad but I'd prefer something a bit more moisturizing and one that absorbs better.