October 23, 2014 | 877 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by LWLook

Ugh.
I wanted to like this.
I'm still trying to like this.
But it's so.... shiny... and sticky...
Like lipgloss shiny and sticky that belongs on your mouth.
At a club.

I drew the line when eyeshadow fallout and fuzz from my shirt would be stuck to it two hours in.
So I matted it down a little with some translucent powder, but then it starts creasing and looses most of the luminosity that made it somewhat bearable.

For the price and the effort, it just doesn't seem worth it.
On a sidenote, if anyone knows of a product similar to Lorac's discontinued Coverup concealer in C1, please please please let me know.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SDnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product, I hated it. I thought it was way too cakey and just horrible, so I threw it in a drawer and didn't touch it until a month ago, when I rediscovered it. When I picked it up again, I figured I might as well try it to see if I can get it to work, and boy did it work. The shade I have is a little light for my skin, but it's the perfect colour for under my eyes. However, when I used it before, I was dotting it under my eyes, and I also didn't realize how dry my skin was back then. Now, that I put vaseline under my eyes every night so that they're really moisturized, it works perfectly. The trick is you need to get a small, dense concealer brush (mine was $3 from elf), put some concealer on the back of your hand and brush it under your eyes, then tap it with your ring finger to blend it out. Now that I've done that, you can't even tell I'm wearing concealer under my eyes! The reason I use such a full coverage concealer such as this one, is because my under eyes are terrible bluish purple things that look HORRIBLE. But when I'm wearing this, it definitely improves them a LOT. Plus, it's going to last me forever, since you don't need much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by osomao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer covers well and stays put like no other concealer I've tried (and I've tried a LOT). That being said, it's super tacky and never really dries - it stays "wet"/glossy-looking which not everyone will like. I have very, VERY dark, purple under eye circles, and because of it's lasting power, I have a feeling i'll stick with this concealer for a while. I've found that the secret to concealer is using a shade that is NOT lighter than your skin color, because let's face it - there is no concealer that doesn't crease. Think about it it: when you use a concealer that is lighter than your skin tone and in collects in the fine lines under your eyes, the creasing is much more visible. If you use a product that is closer to your skin tone, it won't stand out when it gathers in those little lines!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bebejacket

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was lured by the promise of "creaseless". But I found that it does crease. I was able to reduce the creasing, trying different setting powders on different days. Laura Mercier secret brightening seemed to work best. However, I was still not loving it. Given its very thick, and sticky, dewy, goopy texture, I found it to be only medium coverage.

Sure, you can layer it, but the texture of this concealer is not conducive to layering, its too emollient for that, and it was kind of slide-y, and the wear during the day was not so good. I am tan (NC40) and have very dark undereye circles, and I have used over half of this tube before writing this review.

Not repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love-hate relationship with this stuff. It's all I've been using for 8 months now. I like that it's not drying. But I sometimes wonder if I'm wiping away the product, then applying to much, and then repeating this cycle to give a less natural look without concealing as much as I want under my eyes. HONESTLY, I WISH A PRO COULD SHOW ME HOW TO TACKLE MY TERRIBLE UNDER EYES WITH THIS STUFF because I might be the problem. I think my Bobbie Brown did a better job concealing, but this does a better job not creasing and subsequently not aging me so... Ugh. I'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by chua923

I've only worn this for maybe half a week, so maybe I'm jumping the gun on this review... just FYI.

Anyway, I can say that I really like this concealer so far. I used the Mac ProLongwear for the past several years and it was just awful. Maybe it's the fact that the Mac was a liquid, and this is more of a solid/cream, but Mac just slid off my face while the Tarte stays put all day. I put it mostly on my nose (it's always red ugh for whatever reason), and I don't really see it crease. I have pretty oily skin, but I don't think this makes it worse. Haven't broken out yet either which is a big plus! (Knock on wood.)

The only thing I don't like is how it separates in the bottle, and how (based on reviews I've read), there's not a lot of it. When I got it from Sephora, the stuff had already separated in the bottle - I considered returning it, but after a few squeezes, the concealer came out in the right consistency.

I use this under the Hourglass Immaculate and finish with Mac Blot Powder. I really like it! :D

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrant

I love tarte cosmetics. But I hate this product. The consistency is weird and it's really hard to get out of the container. And it creases pretty bad. The only thing it does is conceal. But I would rather a concealer that didn't crease under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Lauren10409

It really doesn't crease! I've tried many under eye concealers and they all seem to sink into fine line which makes me look older. I'm 28 btw. This is a must have. I hope they never stop making it. Note: a little goes a long way! I dab mine on under my eye using my finger. Then I take a foam make up sponge and do a couple fans to keep the shine down. The product is very shiny under the eye but it's worth it because you can get rid of the shine by blotting with a sponge and/or using a finishing powder. I'm pale so I use the lightest shade. In the summer I go up a shade. Sometimes I mix the two.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeupliebe

Average concealer. Nothing special. The packaging makes it difficult to squeeze the produce out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ihushhaters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my fav concealer for my dark undereyes. I also have creases/ crowsfeet and this is the best concealer for that. While there is still creasing, it is still substantially less than any other concealer. It goes on very dewy, but tones down with the right translucent powder. It is best to apply with your index finger. It has a very tacky/sticky consistentcy so using a brush will only cause a big mess on your face. This is only a good undereye concealer. I wouldn't recommend to cover dark spots/splotches on the face. The packaging is deceptive (in a good way) its looks like you've paid all this money for a smal tube that could be used in a month. However I used the same tube for almoat a year and a half. With this product a little goes a long way. A pea size drop or less is all you need! I only wish tarte made more colors. I am a dark skin black woman, so the deep works for me to give that highlighted effect, but due to there being no true match color for me, i cant use it as a daily concealer. That would be my only complaint about the product.