Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer

3.7

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax/Microcristallina Cera/Cire Microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499).

on 6/24/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this concealer to cover blemishes, freckles, pigmentation, dark spots etc etc and I have to say, the coverage is great and easy to build so you can cover as much or as little as you like.

However it does NOT last. I've tried it on its own, underneath/over foundation, underneath powder and still it just wears off. It is also quite drying so you need a good moisturiser.

And sweat proof? Forget about it. I need a concealer that I can wear to the gym with nothing else that doesn't come straight off. So overall, pretty average.

on 6/23/2015 11:42:00 PM

This concealer gives me an amazing impression for the first 10 minutes after I applied it on my face. It covers my acne scars (even tho the light shade is a bit fair), blend well with my skin and also creates a flawless finish.

However, this concealer does not stay long enough! As I only use concealer for daily usage (after toner, essence, and moisturizer, without any primer, foundation, or powder).

For the next 4-5 hours, my skin looks dull and very dry (I have combination skin), my acne scars started to show and the concealer makes my face look white and not conceal (even tho I used Avene face mist to help my makeup stay longer).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this concealer did not live up to my expectations at all. It's too thick, takes too long to set, and slides off my face. I recently went and bought makeup forever full cover concealer which was much better.

This concealer is extremely thick and pigmented. It's very heavy duty which, unfortunately, means it cakes up easily especially around dry patches which is very annoying. It does wear for quite a while though. As for packaging, they really should have put this is a jar. It's too thick for a tube like this.

on 5/24/2015 4:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The best thing I can say about the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer is that a little bit goes a long, LONG way. This is some heavy-duty, THICK, pigmented stuff. A very small amount should give you all the coverage you need.

Maybe I was expecting too much, but if a product has "creaseless" in the name, I expect it to at least be more crease-resistant than the average concealer. And on me, it fell short, creasing quickly and noticeably in the fine lines under my eyes. I find that concealers like this, which have a thick, greasy-feeling formula, crease the worst on me, whereas something thin and quick-drying like Mac Prolongwear works a lot better. I haven't totally given up on this product, and I'll continue to use to to cover other areas/blemishes on my face, but I'll be keeping it far away from my under-eye area.

on 5/2/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Tarte is hard to come by in the UK and I've been on a kick to find a concealer that doesnt crease as I have fine lines under my eyes . I was on the waitlist for this.
When it finally came I was disappointed. that initially it was clear fluid coming out. The tube is also kinda hard to squeeze but I squeezed until it was opaque cream. the shade was great I got tan (nc42/44). It was nice and yellow and very brightening.
However it was so greasy. it slid around and was very shiny and did slightly crease. I had to set with powder which then made it crease even more.

on 4/14/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have this concealer in I believe light/medium and I really love it. A little goes a LONG way, and the tube lasts forever but having said this, I have gone through at least a tube or two over the years and I plan to get more soon. I use this for acne and other spots and it covers really, really well, transforming my face from something that I can find hard to look at at times to very well concealed, making me look like I have healthy, normal skin. The coverage is full and the finish is dewy and skin-like, really quite perfect IMHO. My only issue is that it is made in China and I do worry about safety concerns in general, although the information on Tarte's site has put me at ease to some degree and I will continue to buy and wear this concealer, I give it only 3 stars as I don't 100 % trust in any cosmetics made in China, I need it to make my face look healthy. If it was made in America or Europe and other countries other than China I would give it 5 stars.

on 4/14/2015 9:55:00 AM

Been on this for a few months now and I use it daily for my under eyes. It's oil based and blends well without creasing or appearing too cakey. Most importantly it lasts for the entire day, without having to touch up much (you can if you want to)

on 4/13/2015 9:41:00 AM

These really do wear well, even with oily skin you'll get at least 6+ hours of wear out of it without blotting.

My only compliant is that the shades tend to be too light. Even the darkest one looks very ashy on deep skin tones. This does an excellent job at covering anything, even under eye circles, in a hurry while remaining and looking "like skin", meaning that it will move with your face, not crease and not be so thick and caked on that it's obvious you have on makeup.

It will start off initially thick (think toothpaste) but blends out to be a softer powdery finish that sets and stays put.

on 4/12/2015 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I am really loving this right now. It covers well, it's thick and creamy, very hydrating, easy to apply and blend, and doesn't budge on me at all. I do get some creasing, but with most high end concealers, it is very minimal! I really like this in a couple of shades lighter than my foundation to use as a highlighting concealer under my eyes! It really brightens and opens up the eye area! I set with very minimal powder, as I have dry skin. The price is great too! I will pay $24 all day long for a concealer of this caliber! I apply my under eye corrector, then foundation-skipping right under my eyes, then this concealer from inner to outer corner in the upside down triangle. It gives a very youthful appearance. The formula itself doesn't contain any shimmer or anything, but when applied and blended out properly, it almost gives a very soft focus light diffusing effect! I advise squeezing a tiny amount to the back of your hand first and tapping it out a bit to warm it up some before applying because this is a thick concealer. But, don't let that intimidate you from trying! I love a good thick, creamy, full coverage concealer bc you can always sheer it out some if needed. That is always better than having to apply layer over layer-cake face is not a good look! I think you should definitely get a shade match and give it a go. There is such a wide range of shades that any skin color or tone should be easily matched. Highly recommended and will repurchase!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - detailed user review (4.5 /5) product rating!!! by BeautyAndBrainsLA