December 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Fragrances - Vera Wang - Lovestruck

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by sillage

One of my top favorite fruity-floral perfumes ever! I don't generally love fruity perfumes at all -- but Lovestruck has always been an exception, ever since its launch. It had me at first test-sniff at Belk, years ago -- and I still have it and love it.

Why? Because it's *soft*, creamy, and musky -- and it seems like there's a little vanilla in there -- even though there isn't. Not sharp at all, and not overly *sweet* (which I hate).

Notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes Mandarin, Pink guava
Heart Notes Lotus, Tuberose
Base Notes Woods, Musk

It smells like a guava-cream sherbet or sorbet .... not bright & zippy (like most fruity-florals) .... it's more soft, languid, creamy, tropical-fruity, almost with a little vanilla (a favorite note). Delicious!! And not too sweet! I tend to wear Lovestruck a lot at the beach, because it fits the soft relaxed tropical breeze feel. Of all the "fruity-floral" perfumes out there, this is definitely one of my top favorites.

Unfortunately, the huge plastic flower bouquet cap was too much -- I threw the cap away. I recommend buying the "tester" bottle, which usually doesn't come with the cap -- because that floral cap was nothing but huge and annoying, in my humble opinion. But judge for yourself -- the floral cap can look pretty and decorative, sitting on a vanity.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This perfume is sweet and spicy. I think it can be perfect for any occasion, but when I smell it, I picture an outdoor wedding or a spring day walking at the park. If you're out on a date, it could add a bit of mystery to yourself. The packaging is hard to forget because the cap is huge and flashy, but it presents itself in a very adorable manner. Vera Wang never disappoints when it comes to how she designs things. I love everything about this perfume, but it doesn't stay on for long enough. You must spray many times for more staying power, but other than that, it's a great buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cutiepolish24

This perfume is really nice very similar to the original Princess by Vera Wang. The fragrance is very soft and delicate but will get you notice with the powerful smell. I recommend it to those who want to smell good but is not really strong or that will offend people.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favorite perfumes of all time. It smells really sweet, girly and at the same time it's distinguishable from all the other scents in stores. My go to perfume for dates and during winters :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Its a good perfume, what I like about it is that it smells good and different from all the rest with out trying to hard or smelling typical. It doesn't last long though, which is alright as long as you get the body lotion, shower gel ,mini spray and what ever else they have available. To me I see this perfume as being a fun, summery perfume-not citrus- I like it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by trueaddict

There are certain smells that I love and that I cannot stop smelling myself...and this is one of them. It's too bad that my extra inhaling leaves not much left for anyone else! I just found this 1.7 oz. eau de parfum today at Marshall's for $24 so I'm not complaining that much about the price. This smell kind of takes me back to high school when I was obsessed with Ralph Lauren Romance...and my mom wore Lancome Miracle. I might be the only one who would say this but I kind of detect a little bit of a mix of the two. In the beginning I smelled that strong "perfumy" smell which died down to a light floral musk. I always like Miracle on my mom, but it always went sour on me so this is a good compromise. This is definitely a safe buy for those who enjoy warmer scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Stacey74

I really love the smell of Lovestruck, but it has ZERO staying power! It lasts minutes. Even spraying it on my clothes, the scent is gone!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by karriwhel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My poor honey got this for me for Xmas....ohhh how he got ripped off. I am a fragrance junky and he was searching for a fragrance/designer I did not have & stumbled on this one after sneaking peeks at my fragrance shelves, how sneaky! I was so excited when I saw this & very proud he showed so much effort in selecting, but..... what a waste of $ Sure it smells heavenly....for about 5 minutes max if that. Something this expensive should never ever go away completely in 5 minutes! I mean I cannot even smell it lingering in the room I sprayed it (yes that bad) The bottle is horribly garish with that lid...mercy me, I am not 15yrs old & NOT even sure what the heck that dark mess is supposed to be, just annoys me as the bottle is so big & cumbersome, stands out like an ugly sore thumb on my shelf of pretty bottles. Save your $$ as you can get a quality fragrance for same price if not less!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by LadySarah24

I have this as a sample and I love the smell. Very happy

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this online without trying it out , after reading about it----a gamble...and guess what? It was worth it, Im happy!

One word to describe this parfume would be Gorgeous.
- On me it settles as being medium sweet not overly sweet, very fresh, fruity, slightly sparkly and somewhat woody and musky scent, it has a grown up edge to it - since I love light fragrances, I would not describe it as being too light but it is a light/medium scent and yes LOVESTRUCK does come to mind when I smell this- a slight plasticy scent appears after a few minutes and then dissapears within minutes but i think it is the mandarin (like a tropical one) - I cant smell the Guava on me- the woods and the sheer musk is there but queite sweet- If you deslike sweet scents then this is not for you- howoever it is suitable for various ages I think. The colors used for the packaging are sooo pretty although some people may think the plastic flowers look alittle cheap and tacky (but silk flowers could break even more easily)- and hard to travel with travel with it incase it breaks- could box the edp though if travellling far.

The neon pink writing may attract the younger market more and the elegant lid could attract all possible parfum lovers, carefully designed I think (dual object in mind) its v romantic, the writing may be less elegant than something like Jo malone/Romance (Ralph Lauren) but I think that it is because this product is aimed at all ages...for me the packaging is lovely romantic yet with a fresh edge and thats how I would also describe the contents- could make a lovely gift/side gift for wedding etc too as it is suitable for day and night- less powdery and more sweet in comparison to the Ralph Lauren Romance.

I adore sweet scents and so I prefer this to the Gucci Envy Me too- but fragrances should always be tried as they don't all work alike with everyones body chemistry. The staying power is not as great as the Gucci and Chanels but unlike the former I dont get headaches, my Chanel and Dior scents frequently give me a headache and I can always smell the alcohol in them- I cant smell the alcohol in this Vera Wang scent. I would wear this to work and on a night out- THE SCENT AS LOVELY AS IT IS... DISAPPEARED AFTER ABOUT AN HOUR OF WEARING IT- Chanel Chance (original pink) is also sweet maybe less musky with a nice scent and lasts much longer all day (too powerful; headache type for me). I have noticed the Chanel, Dior and Gucci scents last much longer than many others - they have the best staying power I think, but I get a headache from Dior and Chanel - I have tried most, Cartier and Arabian Oud (many fragrances non alcoholic ) do excellent fragrances with excellent staying power.

UPDATE: NO STAYING POWER ; DISAPPOINTING ; IF GIFTED IT WOULD BE AN AN EMBARRASSMENT DUE TO STAYING POWER!