October 24, 2014 | 949 users online

Styling Products - Oyin Handmade Hair Dew

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheTweet68

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good product if your scalp gets itchy from commercial products. I purchased the liter of this w/8 oz BSP. The smell of this product is delicious but it doesn't work well as LI for my thick/coarse hair or daughter's thin/fine hair. It's ok as a moisturizer but I have cheaper products that work better. But it doesn't irritate my scalp and doesn't build up or cause hair to feel icky after repeated use. I don't have to rinse my scalp every other day when using this product. Will repurchase if it's on sale. It's creamy but not thick and doesn't make hair oily or sticky when dry. Feels like water when applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you want moisturized hair, this is the product for you. I have type 4 curls/coils, which do not like heavy products or heavy manipulation. But, this moisturizer is light enough to do the moisturizing my hair needs. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this more as a leave-in but sometimes use this as a daily moisturizer when the air is dry or my hair is getting a bit frizzy. It is incredibly moisturizing and I don't need to use a lot (nickel sized amount) on my hair. It is not too heavy or greasy. It smells like waffle cones and maple syrup to my nose. I don't really care for the scent because of the maple syrup note, but it does fade and is tolerable. It gives great shine because of the oils in it and the aloe helps to keep moisture in. This is perfect for those with curly, dry hair. I'm actually looking forward to trying other Oyin products. For reference, my hair is 3b and highlighted, normal to high porosity with medium density.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by naleiarenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this !! Makes my frizzy ,curly hair happy and hydrated w/o greasies! The smell is lovely,sweet ,and soft(no musky flowers).Great on naked hair as a leave-in conditioner and as a 2nd or 3rd day refresher ,also a great daily moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best oil moisturizer/hair lotion ever. Better than old school Pink Oil or new school Hair Milks. Neither too greasy nor wet. It is a light cream, but still super moisturizing. Perfect for waking up your fro or curls between washes. No glycerin, so its not sticky! It is mainly water, castor & olive oils and aloe. So not too heavy for fine hair or looser curls. The sweet smell takes some getting used to but does fade. comes in a few sizes now - the liter has a pump! big recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best leave in I have ever used for my tightly coiled hair. The smell alone is enough to make me stock up. It's like maple syrup and sugar cookies! But the moisture?! Off the charts! I use this as a leave in on freshly washed hair. It also moisturizes hair thats a few days old and allows me to restyle. It's a water based moisturizer but the oils in the hair dew also help seal that moisture in. I seriously have no complaints. However I'm able to get it on ground for a few dollars extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by drawingdami

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS. I have been using Oyin products for a number of years now, and have been waiting for them to put out a sort of "hair milk" type product for daily use. My hair is super kinky [which is the best kind of kinky, IMHO :-) ] and MAN! Does it dry out, especially in the winter! But my scalp (and my skin in general) is very sensitive, so she will start to itch at a drop of a hat, or anything with too many synthetic ingredients, preservatives, or heavy fragrances. This stuff is great! It is really moisturizing without making your hair feel weighed down or sticky or crazy oily.

Here's a tip: If you are like me and your hair is so dry in the winter she could be used for fire kindling, mix a gob of this with some extra virgin coconut oil and put it on your hair at night with a satin cap. Your hair and scalp will become your best friends, trust!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Works well as a daily moisturizer/sealer (a two in one product) for days when there is not enought time to use two products. I've heard of folks using this product as a leave-in but I have not tried it as a leave in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to moisturizer for the winter months. It doesn't leave my hair heavy at all. In fact it is very light. The smell is pleasant but it fades a bit. In the summer months, I tend to use something else since I rinse my hair out more frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kaisofine

i really like this product. it feels like an hair lotion.

the only con for me is that i'm not crazy about the smell. however, i starting to lean over to the side of not liking foodie smelling products. to me it smells like the burnt sugar pomade or a funky vanilla candle. but the smell is lighter then the burnt sugar pomade.

on the plus side, it's not too heavy and it left my hair feeling very soft. i have always used hair lotions; even while i was still getting perms, and this is by far the best i have tried. i think both permed or natural girls will like this one.