December 18, 2014 | 825 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Trader Joe's - Spa Lavender Hand & Body Lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love applying this lotion before I go to bed. It's very light and the scent is very authentic and relaxes me. I love all of the Trader Joe's bath products I've used thus far. I also recommend the coconut body butter, SPF 15 moisturizer, and SPF 30 lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Happpyarrogance

I think this lotion is great. I love it! It's thicker then any other lotion I buy at Target (I usually get aveeno or jergens) so I like to alternate. I usually use this if I shower right before bed rather than the morning. It is not greasy and absorbs pretty fast. It smells wonderful! So nice! Not too strong. It's a very light pretty scent. I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this stuff!!!!
it absorbs great and leaves my skin soft. not greasy.
the lavender smell is wonderful but since natural, fades after a while, which is better for me.
I had been looking for a while for an affordable, natural body lotion w/o parabens, and this is it. Thank you Trader Joes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I love the smell of lavender. Especially before bed. I slather this all over my body after I get out the shower at night. The smell relaxes me and gets me ready for bed. Gives me just the right amount of moisture. Very affordable as well! I love it and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by erin1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this lotion - I find it super-moisturizing, although my skin isn't particularly dry, and it smells great. It's all natural and doesn't irritate my skin or allergies. The lavender scent is relaxing and soothing so I use it every night before bed. I just wish it came in a larger bottle.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

Trader Joe's beauty/skincare/personal care items have never lead me astray .... until now. I have been loving so much of their stuff lately that I didn't even think twice about picking this up. I am a huge fan of the Midsummer Night's Cream, and while I was picking up a replacement, I grabbed this, too. I thought that this lavender lotion would be perfect to keep at my bedside so I can lube up and calm down before bed.

Well, it smells nice. It does have citrus in it, so it really should be called "Lavender & Citrus" lotion, because it is pretty strong at first, but as you tub it in, the lovely lavender scent kicks in. I am not going to lie, it does smell wonderful, and the ingredients looked promising but it just doesn't work for me.

In the ingredients, aloe is listed 2nd (water is first), it has moisturizing alcohol, glycerin, and several other natural oils -- yet... it is not moisturizing at all!

The only good thing I can say about this, is that I absolutely love the packaging... It's so pretty and high quality looking. For such inexpensive products, TJ's does an amazing job with their packaging. It's so hard to resist the green plastic bottle that is reminiscent of apothecary glass and pretty whimsical flower doodles... I think I will have to save the pump & put something else in it...

You see, I sort of have dry skin, and on top of that, I am one of those enthusiastic hand washers -- I wash my hands all the time, and so they get really dry and I always am using hand lotion to put some of that moisture back into my hands. When I use this, my hands would feel better at first, but 30minuets later they would be dry & irritated again, so I would keep applying more. At first I thought it was just my hand soap was to drying, but when I switched to a different hand lotion the problem went away.

So then I went back to keeping it at my bedside and applying it all over my body before bed. I started to notice the same thing: after 30 minuets, I felt dry and irritated again. I guess I just never noticed it before since I would put it on and fall right to sleep.

I was so confused as to how something that had nice looking ingredients could make me feel MORE dry & irritated, so I did a little research. As it turns out lavender oil kills skin cells, meaning, it is inherently BAD for your skin. On top of that, it has lemon & lime oil are also known skin irritants.... wow.... so pretty much the main ingredients in this lotion are BAD for skin, so, that explains why I felt dry & irritated after using it....

I guess this is just yet another example that disproves the myth that natural = good.

such a bummer, because I love the smell... but I will go back to the Unscented Midsummer Night's cream, which gives me no issue...
Would I buy this again?
an outstanding NO!

to sum it all up...
please.... for the love of your skin.. do not use this...
stick to a nice lavender scented candle and leave it at that...