March 2, 2015 | 1655 users online

Highlighters - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Illuminizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2015 6:19:00 PM More reviews by glitterboo

I don't fall prey to the argan oil hype, I just like this product and it doesn't irritate my rosacea. I apply a dollop of my daily moisturizer in my clean hand and one pump of this illuminizer, combine and apply to my face. Mixing them creates like a bit of highlighter and a tinted moisturizer all in one. I don't think I could wear this all over if not mixed with the moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Gadgeteer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the Stila Illuminizer but this pump is more sanitary and who doesn't want to take advantage of any opportunity to use a little oil on their skin? In the bottles the two look different but on the skin they have the same golden shimmer. The Josie Maran product has a shinier base, which you will make you 'dry glow' like mad if you use too much. (Yep, I made that expression up. It means your face will be shiny but it'll be dry to the touch, not slick or greasy). Add less to your foundation, if this is how you use it, than you think you'll need until you gauge the amount of glow that tickles your fancy.

Considering how little it takes to get one's glow on this bottle will last close to forever if you treat it like something precious. It expires in 12 months so use it as generously as you dare - on your decollete, brow bone, in your foundation, as a highlighter and added to body lotion. When you imagine alllll the many possibilities, this is quite an economical purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by liorak

This stuff is amazing. I use this 3 different ways; 1) mix with my primer to have a subtle glow, 2) with my foundation for a bit more of a glow, or to make a matte foundation that I like the texture of more glowy, and 3) as a highlight on my cheekbones and nose. This product is amazing. I love the shade, it works well with my skin-tone. It does not break me out or give me red bumps. I just love the way that it makes my skin look. I think this would especially be amazing in summer mixed in with a TM!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by tessipie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this the other day and I love it. I use it as a highlighter, just dot a small amount above my cheek bones and on my brow bone and blend. It gives a lovely glowing look, and can be built up in intensity for night time. I used it under a powder highlighter for a more intense look and it looked great. Packaging is nice, I like the glass bottle, however the pump probably squeezes a bit too much out, you need to be careful with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I can mix it with any foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer, and it makes my skin glow without being a disco ball......especially love it with my Shiseido SPF foundation to create more of a radiant finish- about 2 parts foundation, and 1 part illuminizer.....and the great part, it will last forever!!!! Highly recommend giving it a try...you can always take it back!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I was going to love this when I swatched it on my hand it left a lovely soft sheen and the colour seemed very subtle blending beautifully into my pale skin , I couldn't get to the till quick enough ! However I wore it everyday for 2 weeks mixed into various foundations and tinted moisturiser but I just didn't see the subtle radiant glow i was looking for . I really like josie maran products and was very disappointed in this , it has such good reviews that I don't understand why it didn't work for me , maybe it's better as a highlighter on cheek and brow bone etc , it is worth a try but I recommend getting a sample first

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

This illuminizer does exactly what it says. It illuminates, and catches light like no bodies business. Its beautiful on the cheekbones, on the brow, on the decollete, the shoulders, a tiny bit on the cleavage. Anywhere you want to highlight. My fav part is, it looks great without coming out looking like a disco ball. The price is a little steep, but if you get it on eBay, you can get it for a great price (I scored this gem for about $20 w/ shipping included), and a little bit goes a LOOONG way with this product. You seriously only need just a smudge here and there. I highly recommend be haze it's hard to find a product that works the way this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was younger, I had very oily skin, and spent a lot of time trying to be sure my face wasn't shiny. When I saw that this was both an illuminizer and had argan oil, I was a little hesitant. Again, I didn't want my face to look shiny, and also because these things can also be pretty dark and/or orange-y, and I didn't want to look like I was attempting to channel John Boehner. But I knew I could return it if I didn't like it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I love this! One squirt from the bottle seems like it's way too much, but when you mix it with your foundation or tinted moisturizer, or whatever else you use, it blends in nicely. Once it's on your face, there is no shininess, and really not even any noticeable color/shade difference. Instead, your skin looks very healthy, like you have been taking a brisk walk, and a natural kind of brightness is there.

I recommend this product if you like to look a little bit extra healthy, but not bronzed or noticeably different.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while, not really knowing what to do with it exactly. Highlighting on my face has never been easy for me to accomplish so the bottle pretty much stayed in my makeup drawer, sadly staring at me to use it. Then, one day, a friend of mine suggested that I mix it with my foundation before applying and what a difference that made! Now, it no longer sits sadly in my drawer! I squirt a little of my BB cream (Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 27) on the back of my hand, add a dollop of the Illuminizer, mix it together with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, then tap it onto my face and blend away. The champagne color of the Illuminzer works great with my yellow undertones and it gives me a subtle, healthy-ish glow that doesn't look like a shiny oil slick. It is a little pricey, and I'm kind of on the fence on whether the bottle is ideal packaging since it's glass and the pump (or my pressing finger) sometimes has a mind of it's own, but you get a lot of product for the price and I love the look it gives me, as well as the added moisture from the Argan Oil is an added bonus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an illuminizer to mix with my foundation, and first I tried Nars Copacabana, it was ok, but it was way too pink for my skin tone (I am mostly neutral with a little bit of warmth). So, I needed something a little more golden, so I bought this. It is perfect! It adds a beautiful glow to my skin without looking oily. My skin is dry, so the fact that it is argon oil is a bonus for me. It doesn't break me out, or clog my pores. I gave it four stars because I wish it was in a squeeze tube, but if you are careful you can get the right amount out. I will repurchase.