Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Illuminizer

4.2

De-ionized Water**, Glycerin**, Tricaprylin, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Steareth-20, Dimethicone**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil**, Sodium Hydroxide. May Also Contain - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491**, CI 77492, CI 77499)**, Carmine (CI 75470)**, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake(CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate**, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate**. *Organic **Natural

on 6/20/2015 10:52:00 PM

When I can wear a highlighter on a sunny day without the risk of looking glittery, oily or unnatural I know I've got a great product. When Chantecaille discontinued their highlighter sticks that were out of this world I thought nothing could be as good. This highlighter comes pretty darn close. It leaves a beautiful sheen on the skin with a hint of warmth that seems to meld rather than sit on the skin. A bottle will last eons so this is a winner all round.

on 5/25/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product but it was a total failure. First the pump is useless. Second i tried it on my cheeks and the consistency of it is hard to spread (clumped) instead of going on seemingless and smooth too thick! Third i tried mixing in my foundation and applied it with a beauty blender and you can see the illuminizer clumps. It is too thick.

on 5/16/2015 3:03:00 AM

Only got a sample so far but loooove! And I don't throw out "love" a lot with products, actually rarely. Such a nice subtle yet noticeable dewy glow. Love that it's stays in a more pearlescent neutral tone (no orangy, pink, yellow, or even heavy glitter tones) that way you get a really true natural illuminated highlight. Seems like you can even add it to your lotion or foundation for a little radiance.

on 4/9/2015 12:15:00 AM

I adore this highlighter! Beautiful on my NC30ish skin. Doesn't break me out either. It's a bit pricey but a little goes a long way so a bottle will last you a long time. Unless your husband knocks it off the counter onto the tile floor and it shatters into pieces :( Will repurchase eventually.

on 3/27/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product! I apply to my cheekbones and it gives the most beautiful sheer glow. For more intense highlight, I put my Becca or Mary-Lou Manizer powder highlight over top of it. The only downside is as mentioned in other reviews, you have to be careful with the pump as it gives a lot of product.

on 3/3/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I was tired of the powdery cast of highlighting powders like NARS Albatross. Since I don't wear foundation, I don't tend to try liquid/cream highlighters. I'm MAC C7 and feel like many beloved highlighters pull too pink or yellow-green on my skin. The Josie Maran Illuminizer imparts a unique type of glow. It is void of huge glitter chunks so the sheen it leaves is very natural. The soft peach-gold shimmer blends nicely and if you use the correct amount, it is undetectable on the skin. My only issue is that I find it easy to dispense too much product due to the pump bottle. If you use this on your body (it looks phenomenal on the collarbones), I suppose the pump makes sense. Since I only use this on my cheekbones, I wish I could dispense half a pump each time. I can't speak to any of the argan oil skin benefits, but I am quite pleased with this product.

on 2/5/2015 6:19:00 PM

I don't fall prey to the argan oil hype, I just like this product and it doesn't irritate my rosacea. I apply a dollop of my daily moisturizer in my clean hand and one pump of this illuminizer, combine and apply to my face. Mixing them creates like a bit of highlighter and a tinted moisturizer all in one. I don't think I could wear this all over if not mixed with the moisturizer.

on 1/14/2015 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love the Stila Illuminizer but this pump is more sanitary and who doesn't want to take advantage of any opportunity to use a little oil on their skin? In the bottles the two look different but on the skin they have the same golden shimmer. The Josie Maran product has a shinier base, which you will make you 'dry glow' like mad if you use too much. (Yep, I made that expression up. It means your face will be shiny but it'll be dry to the touch, not slick or greasy). Add less to your foundation, if this is how you use it, than you think you'll need until you gauge the amount of glow that tickles your fancy.

Considering how little it takes to get one's glow on this bottle will last close to forever if you treat it like something precious. It expires in 12 months so use it as generously as you dare - on your decollete, brow bone, in your foundation, as a highlighter and added to body lotion. When you imagine alllll the many possibilities, this is quite an economical purchase.

on 11/25/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. I use this 3 different ways; 1) mix with my primer to have a subtle glow, 2) with my foundation for a bit more of a glow, or to make a matte foundation that I like the texture of more glowy, and 3) as a highlight on my cheekbones and nose. This product is amazing. I love the shade, it works well with my skin-tone. It does not break me out or give me red bumps. I just love the way that it makes my skin look. I think this would especially be amazing in summer mixed in with a TM!

on 10/12/2014 7:00:00 AM

Just bought this the other day and I love it. I use it as a highlighter, just dot a small amount above my cheek bones and on my brow bone and blend. It gives a lovely glowing look, and can be built up in intensity for night time. I used it under a powder highlighter for a more intense look and it looked great. Packaging is nice, I like the glass bottle, however the pump probably squeezes a bit too much out, you need to be careful with it!

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products