October 21, 2014 | 982 users online

Scrubs - Aveeno - Aveeno Active Naturals Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Coraldc

First of all, my sensitive skin reacted BADLY to this product. Considering the Aveeno brand in general is marketed as a brand that people with sensitive skin can use without any problems, I was very disappointed. I use a foaming cleanser of theirs without a problem, so I thought this would be OK.

Just to be sure that it was this product I reacted to I tried it twice (as the first time I tried it I had added another product to my usual routine as well), and the second time I used it I reacted the same - moderate stinging, really red face and a tight uncomfortable feeling to my skin. In fact, this product has given me the worst reaction I've ever had to a skincare product which surprised me. Luckily I had my Lush Oatfix mask onhand to soothe my skin after using this.

Even if I didn't react badly to this product I wouldn't continue using it because the "scrub" is pathetic - the particles are so fine that I can't believe that it would have a proper exfoliating effect. And that's the other disappointing thing about this product for me since I purchased it because I needed a new exfoliator for the very dry patches that I get on my T-zone.

This was also very pricey for a "drug store" product, at nearly $20 NZD. I don't even want to give this away to a friend because I was so dissatisfied with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Gucciandglitter

Not sure why I decided to buy this, maybe because I was happy with a lot of Aveeno products, but this wasn't one of them. It's probably a good scrub for someone with skin that doesn't break out easily and isn't sensitive. However, with acne prone skin, I think this broke me out. Also, the fragrance is just too strong. Even after around 4-5 minutes of rinsing this, I felt like I couldn't rinse all of it off. The good thing about this was that you need a very little amount of it to wash your face. Also, it's pretty gentle, so it's probably alright for everyday use. I will not repurchase this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by alliemcintosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember using this product about 8 months or so ago and my normally acne prone skin cleared up very quickly. This scrub gets the job done without irritating a sensitive complexion. I have a very dull, clogged looking complexion, and I am always on the hunt for a product that will make me look fresh, revitalized and have a clear complexion. THIS SCRUB DOES THAT. It really is detoxifying. I really like trying new products, but the last couple of products I have tried have just not done much good for my skin. I usually experience black heads in my t-zone as well as the monthly hormonal breakouts. This product clears the skin and creates a super smooth canvas for applying your make up. This is most definitely my HG Scrub. I am actually in love with the whole Aveeno Smart Essentials product line, I recommend them all to you ladies.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This scrub was pathetic. It's my own fault for buying it though. I doesn't have a single active ingredient in it to fight acne, and the cleansing agents it might have are not effective. It reminded me of washing my face with water/ finely milled sugar: slightly scrubby but with no real cleansing benefits. I also did not like the fragrance. I think most of the Aveeno products have nice fragrances, but this one...I'm not sure how to describe it, fake(?) I stopped using this scrub after just a few tries because I could feel a breakout was eminent. I'm not sure what skin type this product is intended for ("normal" skin maybe?) but it's not for anyone looking for a thoroughly cleansing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

Bought this because I couldn't find Aveeno's Skin Brightening Daily Scrub when I went shopping.

It's alright. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything because I could hardly feel any beads but my skin was noticeably softer when I rinsed it off. The smell is a little weird, but not unpleasant. Very gentle - honestly, unless you have super, super sensitive skin or scrub your face like a madwoman, I don't see how this product could be too harsh, so it's great for every day use.

It does what it says it does. I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LandonJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this stuff. It's has a great floral smell and the texture is just right. This scrub is not to harsh on skin, just gentle enough for everyday use. I found my face brighter, (& smoother) after just one wash. it's effective, and says what it does, and for the price, you really can't go wrong.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is terrible. I found it to be entirely ineffective. My skin was not rendered smoother or fresher. It does not exfoliate at all, it does not brighten, it does not detoxify. It is not gentle enough to use daily, contrary to its name. It stings the skin. It causes breakouts. It is heavily fragranced, and to boot, the strong scent smells awful and synthetic. I even tried it as a body scrub, but it did not apart from causing me to have dry skin. Not worth even trying, in my opinion.

I was surprised at the poor quality of this product, as I have liked every other Aveeno product I have tried. I actually really like their daily face scrub in the green tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

With very dry skin in the winter (Canadian!) and oily skin in summer, I find this product to cleanse very nicely and gently. Though it has SLS in it, it doesn't lather, but has a gel-like consistency with gentle beads that don't scratch.

The only con I have with this is the smell. It is very strong, with a musky floral scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

I bought this on a whim. I use it once a day combined with my Cetaphil to remove my makeup and the dead skin of the day. I noticed my skin brightening when first began using it but it has plateaued since. It leaves my face very soft and has not broken me out. It smells really nice and like that there are no harsh ingredients. I will probably purchase again if I don't find something else like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great daily cleansing scrub that is not too harsh, just enough to gently slough off dead skin. Has quite a strong fragrance though. This is supposed to contain a skin brightener, but I have not noticed any brightening effect from using this. It removes all my makeup and does not leave my combination skin feeling dry and tight.