July 22, 2014 | 1235 users online

Conditioner - Zoto's Hairtrition Color Protect Condtioner

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

First, let’s get the to product claims straight from the bottle. The whole aim of this line is that is it “nutrition” for healthy hair, and all the packages have “nutrition facts” to tell you what is in them & why it is good – I love this concept, it makes is very easy to decide which is best for you hair, and why while most other brands make lavish claims and leave the rest a mystery. I knew this sounded like a good bet because of the proteins and oils – two things I have learned really work well on my hair. So, here is what they say:

“Nutrition Facts” (claims made on the packaging):
+ Silk Amino Acids stregthen from the inside out
+Raspberry Extract protects with anti oxidants
+ Flax seed oil adds healthy sheen
+Morigna Protein reduced breakage
+Soybean Extract repairs & moisturizes
+Vitamins B5, C & E replenish & condition
+With Coconut Oil & Sunflower Seed Extract
+Protects color up to 66% longer (vs. a sulfate free leading professional shampoo & conditioner)

My hair: I have long, naturally curly hair (3b, ringlets the width of a highlighter) that is Caucasian, smooth, not porous/kinky, tangles easily. My hair can be very dry, frizzy and prone to breakage if not cared for properly. The strands are fine, but I have a lot of it, and it naturally has a lot of volume. It is frequently color treated (every 4-6 weeks) and is subjected to heat styling about 3 days a week on average. I do a modified “Curly Girl” method: I shampoo 1x week, and “CO-wash” almost daily in between. I have given up on going silicone free, and so now I am using this as my daily ‘rinse out’ conditioner to add extra moisture after I shampoo/co wash at the scalp. My hair loves moisture& I am a real conditioner junkie. I can go through a 16oz bottle in 2 weeks if I use it daily, and I am constantly rotating though several – at any given time you could out money on there being at least 4 different bottles in my shower. That being said, I am also kinda picky about my conditioners. I like light ones for co washing, but for a rinse out I like them to be thick and give a really good amount of moisture without coating my hair and making it weighted down & frizzy, and it is mandatory that it provides slip for detangling, since I only comb though while conditioning. It is a delicate balance for my hair, because I like my hair to be big w/ lots of volume, but still need enough moisture to keep it from being a frizzy-fro.

So, why do I love this?

First of all, I LOVE the smell: it’s tropical, fruity, coconutty – not everyone’s thing, I’m sure, but it’s probably one of the BEST things about this for me!

Secondly, the texture: It is VERY thick, yet it’s still easy to smooth onto my hair. It detangles my hair wonderfully. While it coats the hair very well while I clip it up and leave it in for the majority of my shower time to allow it to soak, it rinses out pretty easily for how thick it is. It leaves my hair shiny and moisturized, without weighing it down.

Results: after I get out of the shower and do my normally styling, my hair is shiny, hydrated, but still has body and bounce. I can use it daily, and I have had no issues with using it for an extended amount of time – sometimes a conditioner starts out great, and after a few weeks it starts to get worse. I have been using this for weeks and it’s still working wonderfully. I stopped using it for a few days and used a few others & soon my hair felt dry & frizzy. I went back to this and BAM, back to it previous glory. That tells me this is a real keeper.

Price: $7 for a liter on sale was an amazing deal! But, even at the regular price, for something this high quality, it is a fair price.

Packaging: Since I have the liter, and didn't spring the the pump, I have a little difficulty getting the product out because it is so thick and the bottle is too big for my thing hands, but I made do. I love the design and the originality of the "nutrition labels" i think it is fun and creative and doesn't look cheap/generic at all.

I would highly recommend this for anyone who enjoys a thick, hydrating conditioner that will not weight down you hair or cause it to become “over conditioned” & I am looking forward to trying some of their other products.

A few things to note:
+ It does contain a silicone: Amodimtheicone – so this is not an option for someone who is strictly silicone free, however, I have read that A lot of curlies who co-wash find that this ‘cone works well and does not build up or other problems. I know on naturallycurly.com a lot of people actually find this ingredient very desirable.
+ It does contain proteins: some people who have hair that is “protein sensitive” or for people who are concerned about “protein overload” might want to proceed with caution. I was a little worried about suing this daily after doing an aphogee protein treatment, but I have not had any problems at all – in fact, I think it’s realty helping to maintain elasticity and strength in my hair still several weeks after getting a trim & doing the protein treatment.