November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

BB Cream - Boscia - BB Cream SPF 27 PA++

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

2.5 stars overall.
I purchased this from Sephora a few years ago ($38 current price) with their wonderful 20% OFF F&F sale. At the time, BB creams were barely emerging into the US market and there were just a few brands that carried BB creams on Sephora at the time – so I bought them all! This included Clinique & Dr. Jart. Before the BB cream boom, I’ve used Missha/Haanskin brands. I returned the Clinique and kept the rest. Dr. Jart kept my skin moisturized, luminous, naturally smooth, even skintone, and I felt like it had additional benefits/improvements to my skin overall. It was one of the pricier ones, but like typical Korean BB creams, a little goes a long way. I felt good when I put it on.

As for this Boscia BB, I’m not sure why I kept it…every time I use it, I just give it a shrug. I reach for this bottle on certain occasions only because I want to finish it and when I don’t want a dewy face from Dr.Jart. I found myself using this through summer more often than Dr. Jart though, as it did provide a matte look overall, and never looked or felt greasy/oily. The Boscia doesn’t spread as easily as Dr. Jart & other Korean brands I've tried (Missha, Haanskin). In this case, a little only was enough for one cheek… I felt like I really have to rub/push the cream all around my face and lots of it to get the basic even skintone I wanted or am used to with some other BB creams. Though it didn’t spread easily, the product wasn’t thick. Some might like the “natural” look & feel of this product, but for me, it wasn't what I was looking for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I really like this bb cream, as it is great for all skin types. It does not make my oily areas more oily or accentuate my drier areas. It is very similar to the ones I have used from Asian brands like Etude House. On the packaging it says to blend with finger tips in circular motions but I reccomend using a patting motion instead. I always get better and more even coverage with bb creams with that method. The original shade is best for light-medium - medium skin tones. There is a Light version for all you fair girls out there (Bronze too for darker skin tones)!
This bb cream is extremely light weight. I have very sensitive skin and the product does not irritate my skin at all. I don't really mind the shimmer in the product, but it is probably not the best for mature skin. Lasting power is also awesome. It starts to fade after the 5-6 hour mark without setting powder. The only reason why I don't give it a 5 is because currently the ones sold in Canadian stores do not contain SPF :(. If it had SPF, I think its worth the $47.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LIke another reviewer, my sample is totally separating into what appears to be water and the actual cream! WTF???? I haven't brought mine on a flight and the temperature has been moderate, not hot by any means. This is unfortunate because I was actually loving this bronze BB cream for the summer and thought about purchasing the full size.
Besides the weird separation thing, it's actually a great BB cream, especially for summer. It's super light, so I layer it over my regular moisturizer. I love that it has SPF, so that takes out one step for me.
The color is great on my medium Mediterranean skin. I think it may be a bit too dark for winter though. I don't notice the sparkles. They're there, but nothing that screams disco ball or anything. I have a verrrrry observant spouse and he would mention a sparkly face if he noticed LOL. He hasn't said anything.
It's a light whipped texture that spreads easily and doesn't cause any breakouts. The formula is non-irritating on my sensitive rosacea-ish skin.
Overall, I would have purchased this to use as my spring/sumer time BB and given it higher marks but the separation I'm experiencing makes it unusable. And then when I saw I wasn't the only one...now I don't trust the product. Too bad, as I like the color better than my usual Tarte BB cream. But I guess I'll stick with my usual then.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I saw that they were releasing a bronze version of this product. I had really wanted to try their bb creams but at around an NC 44, the other shades they had were way too light. I really enjoyed the consistency of this product and the color match, but I don't know if it was the heat or bringing the product on a flight but it separated really badly. I'm talking straight liquid coming out of the container getting all over my clothes because I wasn't expecting it. I tried to shake it up and mix the product back together but it just wasn't working so unfortunately I had to throw it away. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sincerelygabby

I really like this product as a summer bb cream! I already went through one and am on my second. It adjusts to your skin tone and provides sheer coverage, which is all I'm really looking for in the summer. I moisturize before I apply it, as I think that it goes on much more smoothly. I apply with my fingers or a dampened beauty blender. I do have to go back over with concealer for blemishes, but it evens out some of the redness in my skin. It feels like you aren't wearing any makeup at all when you touch your face, which is something that I really like. It does have some sparkles in it, but I think they are a lot less noticeable on the face than when you pour it out. The only problem I have with this bb cream is that after a few months it started to separate in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ellenf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite BB. Light and almost gel-like when applied, it adjusts to the wearer's skin tone. Disappears except for the subtle equalizing of skin tone and texture and the hydrated feel of the skin. I wear the "light" one, but the product adjusts so well that I can wear my sample-sized tube of the normal color when I am out of my regular.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my favorite tinted moisturizer Nars and ran into this one at my drawer.
Nars- feels creamy on my skin. My face looks soft and silky. I use color Alaska and wow my face looks like porcelain. The makeup does not stay long, but I dont mind I feel my face looks pretty with make-up as without it.
Boscia- Always read label does not have preservatives it expires. Feels creamy, it is a little shimmery. Not crazy about the color. The makeup does not fall. It is a bb cream so it is a moisturizer, a foundation and does not need a primer. When you are on the go, this is the one to go.
When you are not putting much makeup on Nars is the one to go for.
N

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I received a sample of this from Sephora and tried it out for four days. On the plus side, the color worked relatively well for my NC35ish skintone, not too pink for my very warm coloring. I also didn't break out, and the coverage seemed just slightly better than my usual -- Tarte's Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer (which has now been reformulated as a BB Cream). The texture is almost like a whipped foam that feels just a bit dense but smooths evenly onto my face. On the minus side, I have never tried any form of foundation -- liquid, creme, tinted moisturizer, anything -- that is so SPARKLY. This is no finely-milled shimmer, but full-fledged glitter particles.

I've liked everything else I've tried from Boscia -- face wash, exfoliator, masks and hand cream -- but I won't be buying this in full-size because of the glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this BB cream. It's hard to pinpoint what's so great about it, since it seems like....nothing.... and yet I can't start my day without it. I think the key as to why this works so great for me is that I mix it with my argan oil. Here's why:

-I have combo/dry skin and so I always HAVE to mix this with a drop or two of Josie Maran argan oil. If I don't, it will make my dry skin more visible and go on patchy. I also find the oil does an excellent job with making a little bit of this product go a loooong way.

-It's a no brainer in terms of application (again made easier by the argan oil). the color is so subtle, you can slap it on your face pretty quickly. I know others have said you have to be careful how you apply but that isn't the case for me. I guess it's just a very good match for my skin tone and the texture does change quite a bit with the oil.

-It does SLIGHTLY even out my skin... I do notice a difference once it's on, though it is not comparable to foundation.

-it feels like you are wearing NOTHING.... i mean, nothing. I could apply and then wipe my face all over a white pillow case and I bet nothing would come off. That's what makes me even wonder if it's worthwhile -- is it actually doing anything? But because of my last point, I do think it adds something to my makeup routine. Maybe it's just a good primer. Who knows....

-The packaging is just really, really nice. i love it.

CONS
-is this SPF or not??? I bought in the US and it's labeled SPF 27++ (whatever the hell that means). In Canada, there is no SPF on the label. That's kind of a bummer. I know Canada has stricter packaging laws. And I purchased thinking, OK, even if it doesn't do much in terms of coverage, at least it's an excellent sunscreen.... Well, now I don't even know if that's the case. Either the Canadian laws are too strict or they are too lenient in the US. Right now, my current tube has no SPF on the label which makes me feel as though I need to ALSO wear a sunscreen in addition to this. So when I run out I may not repurchase, because it's pretty expensive.

If this appeared in Canada with SPF on the label then yes, I would 100% repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I got sample of this from Sephora & I like it. Yeah, it is full of glitter, but if you finish it with a powder, it's not noticeable. I like the finish & texture this gave my skin, I didn't feel the need for foundation over it & I barely had to use any concealer, when I have LOT of sun damage. Love this, but with the glitter & price point; it's not something that I can purchase.