April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

BB Cream - Boscia - BB Cream SPF 27 PA++

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I received a sample of this from Sephora and tried it out for four days. On the plus side, the color worked relatively well for my NC35ish skintone, not too pink for my very warm coloring. I also didn't break out, and the coverage seemed just slightly better than my usual -- Tarte's Smooth Operator Tinted Moisturizer (which has now been reformulated as a BB Cream). The texture is almost like a whipped foam that feels just a bit dense but smooths evenly onto my face. On the minus side, I have never tried any form of foundation -- liquid, creme, tinted moisturizer, anything -- that is so SPARKLY. This is no finely-milled shimmer, but full-fledged glitter particles.

I've liked everything else I've tried from Boscia -- face wash, exfoliator, masks and hand cream -- but I won't be buying this in full-size because of the glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this BB cream. It's hard to pinpoint what's so great about it, since it seems like....nothing.... and yet I can't start my day without it. I think the key as to why this works so great for me is that I mix it with my argan oil. Here's why:

-I have combo/dry skin and so I always HAVE to mix this with a drop or two of Josie Maran argan oil. If I don't, it will make my dry skin more visible and go on patchy. I also find the oil does an excellent job with making a little bit of this product go a loooong way.

-It's a no brainer in terms of application (again made easier by the argan oil). the color is so subtle, you can slap it on your face pretty quickly. I know others have said you have to be careful how you apply but that isn't the case for me. I guess it's just a very good match for my skin tone and the texture does change quite a bit with the oil.

-It does SLIGHTLY even out my skin... I do notice a difference once it's on, though it is not comparable to foundation.

-it feels like you are wearing NOTHING.... i mean, nothing. I could apply and then wipe my face all over a white pillow case and I bet nothing would come off. That's what makes me even wonder if it's worthwhile -- is it actually doing anything? But because of my last point, I do think it adds something to my makeup routine. Maybe it's just a good primer. Who knows....

-The packaging is just really, really nice. i love it.

CONS
-is this SPF or not??? I bought in the US and it's labeled SPF 27++ (whatever the hell that means). In Canada, there is no SPF on the label. That's kind of a bummer. I know Canada has stricter packaging laws. And I purchased thinking, OK, even if it doesn't do much in terms of coverage, at least it's an excellent sunscreen.... Well, now I don't even know if that's the case. Either the Canadian laws are too strict or they are too lenient in the US. Right now, my current tube has no SPF on the label which makes me feel as though I need to ALSO wear a sunscreen in addition to this. So when I run out I may not repurchase, because it's pretty expensive.

If this appeared in Canada with SPF on the label then yes, I would 100% repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by BeccahH

I got sample of this from Sephora & I like it. Yeah, it is full of glitter, but if you finish it with a powder, it's not noticeable. I like the finish & texture this gave my skin, I didn't feel the need for foundation over it & I barely had to use any concealer, when I have LOT of sun damage. Love this, but with the glitter & price point; it's not something that I can purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by spanxi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Perfect texture, whipped, light, even coverage. After a couple of minutes the color adjusts and looks natural, until a sparkle catches your eye... glitter!?! This product is full of glitter. Disappointing

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by CharlieThoughts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boscia BB Cream is not to be confused as my holy grail base product but it runs pretty damn close.

Packaging: Practical hygienic squeeze bottle with a shiny silver screw cap that locks in place to prevent spills. White with bright blue designs reminiscent of distinct Japanese patterns. Metallic brand title and grey font on bottle. Cute almost childlike packaging.

Scent: Fragrance free and no noticeable scent.

Texture: Light, mousse-like with unique water droplets that form as product is massaged in by hand. Refreshing whipped airy mousse texture. No silicone texture like tarte bb tinted primer or guerlain terracotta skin effect foundation. No creamy residue on blending hand afterwards.

Colour: Original shade. Grey and pink undertone. Fits fair NC-20 skin if blended in by hand using circular massaging movements. Must thoroughly blend in. Work in sections.

Finish: Virtually undetectable. Subtle brightening properties, accentuates natural flush in cheeks. Some glitter visible (grr). No hydration properties, must moisturize prior to application. Does not smooth over uneven skin texture. No light diffusing properties. Looks prettiest in broad daylight. Looks worst under fluorescent bathroom lighting as it accentuates texture of uneven skin. Minimizes pores.

Notes: Sheer , negligible wash of colour, extremely subtle colour correcting abilities, feels cool and refreshing though no hydration provided for skin, makes dry patches drier on normal dry skin, natural finish, neither dewy nor matte.

Conclusion: For skin needing no major correction, best on smooth textured skin. Enjoyed most in summer. Feels like no makeup on. Skin to the touch felt bare. Product feels like a makeup product due to sparkles and no visible skin improvements.

Solid product for those needing subtle brightening, sheer coverage and no makeup feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by PDizzle7

Awesome product! Feels super smooth and acts as a fantastic primer. I was a little skeptical about the self-adjusting shade...but it actually does match ur skin! It goes on light and adjusts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Loving this BB! The color wasn't blending in at first but after the application method recommended on Boscia's Youtube videos, it worked so much better. They recommend that you "press and roll" the BB into your skin rather than using a brush or swirling it in like a moisturizer. Using their method gave me much better color match and I am very satisfied with the sheer-medium coverage. It hides all my redness and "softens" my acne scars, not completely hidden but that's what I was going for. I don't want perfect skin one day and then on a day when I don't have time to do my makeup have scars that "came out of nowhere." It has a little shimmer to it which I like and the sun protection (paired with my Olay Oil-Free Sensitive Skin SPF 15 moisturizer) is more than adequate. Overall I really love this BB and will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by happytypingirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was shocked that the rating was not 4 - 5 stars. I LOVE THIS BB Cream. I was given 3 different samples (at Sephora) of other BB's, along with a fresh new bottle of my Boscia. Jart and the other stuff ( can't remember the other brands) did not even compete!
It blends in to match my semi fair skin. It covers large pores-it makes my skin even. It is a miracle cream, and it lasts 4-5 months, however……. I do not see any skin improvement …I still have uneven skin tone and on the end of my second bottle. But I don't think 8 months is too soon to be critical. So it is a good cover up foundation for now! Really, I love this stuff. It is awesome. I will buy over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this in the mail so I decided to give it a go this morning. In a nutshell: Worst BB cream I've ever tried. It's absolutely awful, especially if your skin isn't perfect. This emphasized my large pores and scars from acne and chicken pox and made them look far far worse. I looked like I had huge craters in my face. Suffice it to say, I threw the rest of the sample out. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I had a terrible accident that burned my face with 1st and 2nd degree burns...even after it looked somewhat heeled, it was very sensitive, and left me unable to wear makeup or my regular BB cream that I love....I had received a sample of this from Sephora, and decided to give it a try....it did not irritate or burn like other stuff.....so off to Sephora I went to purchase it, and I have to say I absolutely love it....time will tell if I like it better than the Missha......all I can say, is it is nice not to have to look at my reddened areas on my face, and to look natural at the same time. It is a bit pricey, but for now, it is way worth it.