November 27, 2014 | 1368 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Prairie - SKIN CAVIAR CRYSTALLINE CONCENTRE

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by ceebee90

The only reason I was able to give this product a try was because I visited my grandmother, who happened to have this in her bathroom. I tried it for the week I was there. I noticed my skin looked pretty good. There is a cosmetic benefit, but I wondered if there was actually any skin care benefit for such an expensive product. Then I looked it up.

This product is an insult and amounts to a con. For over 400 dollars, you get water, silicones,irritants, including plenty of fragrance, and one of the absolute worst things you can put on your skin- alcohol. ALCOHOL. Cytotoxic alcohol, which causes free-radical damage. collagen destruction, and increased oil production in pores. Alcohol is ONLY added to skin care because it makes a heavier formula feel lighter and dry more quickly. You'd think La Prairie could afford to do a little research. I'm pretty much poor, and I found this out years ago.

Caviar and diamonds have no skin care benefits that science knows of. They were obviously stuck in there to lure people who place status over effectiveness, who are more interested in spending than researching. People who will buy anything because it's the priciest, who are just itching to walk around with diamonds and caviar on their face (Like my grandmother, God bless her lol). I mean, come on now. This product contains peptides and antioxidant, but so do plenty of other products, for a fraction of the cost. In fact, you can get better skin care results (alcohol-free) from any number of drugstore brands- Olay, Neutrogena, and Cerave to name a few. Or, if you are intent on going the high-end route, any number of department store brands and elite brands put out better products.

La Prairie is a cruel joke on the mega-rich. The brand works better as a social experiment than skin care.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by stumbellina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I *love* this stuff. Probably the best skin care item I have ever come across. It gives a lovely luminous glow, not only cosmetically but also from the inside out--in that it just makes my skin *happy*. Although it is RIDICULOUS expensive, I have bought it twice now, and probably will be buying it again this summer. I wish there was a less expensive dupe, but there is simply nothing else out there quite like it. Prettiness in a jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Andrew85

A winner in la prairie caviar collection an amazing serum.. It gives you inmediate glow... Such an amazing product.. You skin will be clear,toned, with an amazing glow....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This concentrate is fantastic. I had initially thought it did nothing for me and on some days the smell of this product can be overwhelming to me, but that being said, as I continued using it (and now i'm finished with the whole bottle) I've noticed that my skin is significantly IMMEDIATELY even toned, bright, luminous and glowing. NO other product has had this effect on my skin. I really did not want to love this product because its so super pricy but I can only wear this on my face with my HG Clarins sunscreen and i see immediate results, and i can actually go out without wearing any tinted moisturizer/foundation. This is definitely a miracle worker! I will definitely repurchase this. EDIT: I hate to bring this down to 2 lippies but i was inititally correct - This does NOTHING for my skin. I thought it was this that gave me that luminosity and even toned skin, but i was wrong. On days when my skin is not perfect to begin with, this does absolutely NOTHING! Total waste of moeny. Not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this for two weeks and I have to say I think this is fab! I had previously been using the full size Gold Radiance serum, which I chose above other brands because of the splendor and the fact that I really liked the silky feel of it when I tried it on at the counter. I'm surprised to find that this Caviar serum feels even nicer and makes my skin feel even better than the Gold serum. My skin has been suffering from acne the past year due to stress etc, and when I apply this over the acne it doesn't irritate it at all and keeps my skin quite settled (though I would not advise this as a cure for acne, but just something that doesn't irritate sensitive skin)! I have been using this with the Caviar Luxe Cream on top, as I bought them both in the Caviar for perfect eyes gift set, and my skin has been feeling really great. I think this is a good luxury to use to pamper yourself if you can afford it (or would be happy to walk around with holes in my shoes and not buy clothes for 6 months to splash out on this - like myself).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:52:00 AM More reviews by ksiusha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi,
I am 31 and I've just noticed a couple of small lines on my forehead plus my skin tone was far from what I wanted it to be, so I thought I need something more powerful than just a mosturiser. I have to say the price of this product is high, very high, but I like the results so far. I am using it only for two weeks, and it usually takes at least 30 days to see the real effetcs of any serum or cream, but I have to say I am very happy with my improved skin tone even at this stage. The skin became smooth, it has also reduced some minor inflamations on my skin and it seems helping to prevent new ones. It is absorbed really quickly by the skin, and I think I tend to use more than one drop, just because I like to feel it for a moment longer on my skin, but in other respects I am very happy with it. I will update this review after two more weeks, to let you know if it made a difference on my lines

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xrysmaxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite serum! My skin loves it! I have tried many serums including platinum but this is a great one. I am 30 years old and I have some expression lines when I laugh. I have to say it is quite effective! Ok there are NO miracle serums or creams but with some good products there is always an improvement. I use it in the morning with the anti-aging day 30 SPF(for summer). Love the dropper! Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by girasole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate to love this one but it's really effective. I use it with LP caviar cream and I can find just after two weeks use, my face is illuminated and healthier, and these little wrinkles seem to be less visible.

The texture is gel like, containing shining diamond powder which gives an instant glow, and just massage one drop of product into you face, wait for a while till it's absorbed completely, then add your preferred moiturizer. The price tag is maybe crazy but if you r clever enough, buy it in DFS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Giggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product works well with the Balancing lotion and the White Caviar cream. For best results use at night 30 minutes prior bed time and try to sleep on your back. Yes, it has diamond powder and Quartz crystals plus pearls too. Its expensive but a luxury every woman should have and worth every penny.