July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by choconoonna

This is my second Bronzer after NARSissist, I don't know about the glow people were raving about it, but this Soleil Tan de Chanel gave me the right subtle dimension as bronzing make up base should be. I'm NW20, using N20 for Chanel's.

I'm not into bronzer before, since fair skin is adored here, but then I knew that I had a bit dead face until the bronzer touched my cheek. Even wwithout make up on, I swirl a bit this lovely bronzer to add dimension and slimmer cheek..

This bronzer is available only in one color, but I think suitable for most skin colors and type. The case is sturdy and lovely, rounded case like Poudre Universelle Libre, but shorter. I just wish Chanel provide us with the brush. I'm using this with Sigma Kabuki. The smell is just like Chanel's, and I didn't develop any allergic reaction on it, eventhough I have very sensitive acne prone with combination skin, tends to very oily at T-zone.

Luv, luv, and definitely will buy again, altough the Le Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-color seems tempting. For the price I bought at Soetta's Duty Free, it's definitely well-worth since it will take a year more to hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG bronzer for me! I have never liked bronzers because they always look orange and muddy on my NC15 skin. I've been eyeing this product for years, but recently splurged and I'm really glad I did. Yes it is expensive but look at how much product you're getting. It is a cream and you only need the smallest amount. I use a duo fiber brush to apply it with a light hand. There is NO orange in this. It just looks sunkissed in a natural way. I've seen tutorials where it is applied over liquid foundation, but I hate foundation. I wear concealer and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light. This bronzer, even though it is a cream, does not disturb my other makeup. I just apply it after my powder and blush so I can gauge how much color I need. I would definitely repurchase, but I doubt I'll need to anytime soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by palomino1701

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Orange. Orange. Orange.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good god, this is a total winner. I thought the mattifying Terracotta bronzer from Guerlain in a tube was lovely until I tried Chanel. It beats Guerlain by far. Whereas Guerlain is silicon-ey and makes a (mattifying and smoothing) layer on the skin, Chanel goes on feather-like, you don't feel you have someting on, you don't look like you have bronzer on and you don't need to set it with anything on top so that it looks just like your sunkissed skin. As to the color, it will suit a lot of pale and fair skins I believe. I am like MAC NW18-18 and I feel totally fine about it. It looks quite golden (not yellow and not brick) in the pan but if compared to Guerlain's Terracotta in Blondes, it appears by far more calm coffee-tonned. For me, it makes a beautiful sunkissed (not bronzed) look. If I want a really bronzed look, I would opt for Terracotta in Brunettes. Application can be a bit tricky, you have to find your HG brush for it. I tried following Lisa Eldridge with a Chanel Touch Up Kabuki brush and didn't like it. Small broken bristles deposit themselves into the pan and it is gross. Besides, the brush is too big. I tried Dior's light coverage dense flat foundation brush and it didn't deliver. I used a generic synthetic roundish dense powder brush and bingo, that was it. I am totally sold. I marked Tan de Chanel as "will repurchase" but mind that you get 30 (thirty) grams, it is very unlikely that I will run out of it soon. If I however do, I will for sure repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a god send- a good bronzer for fair- medium skin tones and I can tell u it does not show up orange in any way! Pros: you get a lot for the money (au $65?) 30grms will last you a long time The packaging is practical for the formula, fancy and sturdy I can't really go past it looks good on dressing table too :0). The colour is a beautiful rich bronze that looks natural The blendabilty of this is Shockley good! You don't have to spend too much time working it into skin. Lasts a long time on my very oily skin and it doesn't slide or melt (I thought it would being a cream base). It doesn't seep into large pores or wear funny NO CONS Not even the price because I think it's fair seeing so it's such a HG for me but if it where ever cheaper I wouldn't complain ;).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product!

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous and looks so pretty and classy sitting on my dressing table!

I use this bronzer almost every single day. I like to use fake tan but find it always fades too quickly on my face and I find piling on powder bronzer can look cakey and unnatural so this is the perfect solution!

I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, which blends it into the skin well and picks up just the right amount of product, before I apply my foundation. It gives my skin and instant glow and makes my skin look instantly healthier and more alive. I find my foundation always looks better with this underneath and I feel like I don't need as much foundation either. It's got a lovely smooth texture and is such a natural bronze which gives you a natural-looking glow.

I couldn't be without this now. I really can't recommend it enough!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

A little goes a long way, there is a lot of product. It smells really nice and gives you a very natural sunkissed glow (not the orangey or brown color some bronzers gives off).
Will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first thing that has to be said about Soleil Tan de Chanel is this stuff is going to last you forever there is a lot of product and a little seems to go a really long way. It would not be the ideal packaging to go travelling as is quite bulky.

My skin is NC15 so know I have to go easy on the bronze so as to not look as if I've had a visit to Jersery Shore, the QC or been attacked by a sunbed! This is definately not a dark toned bronzer I would say more mid-tone. (arm swatch above). I have found this easiest to apply and blend with a small stippling brush (current favs being Bdellium and RT) and you only need to dot the brush in for the smallest amount. It blends really well and does not ball over liquid foundation at all.

However I still seem to reach for a powder bronzer before this because it is quicker and easier to apply so can see myself owning this for many more years to come yet - unless it decides to go off first - hope not :) I've had it well over a year and hardly made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is pricey, but will last a lifetime. A cream bronzer is beautiful on more mature skin, as it does not cake in lines. The color of this bronzer is beautiful and natural. I live it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'd been wanting to try this for a while and i'd tried the Boujois bronzing base as well. In all honesty i much prefer this. It seems more expensive but in reality it's not . You do get a lot of product (30g for 31.00 approx in the UK). The Boujois bronzing base contains 10g i think for 9.99. I also find that soleil de tan can be built up very gradually ,which is a good thing for me as with my fair skin i don't want to end up like an umpa lumpa(forgive the spelling}! It also has little or no fragrance from what i can tell whereas the Boujois has a very strong chocolate smell which i found far too overpowering.It can be a little tricky to master the application but it looks very natural when you do get it right and also tends to last a very decent amount of time.