April 16, 2014 | 933 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

A little goes a long way, there is a lot of product. It smells really nice and gives you a very natural sunkissed glow (not the orangey or brown color some bronzers gives off).
Will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first thing that has to be said about Soleil Tan de Chanel is this stuff is going to last you forever there is a lot of product and a little seems to go a really long way. It would not be the ideal packaging to go travelling as is quite bulky.

My skin is NC15 so know I have to go easy on the bronze so as to not look as if I've had a visit to Jersery Shore, the QC or been attacked by a sunbed! This is definately not a dark toned bronzer I would say more mid-tone. (arm swatch above). I have found this easiest to apply and blend with a small stippling brush (current favs being Bdellium and RT) and you only need to dot the brush in for the smallest amount. It blends really well and does not ball over liquid foundation at all.

However I still seem to reach for a powder bronzer before this because it is quicker and easier to apply so can see myself owning this for many more years to come yet - unless it decides to go off first - hope not :) I've had it well over a year and hardly made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is pricey, but will last a lifetime. A cream bronzer is beautiful on more mature skin, as it does not cake in lines. The color of this bronzer is beautiful and natural. I live it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'd been wanting to try this for a while and i'd tried the Boujois bronzing base as well. In all honesty i much prefer this. It seems more expensive but in reality it's not . You do get a lot of product (30g for 31.00 approx in the UK). The Boujois bronzing base contains 10g i think for 9.99. I also find that soleil de tan can be built up very gradually ,which is a good thing for me as with my fair skin i don't want to end up like an umpa lumpa(forgive the spelling}! It also has little or no fragrance from what i can tell whereas the Boujois has a very strong chocolate smell which i found far too overpowering.It can be a little tricky to master the application but it looks very natural when you do get it right and also tends to last a very decent amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by naicha

Having used it for over a year now, I can safely say that I do really like this bronzer, however it didn't manifest itself as Holy Grail Material. I love the cream formula - I only wear cream or liquid blushes so I find that powder bronzers can interfere with the dewy look I prefer on my cheeks. It does contain little shimmer particles which I am not crazy about, and it definitely takes a little more effort than powder bronzer to blend any edges and make it look seamless and natural, so I can't just whack this on the way I do with a powder. Those minor complaints aside, I do really enjoy wearing it - the peach undertones almost make this a bronzer/bush hybrid for me, and I particularly enjoy wearing this with a darker eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by StefanieBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard so much about this product, I had to run to Harvey Nichols asap to get my own! I do think the formula of this product is perfect, especially over (or under as suggested by Chanel) a paticulary dewy foundation/bb cream (I wear Mac Prep + Prime in dark) but I imagine this would be more noticable, yet not too heavy, on fairer skin... it kind of blends into my skin tone and becomes almost invisible. I must admit, the packaging is a beauty so I do love to look at it but maybe I will have to save this for winter months when I'm naturally lighter. I'm Mac NC35 in my Pro Longwer, so if you are the same or darker, hmm maybe not for us! Beautiful product though, well done Chanel...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

This is actually my first review on Makeup Alley and I just had to as I find this product absolutely amazing! I am a HUGE makeup freak and I love trying new products. I have fair skin and I've tried so many bronzers but I think I found my #1 bronzer. Normally, I use Nars casino bronzer, it's a little dark for winter but I find it easily workable for winter and summer. The only thing is I find myself more attracted to a ''creamy'' texture instead of powder as it stays on better (same goes for blush). I heard a lot about Soleil Tan and I decided to purchase it even though it's quite $$$ (about 51$ Canadian). Keep in mind that this will last you a life time as you only need a little bit so after all, it was a good investment. I love how you can easily work with it and build with it's creamy texture, once applied on the skin it has a really natural finish and using the right brush you get it exactly where you want it. The tone of it is just perfect for summer or winter, I think ill love it even more during the summer as I tend to get dark. I used a small foundation brush to apply it right under my cheek bone and on the t-zone. I definitely suggest this product to those who are still looking for the right bronzer. It's very popular so it might be hard to find but I got lucky, i'd stock up! Definitly a 5 star + for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

Love this product! I use this with a drugstore kubuki brush or my Real Techniques stipling brush. Use this bronzer to contour my cheeks, jawline, nose, and forehead. It is perfect for contouring because it blends so well into my skin, and gives a very natural bronze look. I have medium/olive skin. I have used this product in the Summer and Winter. Works well with oily skin. Best bronzer I have used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This product is absolutely incredible - once applied it imparts a beautiful bronze glow that is neither too orange (I'm Chinese with a medium beige skin tone) nor too sparkly.

I always apply on top of a liquid, whipped, or cream foundation. I use a stippling brush (MAC 187 is my go to) that I press into once or twice into the pot (the payoff is deep so don't load your brush), then onto the cheek it goes. Just off the apple for a nice sunkissed look, or directly onto the cheekbone/jaw line/three points on the hairline for the classic contour look. Remember to blend! The brush is great for this, but a finger with it's body warmth will work like a dream. I don't usually set with powder, but I do like to add a swipe of pink blush on top.

Guys and gals, I really recommend this. It is just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This and Chanel's loose powder are must haves from Chanel. Partly because they are the most cost efficient and are awesome. The soleil goes on super smooth and I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I saw it on pixiwoo. It helps get into the hollow of the cheek. Then use upwards around the face and hairline. Downwards yo the jaw line and bridge of nose
I don't break out it doesn't look dirty. It's classically beautiful Chanel.