March 1, 2015 | 1737 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - Dry Texturizing Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2015 7:13:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I am not a fan of the scent. This would be good a pinch for volume at the crown & a wee bit of texture (grit) elsewhere. But I can't use this daily as it will start ti leave your hair feeling too gritty & dirty. So yes....it is nice to have. No, I can't use it on a regular basis. Hot rollers gI've my fone wavy locks more lift & life than this. I doubt I would repurchase especially at its ridiculous price. If it were a drugstore price, I might keep a small bottle around.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2015 8:58:00 PM More reviews by sabrunka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I haven't used this in a while, but I remember from when I DID own it, I loved the smell, but wasn't sure if it was actually doing anything to my hair. I do remember it having that fun, messy look, but it didn't seem to stick throughout the day. My hair is VERY fine and thin/wispy, so I have to be cautious with every product that I put in my hair. Maybe I'll try this again soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2015 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I cringe everytime I buy this, but I have to say it is worth every penny. I've tried so many drugstore and cheaper texturizing products, and this tops them all. I have very course Asian straight hair that is very hard to texturize without being weighed down, and this works perfectly. I have shoulder length hair that loses volume at the crown sometimes, and a little spray at the roots makes my hair come to life. I also like to spray random strands and then just tease my hair with my hands so it looks a little 'lived in.' Dry shampoos don't come anywhere close to giving my hair the texture I need, despite it also being a spray product. I'm not one to buy expensive hair products, but I will be purchasing this over and over. The scent is a little strong, but it doesn't bother me too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuck! I purchased the small purse size can of this, and glad I did. I was only out $25.00 instead of $42.00. First of all the smell. I can't put my finger on it, but I smelled this before. It is a really strong floral fragrance that smells cheap and lasts all day. That's not a good thing either.
I have short hair with a lot of layers that I like to have some structure. I was hoping this product would help with that. I could not even get the product to come out of the can. I kept squeezing the top, and finally got some to come out.
It comes out like a dry shampoo, and did nothing to help hold up my layers. It might be good for oily hair, but I have dry hair. It did nothing for my hair except make it smell bad for the better part of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by juno2509

Me encanta!!!!
Vivo en españa y es francamente caro de conseguir.Así que pagué la burrada de 50 € por un bote, pero estoy encantada !!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Polygon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favourite texturizing spray.
My natural hair is thick and straight (asian hair), and I've tried many products when it comes to volume and texture, trying to find the ones that would actually keep my hair looking volumized/adds texture that lasts throuhout the day.

This really gives you the Victoria's Secret texture look, and it also adds some volume to my thick/straight hair. If you want the full-on look, I would recommend using this together with Oribe's Surfcomber mousse as well.

I really like that this product doesn't contain any sodium chloride (such as lots of texturizing sprays may do), so it doesn't damage or dry out the hair. Sure it's oh so-expensive, but you get what you pay for. People have recommended the Sebastian texturizer to me, but Oribe's is just so much better, and actually gives you that perfectly tossled look, without damaging your hair in the process.

Even though my hair is quite dark (black/brown) ish, this doesn't leave any white-powdered marks. Also, the hair still feels soft with the product in, and you don't get that stiff/chalky feeling.

So, to add up:
Great texture, some volume, no sodium chloride, amazing scent, soft hair that you actually can comb through, and it leaves no white marks.

I give this 4/5, the only con being that it really didn't give me that much volume.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by miracle467

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg it's the one product I can not live without. I panic if I'm close to being out or if I don't have the travel size one. This stuff is amazing and it works AND it smells amazing! I can go 5 days without washing my hair with this stuff and it does not weigh your hair down. I spray it in my roots to ends. Works best the following days after using the maxinista (sp).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Oribe dry texturizing spray. It's all volume and texture in my flat hair. A must have..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Read a lot of great reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. It did do a good job of adding texture and volume to my hair. However, I just couldn't get past the smell. After using this product on my hair you couldn't even smell my perfume, all you could smell was this strong, unpleasant odor. I'm a perfume junkie and I quit using this product because I no longer smelled great. Seriously, I could smell this stuff until I washed my hair!

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Be forewarned that I am an Oribe junkie so I'm completely biased. I love everything that this product does for my straight, coarse, thick hair. I spray it all over to give volume and texture, not to mention that the scent is AMAZINGGG. My hair is thick/heavy so I still need to tease my roots in order to maintain any kind of volume, but this acts as a great base before teasing.

I would say this acts like a hairspray without the stickiness and tackiness. Yes it does give your hair that grimy texture, but it's a texturizing spray, what do you expect! I also use this on days when I skip on shampooing, and this helps de-grease the greasy areas on my head.