August 27, 2014 | 1819 users online

Styling Products - Oribe - Dry Texturizing Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by miracle467

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg it's the one product I can not live without. I panic if I'm close to being out or if I don't have the travel size one. This stuff is amazing and it works AND it smells amazing! I can go 5 days without washing my hair with this stuff and it does not weigh your hair down. I spray it in my roots to ends. Works best the following days after using the maxinista (sp).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Oribe dry texturizing spray. It's all volume and texture in my flat hair. A must have..

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by sparkle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Read a lot of great reviews on this product and decided to give it a try. It did do a good job of adding texture and volume to my hair. However, I just couldn't get past the smell. After using this product on my hair you couldn't even smell my perfume, all you could smell was this strong, unpleasant odor. I'm a perfume junkie and I quit using this product because I no longer smelled great. Seriously, I could smell this stuff until I washed my hair!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Be forewarned that I am an Oribe junkie so I'm completely biased. I love everything that this product does for my straight, coarse, thick hair. I spray it all over to give volume and texture, not to mention that the scent is AMAZINGGG. My hair is thick/heavy so I still need to tease my roots in order to maintain any kind of volume, but this acts as a great base before teasing.

I would say this acts like a hairspray without the stickiness and tackiness. Yes it does give your hair that grimy texture, but it's a texturizing spray, what do you expect! I also use this on days when I skip on shampooing, and this helps de-grease the greasy areas on my head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do not understand the negative feedback. This product is amazing. I have a shag and it is highlighted. I used this at my sister's home last night. OMG volume city. I am not sure about the price, but you wear your hair every day, so worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having read all the raves from seemingly everywhere on this product, I was eager to see what it would do to my kinda thin, very fine, oily, straight hair. I have the sort of hair that, if I do nothing to it, clings to my scalp, and my bangs tend to look pretty limp after a few hours.

I'll give the product this: it definitely gave my hair a lot of body and some volume. It looked loads better with this product than when I do nothing to my hair. However, within a few hours of application, my scalp would get really oily. Although I wouldn't lose any volume, my roots would get that piecey look of unwashed hair, even when it wasn't the case. In fact, I could only use this spray when I had washed my hair the night before; when I tried to use it as a dry shampoo, it only made my hair look, and feel, dirtier.

I'd give this a 2.5 stars, given the price and the fact that it didn't do for my hair type what it advertised. Still, since it didn't damage my hair, as many products have, I'll bump it up to a 3 as opposed to down to a 2.

Note: the scent is crazy strong the first time you use it-- so strong that it gave me a headache. It gets less pungent by the second spritz and is actually very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by mariyvette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not one for writing reviews but felt this product was worth the rave. I have long thick dark hair that gets oily and needs washing daily. I recently started using dry shampoo as the styling can take me 40 minutes a day and daily washings dried my hair out. Other dry shampoos either didn't work or left a whitish residue in my hair that felt terrible. Usually used them and threw my hair in a ponytail or bun. (Just so I wouldn't have to touch the weird residue) I went to a salon and the Oribe products were used. I loved the feel of my hair when I left and immediately searched products and reviews. This texturizer came up as a popular item so I decided to shell out more money than i usually do and got the travel size. I'm so glad I did. Gives my hair good oomph , sops up any oil, leaves great scent, and adds this choppy texture that breaks hair up. LOVE it. I also don't have to worry about weird residue or making sure I stay a foot away from my hair to avoid hard to remove white spots. Only downfall is price but worth it to save me two hours a week in extra styling and damage. Will buy full size

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If strong fragrances in your hair products aren't your thing then sail right on by this one. It's one of the most powerful scents I've ever come across in a product, and it lingers for at least an hour or so, masking everything else in its path. It eventually fades and leaves a hint of a fresh/non-descript hairspray/floral/bright/chemical type of scent behind but I can't get past it. It's not awful, just very strong. I'm sensitive to smells but even others noticed, which isn't something I want. Too bad because if it the fragrance was softer or in lighter doses I'd really love this. It does a great job adding volume and the kind of light memory hold for tousled waves or a more roughed up look. It doesn't strip my hair of shine like a lot of dry shampoos do or leave a white, powdery residue in the roots, though it does create a more matte appearance. It doesn't eradicate oily roots like a dry shampoo, so mostly I'd say this is good for adding grip and longevity to clean, flat hair, or for adding a little dryness and body to second day hair. I don't like going longer than two days without washing my hair because it's fine and long and tends to look lank or stringy if I try, but once I went three days using this and it looked fantastic still.

The nozzle is easy to grip and control the spray but it's an intense burst of product rather than a light mist that you get in a lot of aerosol sprays so the first time I used it I blasted one spot on my crown a few times and of course it left a weird, slightly tacky residue that no amount of brushing could disguise (which had me pulling it into a tight ponytail for the day since I didn't have time to wash it out and start fresh). For me the best way to use it is a quick spray in a circular motion around the top of my head, then flipping my hair over and spraying a light mist underneath. I rough it up and work it in with my fingers then just style it however. Lots of natural volume. Even after I sleep on it my hair holds its style well and still feels clean. But that smell!

I'm not a fan of dry shampoos because they often irritate my scalp and I dislike the lifeless cast they can leave behind, but I love the idea of them. So this being a kind of hybrid product really appealed to me. I hope I can find something similar because this is going back. I would recommend it though if you don't mind a noticeable scent in your hair.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The jury is still out for me on this spray. Overall, I like soft, (run your fingers thru it) hair and this product does the opposite. I think if you have very flat hair it may be helpful in creating a specific style, but it makes my hair course, dull and dirty feeling. It's like a mix of a powder and a wax. You can easily spray too much and have very dirty hair. I'll play with the spray a little more, but so far, I'd not by it again.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ugh. Whatever this is supposed to do, it does not. No matter how I spray it (wet hair, dry hair, lots, little, dirty hair, clean, spray near, spray far) I just get stiff, limp noodles of hair. I do not know what I am doing wrong. And given the smell of this, I don't care anymore. It smells incredibly cheap, like a particular corporation's air freshener, and the smell is potent and does not dissipate during the day. It got one lippie since it didn't make my scalp itch or break out.