July 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Fragrance - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The husband wears this when he wants to entice me into a bit of the old horizontal boogie.

When this stuff came out -- oh man -- all I can say is, "Sex Perfume". Bought some, put it on 'him indoors'. Had a fun week, after which he said, "Buy a tub full, because it's worth it!"

I'd classify this as a gourmand oriental. It has anise, a hint of floral (jasmine?), sandalwood, a dry, dark cocoa-bean, earthy patchouli and (maybe) even a tea note. It unfolds beautifully on my husband's skin. It's simultaneously warm and cool -- maybe that's the anise playing well with the woods and patch. It's not an aggressive power house like Antaeus, nor is it sugary-cool like the anise-loaded Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. I wear Antaeus and he wears LL, that's why I mentioned those two...plus they are so different. L'Instant smells as grounded as the Chanel but far less pushy -- and it's sweet but without the high-pitched (yet glorious) sweetness of the Menardo for LL.

It's...hard to pin down, in smell and emotion. It smells like my ideal man -- so of course it smells like a million bucks on my ideal man. It's not a pushy scent, just nice on the palate and a scent of substance, if that makes sense. Dry down and lasting power is terrific.

This is a class act by Guerlain. Complex, layered, a magnificent, smooth olfactory journey. I can't think of a situation where this wouldn't wow me.

When he wears this or either one of us wears Guerlain Vetiver pour homme, I'm reminded why this perfumery will always be in my top three.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I can't believe there's no reviews for this fragrance! So let me be the first! This is a truly unique, masculine fragrance for men.The freshness of citrus is complemented by originality of anise and jasmine in the top notes. The heart is warm and masculine: patchouli, cedar, Indian sandalwood, Lapsang tea, cocoa beans and lavender. The base unites hibiscus seeds and musk.