Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme

on 8/18/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this bad habit of associating fragrances with guys I've dated. Whether it's a fragrance I've given as a gift to one of them, or one I know they liked wearing, it always seems to be death knell for me. My last boyfriend raided this from my closet and wore it quite a bit. Predictably, things didn't work out, and this one started collecting dust in the back of my cupboard of fragrances.

Recently I revisited this one again. I have the EDP version as well, but this one seems more smoky and woody. It's masculine and well blended. A lot more complex than the new Guerlain L'Homme Ideal, which didn't impress me at all. If only this was promoted like that one is, I could get behind a well made scent that is suited for the masses. Maybe that is what makes this one special...and worth revisiting again.

The next time I'm dating someone, I'll definitely refrain from gifting any fragrances that I may end up feeling different about later!

on 12/29/2011 5:43:00 PM

The husband wears this when he wants to entice me into a bit of the old horizontal boogie.

When this stuff came out -- oh man -- all I can say is, "Sex Perfume". Bought some, put it on 'him indoors'. Had a fun week, after which he said, "Buy a tub full, because it's worth it!"

I'd classify this as a gourmand oriental. It has anise, a hint of floral (jasmine?), sandalwood, a dry, dark cocoa-bean, earthy patchouli and (maybe) even a tea note. It unfolds beautifully on my husband's skin. It's simultaneously warm and cool -- maybe that's the anise playing well with the woods and patch. It's not an aggressive power house like Antaeus, nor is it sugary-cool like the anise-loaded Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. I wear Antaeus and he wears LL, that's why I mentioned those two...plus they are so different. L'Instant smells as grounded as the Chanel but far less pushy -- and it's sweet but without the high-pitched (yet glorious) sweetness of the Menardo for LL.

It's...hard to pin down, in smell and emotion. It smells like my ideal man -- so of course it smells like a million bucks on my ideal man. It's not a pushy scent, just nice on the palate and a scent of substance, if that makes sense. Dry down and lasting power is terrific.

This is a class act by Guerlain. Complex, layered, a magnificent, smooth olfactory journey. I can't think of a situation where this wouldn't wow me.

When he wears this or either one of us wears Guerlain Vetiver pour homme, I'm reminded why this perfumery will always be in my top three.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe there's no reviews for this fragrance! So let me be the first! This is a truly unique, masculine fragrance for men.The freshness of citrus is complemented by originality of anise and jasmine in the top notes. The heart is warm and masculine: patchouli, cedar, Indian sandalwood, Lapsang tea, cocoa beans and lavender. The base unites hibiscus seeds and musk.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Polo Black