April 17, 2014 | 913 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Saaf Organic Foot Softening Balm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I disagree with the previous reviewer, because I have found it DOES absorb well and doesn't sit on top in a thick layer, unlike almost every other foot balm I've tried. I've tried ones recommended by a doctor, even, with stuff like urea and salicylic acid to slough away the dead skin. In my opinion SAAF's is one of the better ones.
I would be repurchasing only because the other good foot balm i've found is 1. not natural (harsh chemicals) 2. doesn't absorb well (thick occlusive layer--good or bad, depending on your preference) 3. difficult to find.

I really like this after a good soak and scrub. It gives that feeling of hydrating relief that my dry skin craves. This is really expensive iMO. However, I like this line, and from my reviews it may sound like I'm sponsored to praise it or something. Well, the 2 SAAF products I don't like (from what I've tried) are 1. face and body balm (not hydrating enough) 2. eraser body oil (stinky).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this. I bought it because it was supposed to have won an award and I read some good reviews about it. I confess I was naive enough to think that because it was so expensive it must be good - shame on me, I should know better!

It contains cocoa butter and beeswax (so far pretty normal) but also Olive Oil, Vitamin E, Black Seed Oil, Neem, Rosemary and Lemon Myrtle. This might account for why I find the scent so unpleasant. I can smell the lemon trying to come through, which is nice but it doesn't succeed in getting past all the rest which is far too herby for my liking. It really does smell like something you should be spreading on your salad, not on your feet!

I also don't find it terribly effective. It's ever so slightly greasy and doesn't seem to sink in very well - just sort of sits on top of the skin. Definitely not worth the 17.99 I paid for a rather small 35 gram jar. I have used much cheaper foot treatments that work much better (I shall revert to Caudalie next time)