Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Creme

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Deykuart A, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Citric Acid, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17

on 5/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have gone through countless bottles of this product. I have dry, curly and chemically treated hair, and this is one of the few that have ever worked for me. Some say it is far inferior to its oil counterpart, but I disagree. I have tried both Moroccanoil oil and this cream, and this one (for me at least) works just as well. There are many reasons I use this instead of the oil. One, it is a lot cheaper. Two, it comes in big packaging (I get the 500ml bottle). And three, the same amount of product covers a lot more hair when applying.

I apply this just after washing and before styling, but also for extra hydration at any other time, even on dry hair.

I knocked off a lippie, just because of the silicone content, the alcohol and the artifical colouring. I undertand that although alcohol and silicone can be damaging in the long run, they really help style and give it a healthier appearance in the short run. But I don't get the need for an artificial colouring.

In any case, I love this enough I will most probably repurchase as usual.

on 3/21/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a comparison of the Morocannoil Styling cream and the Macadamia Nut leave in cream. I love the Morocannoil one as doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all, smells like the Moroccanoil which I love. The Macadamia Leave-in Cream feels really sticky and smells a bit like a masculine fragrance. I have below the shoulder length hair and do one pump, rub my hands together and just rub it on from the ears down. It makes it look soft, shiny and conditioned well. Will always keep buying while they keep making this one.

on 3/16/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've had this for two years and it worked well in the salon but when I brought it home, I really didn't like it at first. It was too heavy.
My hair is thin or fine textured and usually in great condition but terribly beyond damaged nowadays. It's gone from silky to the texture of brillo due to bad chemical process and I don't want to cut it.
I started using this styling cream lately on the ends of my hair when it is wet and it works better than any combination of products that I've tried. The styling cream makes my hair look healthy. Plus since my hair is fine, I could probably skip conditioner and use this as a leave in on my ends.
The only thing is, I might have to replace my bottle since it's been sitting in my bathroom for two years... It has a new funny smell to it and there doesn't seem to be a way to close the pump dispenser.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Can't live without it!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let's start by saying I have thick coarse wavy hair, which tends to have dry ends and be very frizzy -If I let my hair dry naturally you would see the human form of Argentinian cartoon Mafalda. I got this after reading reviews from people with similar hair texture to mine raved about it, and been using it for a week now both with damp hair and dry hair.

On damp hair, I apply this, then some drops of MoroccanOil after -using the same logical thought I use for skincare: apply treatment/moisturizer and at the end lock moisture. One day I couldn't blow dry my hair after washing it at the gym, since I was in a hurry. I left with damp hair and I must say I was really impressed I wasn't getting Mafalda's hair, but nice wavy non frizzed hair... I almost felt I had Gisele Bundchen's waves.

It works really nice too on dry hair, I mostly apply on the ends -and also use the oil after. I really lets my hair feel soft and manageable between washes.

I'm really in love with this product and the combo. I'm taking one lippie off just because I have tons of hair so I will go through the bottle quite fast and it's a bit pricey.

on 11/30/2014 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry coloured hair and this really makes the end result of blow drying soft and manageable. It's pretty strongly scented (in my opinion) but I don't mind it.

on 5/13/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice product for color-treated/highlighted hair with dry ends. Very expensive, but it works well.

on 5/10/2014 11:26:00 AM

only thing that tames my incredibly frizzy hair. Normally i look like i have a portable pillow on my head but not with this. I think it works but on thick, frizzy coarse hair.

on 2/1/2014 6:31:00 PM

I have very fine, coloured, shoulder length hair which I try to air dry as much as possible. I use a dryer mostly on my bangs. I applied this to towel dried hair and I don't like that once my hair is dry I can feel the product in my hair. It's like it coats your hair but is not absorbed and I use a tiny amount. It also gives me static. In fact, the volumizing shampoo gives me major static also. The moisturizing (now Called Hydrating) does not. I wonder which ingredient in Moroccanoil products is the culprit. I will probably stick to using the light oil for styling and return this cream. It's too expensive.

on 1/17/2014 10:49:00 PM

I use this everyday. It replaced the trial size of the original moroccan oil i was given by my hairdresser (I loved that stuff too) but this is a bit more versatile. It protects my hair when i do use heat and i put it in even when i don't. It helps bring out my natural wave. I am trying to grow out my hair and this has a permanent spot on my counter. LOVE!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products