July 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Fragrances - Brecourt - Haram

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample, loved the notes and it did smell very much like Ambre Narguile so I ordered a bottle, can't wait, it will join all my other
wonderful fragrances, I really liked it and it lasted a long time for a small sample.

Haram

by Brecourt

Inspiration
My taste for the oriental culture inspired me in this scorching perfume whereby instinct cohabits with refinement. Haram forbids temptation. I wanted to give it as an accessory to the woman who is not afraid to liberate the erotic side of herself.

Creation
Patchouly from Indonesia asserts itself through the rarefied use of Cinnamon from Ceylon in a feminine composition. A date accord, a combination of balms (benjoin, ciste-labdanum) and tonka beans for addiction magnifies its femininity and transports us to a far away place that fascinates the collective, unconscious male population.

Notes:

RIYL:
Woody spiced-up oriental scents
fabulous and does smell like Hermes Ambre Narguile, love,love,love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by tessture

I got myrrh and spices right off, with a slightly fruity note that reminded me of Juicy Fruit gum. That passed to leave a warm, low key spice, warm-blanket comfortable, almost gourmand and clearly incense. I really liked this stage. Final dry down was a lovely powdery oriental incense that reminded me powerfully of Miller Harris Fleur Oriental. Wearing these side by side, I like Haram even better: It's warmer, less powdery and more of an incense wood scent, while still retaining all the warm, comfortable gentle aspects of Fleur Oriental. I agree with debrsl: Must seek out a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Extremely similar to Ambre Narguile...ambery apple pie. Notes per Indiescents: Cinnamon, bergamot, date, cedarwood, patchouli, tobacco, labdanum, benzoin, vanilla, tonka bean, musk. Love it and must get a bottle; at this price, it is a steal. I even think the longevity on it is better than Ambre Narguile.