July 29, 2014 | 1577 users online

Cleansers - Avon - Solution Vibes Power Cleanser

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this was intended to be Avon's answer to the sonic face cleansing tools out there (like Clarisonic, for example), but it falls short in many ways.

First, it doesn't have a brush head. It uses a cleansing pad which adheres to the unit via velcro-like action. The unit itself is about 4 inches tall and the pad surface is about 2 inches in diameter. It vibrates, much like those sonic tooth brushes do. It comes with a jar of 14 pads and one replacement velcro-like adhesive. The regular price for the unit and initial jar of pads is $20 CDN, but I got it on a sale for $14.99 which wasn't a bad price to try it out. Refill pads are $10 for a jar (14 pads in a jar).

Second, it is disappointing that the pads are already pre-soaked in a cleanser. The product description didn't mention this and I mistakenly thought I could use my own cleanser with this. You cannot, though. That alone would have me not buying this again. The cleanser in the pads was very drying on my skin. I think it is formulated for oily skin, so if you have oily skin this might work great for you, but it was not good for my dry-combo skin at all.

It claims to get skin 5 times cleaner than normal hand cleansing. I think this is probably true or close to true. My skin was definitely very clean and it got off all traces of my full make-up all four times I used it. It doesn't offer any kind of exfoliation, but it doesn't claim to either, so that's no knock against.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again mostly because of the cleanser in the pre-soaked pads. After trying this, I broke down and bought a Clarisonic Mia, which does a far better job, but it is also far more expensive. For the money, if you have oily or oily-combo skin, this might be worth a try. Otherwise, I'd say to pass on it.