Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 4 (Amino-Peptide), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract (Grape), Allantoin, PEG 100 Stearate, Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 3/9/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone skin. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV.

I always thought that Retin-A alone would suffice to do all the exfoliation, but I recently learned that it doesn't do exfoliation like AHA is supposed to, so I want to incorporate AHA back in.

I feel slight tingling upon application for the first few times but I no longer experience it. The gel is very lightweight and pretty hydrating for my skin, even used alone. I always wake up with plump, bright, hydrated skin when I use it at night. It also helps to smooth away the bumps I got from the Olay Age Defying Toner. I haven't used it long enough to see if it helps with fading hyperpigmentation.

I like the sleek pump bottle, but I do wish the bottle is more opaque.

It doesn't aggravate my SD or clog my skin. I will keep using and repurchasing.

on 3/2/2015 2:33:00 AM

Pros: Gentle, lightly moisturizing glycolic acid (AHA) exfoliant.

Cons: See-through packaging, which can cause the ingredients to break down more quickly. Slightly sticky texture. There are also products that are stronger and in more stable packaging, yet are less expensive.

Unfortunately, there aren't many good options for a more gentle AHA, which is why I still use this one.

I use this as my nightly exfoliant, and I use Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA Souffle once a week.

This product claims that it can be used in place of a moisturizer, but this will only be true for those with oily skin. For everyone else, let it dry completely, then apply moisturizer over it.

This works well, and I'm happy with it, but if Alpha Hydrox made a product with around 5% to 8% AHA in a texture I liked, I would switch brands due to the price and packaging.

on 2/17/2015 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's my favorite exfoliating serum for my annoyingly sensitive skin. I wake up glowing and happy. A great intro to glycolic acid for anyone just dipping their toe into anti-aging. I swear it helps my acne too... the same way an AHA cream product would.

GREAT JOB OLAY. You're on to something.

on 1/19/2015 9:43:00 AM

Nice addition to my nighttime skincare routine. I use it after the Kiehl's Ultimate Tonic and prior to my LA Prairie anti-aging night cream, after I've given it 30min to sink in. I don't use this product on its own since I find it not hydrating enough, although that might change in high summer. The texture is like a gel, very light and refreshing. I've had no allergic reactions. I don't actually have any lines or wrinkles, so I can't vouch for its resurfacing capabilities. However I'd like to think it does its bit in keeping my skin smooth and glowing. Will buy again when run out.

on 12/23/2014 12:02:00 AM

This is the only product I actually stock up on, it's incredebly effective at what it does. Mild and gentle exfoliant for your skin, in my case extremely sensitive and acnegetic skin. I apply it at night and sometimes during the day when I'm not wearing any makeup around the house. In the morning skin is smoother and clearer and it helps w blemish mark fading.
It is not a miracle product and it won't make your lines disappear. I'm afraid only retinol and Botox can do that. This is a staple for me and I hope they never stop making it. Be sure to wear a good sunscreen if you're using this. My choice is babyganics spf 50 mineral sunscreen incredeble makeup base and all day matttefinig effect. It's made w zinc oxide which is amazing for acnegetic skin.

on 11/23/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this for a month, long enough, I think, to provide a review. The texture is gel-like and is applied to clear skin. The packaging says no moisturizer is required but my comination skin was dehydrated after a couple weeks. Forehead lines which were mere hints previously began to show so I cut back from nightly to every other night and applied a night cream 20 minutes after application. From the first week my pores have been clearer and the fine bumps in my under eye area have completely vanished for the first time. I haven't noticed a dimishing of discoloration or my pores being smaller but I'm sure it takes longer than a month for those kinds of miracles. I recommend this as an easy overnight exfoliation. My skin looks brighter, is smoother and makeup application is easier. The price is extremely reasonable considering the cost of similar products under other cosmetic brands. I'm thrilled to have found something without parabens which can be picked up in Bed Bath and Beyond or a discount drugstore.

on 9/11/2014 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this. For a drugstore aha it's great. I love PC but like having an option at Target that I pick up in a pinch. I'd say it's good for dry skin because that's what I have. Doesn't irritate, mild stinging, just kind of brightens up my skin for a little glow. I wish it came in an opaque bottle but I love the pump.

on 8/26/2014 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I initially expressed great optimism about this product as I've been told it could work for my skin, but I seriously didn't see one glimpse of a change, didn't feel any smoother when I put my hands against by cheeks, and my wrinkles and frown lines were still quite visible. I certainly don't think I look any younger as a result of using it, so a lot of money for not much really.

on 8/26/2014 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Waste of money. There are much better products that deliver better results than this one.
This was a dud and waste of time and money.

on 8/8/2014 7:46:00 AM

Ok. I am still deciding myself about this product. They say that in one week, I will see significant changes..it has been one week and I haven't notice any major differences in my face. Although it has only been a week since so let me update you guys in another week or so. We'll see. I know it has some really good ingredients esp. the AHA..and I know these things are not instant, it takes time. And I am actually willing to give that seeing that I trust this brand and plus I still have the rest of the bottle to see some actual results.
But regarding the consistency, I heard that it could be sticky or tacky or whatever and I was really expecting that upon my first touch but it really isn't. It goes on smoothly and a little goes a long way. And I love that it is a pump style that you control how much or little you want and you could even lock it.

Popular Treatments (Face)