Milani Baked Blush - Berry Amore 03

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 1/2/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, I've tried four of the Milani baked blushes at this point. A brief run down of my thoughts on the others...
Dolce Pink - A bit too powdery, I find the gold in it seems to flake off when I put my brush in it, but layered with another product it gives a nice flush.
Luminoso - Quite nice, better texture than dolce pink, wear it most in the summertime, layer it with other products.
Delizioso Pink - Nice and matte, very bright, colour and finish was nice, stopped using it just because it took too much precision to not overdo the product.

Berry Amore, though, I bought on a whim, unnecessarily, just looking for more of a berry colour, finding my other blushes just not fitting in during the winter - Too bronze, too peach, just not what I am feeling. I hoped that this would be mauve or berry coloured - And in the pan it looks like the berry the name suggests, with a gold threading in it, as well. The texture is nice, smooth like the other blushes (aside from dolce pink), but the colour pulls horribly, surprisingly ruddy/orange on me? I don't see any of the berry colour that I was hoping for, I can't make sense of the colour it ends up being - Maybe a combination of the dark berry + the gold veining just ends up this ruddy orange colour. Quite disappointed with the colour payoff on me - It might be flattering on someone else. The pigmentation is wonderful, as good as the matte blush I tried, and it is easy to go heavy-handed with this, too. I can't seem to manage a flattering application of it. I'm likely not finished trying these Milani blushes, however, and might dive into the bella rosa colour next. Just had to share my surprise over the shade this blush ends up as.

on 11/15/2014 5:38:00 PM

This blush is a powerhouse disguised as a drugstore product! I love to wear blush a little heavy, and this blush really packs a punch in pigmentation. I only need one light swipe for each cheek so I'm sure this product is going to last me a while. It's a great bright pink with orange/peach undertones and is pretty long lasting. The packaging is a little thick for blush, since they include a brush tucked underneath, but it still fits easily in my makeup storage. I wear this blush almost everyday, even over the high(er) end I own. It is definitely not a matte product, though, so if you don't like sparkle, I'd avoid it.

on 5/27/2014 4:05:00 PM

I picked up Berry Amore along with Luminoso and prefer Berry Amore over Luminoso for everyday wear. Luminoso is too peachy golden for my taste while Berry Amore is definitely a rosy pink that decidedly looks good on my skin tone. There are shimmers, but rather than the Edward Cullen glittering effect, you get beautiful glowing heathy cheeks. I have gotten to be careful about the application since the pigmentation is outta the park. Thank goodness the powder is so blendable the blush can be easily blend/ buff away. On my oily skin, this last a good full day atop my foundation and primer. Definitely a good buy!

Holy Crap. I bought this blush today and swatched it on my hand and it was a perfect, really really pigmented and smooth color. It's a beautiful dark pink/berry color and it looks so great on my NC25 skin. The glitter in it gives your cheeks a tiny glow so you could skip out on the highlighter if you want! Lovely blush I was really surprised by how pigmented it was. Highly recommend. One thing that I'm not a huge fan of is the packaging; it's slightly bulky since it has a small, kinda useless brush at the bottom. But otherwise, great product!!

on 1/27/2014 3:00:00 AM

I bought this blush with luminoso from Fred Myers for $8 US because we don't have Milani here in Canada.
I like the packaging because of the mirror and mini brush it came with (convenient if I'm in the go) but I think I prefer the luminoso over this. Berry amore is a dusky deep plum colour that somehow makes my face look less lively than the peachy/ coral luminoso blush (I'm an NC30 btw). On the plus side, it's pigmented and you don't have to use much to get some colours to your cheeks. I think this colour is great for winter when your complexion is naturally more pale, but I think luminoso make you look more radiant.
I'm gonna give this product a 3.5/5 lippies.

on 1/5/2014 11:38:00 AM

I read rave reviews about this blush. was disappointed, so shiny, so much glitter in it. its pigmented thou so its pretty cheap for what you get. but I wasn't impressed

on 12/9/2013 11:58:00 AM

I have to write a revie of this blush, after years to try to find the perfect color for me, decide to give this a try after read a review in some blog, and Boom! amazing sexy flush of color comes from the package, a little goes long away., the color is perfect on my medium olive skin, not too pink, not too peach, even not berry is like heaven on my cheeks, I'm so happy to choose this color, before this I try Rose de Oro from the same line and was super good too but this( berry amore) is much better for my daily work rutine, Rose is more for summer!
Do not be swayed by the color at first time, look little bit dark and off, but when you put it on you going to be a beautiful dark rose/berry full of life! You have to try it, and for the price is like heaven!

on 11/24/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this blush. The color doesn't seem quite "berry" to me, but it's still a beautiful color, kinda peachy. It has a really natural look to it, and it gives me a nice sexy flush. Considering that it's drugstore brand, this blush is really good. There's no need to get something pricier when this gem is under $10.

on 11/18/2013 8:47:00 AM

A little goes a looooong way. I have ivory skin and use this just when I want a sun kissed look. Actually, I use this shade more like a bronzer. It isn't my "go to" every day color but it works when I need something a bit darker.

on 11/17/2013 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I picked up this and luminoso recently. Berry Amore is a great colour for winter, it's a deep rosy red with gold. It is SUPER pigmented, so be careful. It is very easy to go overboard. Plus side is, it will last forever as you barely need to touch your brush to it! It is also very shimmery! All in all a great colour, I can't wait to use this around Christmas time :D.

Top Rated Milani Products