September 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I've been wearing this eyeliner for 3 years now and it's still my favorite from all the other high end liners I've tried. I only wear this in my waterline and it literally stays on all day. I don't wear this on my lid bc I normally do a winged liner so liquid or gel is best for that. But if you want a liner that last on your waterline all day, I highly recommend the le stylo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FirstCircle

One of the staples in my makeup bag is eyeliner. Being Asian I usually wear a brown, smokey eye on an everyday basis to create the illusion of wider eyes. Thus over the years I've been fortunate (and unfortunate) enough to experiment with a lot of different eyeliners. Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner would be in the middle of the pack.

Pros:
- A very true, rich black.
- Draws on smoothly with very little tug.
- Blends very well.
- Has a smudger on the other side that helps create smokey eyes.
- I've rarely experienced any small breaks in the kohl that can result in large pieces getting stuck to my eyelid (annoying more than anything, and wasteful).

Cons:
- Very expensive for mediocre performance.
- Expect a bit of a racoon eye at the end of the day.
- Colour fades after a few hours.
- Cheap packaging.

I understand that there are different kinds of eyeliners for different purposes. Gels and liquid eyeliners are more for cat-eyes and very solid, clean lines. Pencil is better for subtly. Kohl is usually meant for a darker, night time look because of its beautiful ability to smudge. But I just couldn't justify the price tag (around $30 CAN I believe) when the colour fades and transfers after a fairly easy day at work and school.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am always searching for a good eyeliner that will actually stay on since I have heavy eyelids and oily skin. Some products will stay on my eyes in the winter, but as soon as the hot, humid weather arrives down in GA I rarely have luck with anything.

I bought this on the recommendation of a counter girl at my local Belk who swore I would never use anything else and that this stuff would literally have to be scrubbed off because it had so much staying power.

I *really* hoped this stuff would live up to the hype, but alas I was severely disappointed. Below is an outline of the pros and cons...

Pros:
-great, dark kohl-like color. a true black
-loved the sponge end for smudging
-great packaging that didn't require sharpening

Cons:
-Lasted maybe 3 or 4 hours before it was almost completely gone (this was even after I used it over a primer and tried adding shadow both under and over it)

I will say that it stayed on my eyes best than most pencil eyeliners, but this product still doesn't hold a candle to gel or liquid liners with regards to staying power. I definitely wouldn't label this stuff long lasting much less waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! I think its a very soft, blendable long lasting eyeliner. I HATE it when people rate eyeliners because they "dont last on the waterline" ....people, pencil eyeliners WILL NEVER WORK ON THE WATERLINE!!!! Thats not how they should be used!! This eyeliner is meant for the lash line and if used correctly it works fantastic. I apply it in my lower lash line and on my upper lash line and gently blend it with the little spongey tip and it looks amazing, very soft. It doesnt smudge on me at all afer all day either!

I think my favorite eyeliners so far are this one and the khol eyeliner pencil (it also has a smudgy tip sponge on it) from victoria's secret. I like this one by lancome slightly more since its mechanical I never have to sharpen it, it always has a nice fine point.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by alphagam17

Pros: Great for a natural eye. Adds a subtle pop. Applies easily. Great for daywear. Work appropriate. Doesn't need to be sharpened (twists and is a good thickness)

Cons: Not so great on the waterline (doesn't take), doesn't twist down, and smudge applicator is useless (although I find them all useless). A bit pricy for what it is, but I like having it in my arsenal, and it lasts awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at the recommendation of an SA as I don't normally buy Lancome. Straight away the sponge end is completely useless. The liner itself has decent pigmentation but it drags as you apply...now I like to be gentle on my eyes but even after sharpening it stills drags. On the plus side it does seem to "set", and the only way to describe it is as sticky which I don't enjoy at all!...it won't go to waste as will use it off a brush on the back of my hand for more subtle looks, but am overall very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly I was expecting more. Considering the price, it should last more on the waterline. I would buy it again only because it's not irritating my eyes at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Frenchycoco

I was told it was waterproof and would not smudge but it did after a few hours. It was as though I hadn't put any make up on. I thought I would be paying for quality but it was just a let down. I will never purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Ayakochan

Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner has been a severe let down. I purchased this because I was looking for an easy to use and long-lasting waterproof eyeliner as its name suggests. Not only did it smudge almost immediately after I applied, it was not even waterproof.
Just to be sure, I applied a few lines onto my hand and ran it under water. Immediately it started to wash off without any additional help. Under the water, I rubbed it gently once and it was all gone. I definitely do not think it could ever even hope to last considering how oily my lids can get throughout the day.
As of now, I have used almost all of the eyeliner because there isn't that much product in the tube. Needless to say, it is expensive for what you get. I have had non-waterproof drug store pencil liners that lasted longer on my eyelids.
It is impossible to use for your undereye/waterline because it smudges very badly.
Overall, the product had a good texture and the roll up packaging was nice and hygienic but other than that I cannot say anything positive about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try before buying since it is expensive for an eyeliner. I was going to purchase if it was long lasting as the name implies. I did not like the consistency when applying. Worst of all, it lasted about 2 hours while I was in air conditioner all the time and I applied it not in the waterline but as a regular eyeliner. Definetely, won't purchase.