November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Simbalady123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best eyeliner out there in my opinion

Goes on lovely, it takes a few strokes to build up the colour if you like it insanely black like myself.
But it lasts all day! No running into corners or smudging!
From when I apply it at 8am to 7pm
Just brilliant!
It's very good for sensitive eyes aswell. No irritation at all.
Bit pricey but well worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this in Amethyst because I'm a sucker for purples, and thought this was a nice Fall shade. I tried it on my hand and was like wow this is beautiful I can't wait to use it. So I have this and I figured I'd just use the Fergie Primer that is kinda a dupe for Sin. So I use that for luminosity. I start to apply this and it's not as dark as when I swatched it on my hand?!? So I'm thinking it just needs some more layers. Nope still not that vibrant amethyst! I have tried this with different primers too same low pigmentation. Is the colour still pretty absolutely, but it's not as vibrant as I would like it to be.

My lids always usually get oily and it makes my liner transfer. I don't have that problem with this liner. So that's a total plus! Also I do not use this on my waterline and do not think this is a good liner for that. This is more for the lash lines and to smudge it out a bit. It does do that and the shade looks nice with my green eyes. It lasts maybe 6 hours maybe more but I always carry my mu bag. Hey I'm a true makeup lover so I can touch up if I need to but I haven't needed to do that, I also like that no sharpener is needed that's a plus in my book.:)

So I give this 4 lippies because the shade swatched does not transfer the same on my eyes. That's ok because it's still a good liner and I do like it and use it. It is something that I'm glad I have in my arsenal but it's not a nessecity by any means. I don't think it's fair to rate this low because it didn't stay on the waterline because that's what a kohl liner is for. So if you're looking for that this is not it. If you like to enhance your eyes with a little smudging this looks really good IMO. I would buy other shades and I smudge with my finger but I will try and make use of that smudger;) Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by tdhx0

I've been wearing this eyeliner for 3 years now and it's still my favorite from all the other high end liners I've tried. I only wear this in my waterline and it literally stays on all day. I don't wear this on my lid bc I normally do a winged liner so liquid or gel is best for that. But if you want a liner that last on your waterline all day, I highly recommend the le stylo.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FirstCircle

One of the staples in my makeup bag is eyeliner. Being Asian I usually wear a brown, smokey eye on an everyday basis to create the illusion of wider eyes. Thus over the years I've been fortunate (and unfortunate) enough to experiment with a lot of different eyeliners. Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof eyeliner would be in the middle of the pack.

Pros:
- A very true, rich black.
- Draws on smoothly with very little tug.
- Blends very well.
- Has a smudger on the other side that helps create smokey eyes.
- I've rarely experienced any small breaks in the kohl that can result in large pieces getting stuck to my eyelid (annoying more than anything, and wasteful).

Cons:
- Very expensive for mediocre performance.
- Expect a bit of a racoon eye at the end of the day.
- Colour fades after a few hours.
- Cheap packaging.

I understand that there are different kinds of eyeliners for different purposes. Gels and liquid eyeliners are more for cat-eyes and very solid, clean lines. Pencil is better for subtly. Kohl is usually meant for a darker, night time look because of its beautiful ability to smudge. But I just couldn't justify the price tag (around $30 CAN I believe) when the colour fades and transfers after a fairly easy day at work and school.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am always searching for a good eyeliner that will actually stay on since I have heavy eyelids and oily skin. Some products will stay on my eyes in the winter, but as soon as the hot, humid weather arrives down in GA I rarely have luck with anything.

I bought this on the recommendation of a counter girl at my local Belk who swore I would never use anything else and that this stuff would literally have to be scrubbed off because it had so much staying power.

I *really* hoped this stuff would live up to the hype, but alas I was severely disappointed. Below is an outline of the pros and cons...

Pros:
-great, dark kohl-like color. a true black
-loved the sponge end for smudging
-great packaging that didn't require sharpening

Cons:
-Lasted maybe 3 or 4 hours before it was almost completely gone (this was even after I used it over a primer and tried adding shadow both under and over it)

I will say that it stayed on my eyes best than most pencil eyeliners, but this product still doesn't hold a candle to gel or liquid liners with regards to staying power. I definitely wouldn't label this stuff long lasting much less waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner! I think its a very soft, blendable long lasting eyeliner. I HATE it when people rate eyeliners because they "dont last on the waterline" ....people, pencil eyeliners WILL NEVER WORK ON THE WATERLINE!!!! Thats not how they should be used!! This eyeliner is meant for the lash line and if used correctly it works fantastic. I apply it in my lower lash line and on my upper lash line and gently blend it with the little spongey tip and it looks amazing, very soft. It doesnt smudge on me at all afer all day either!

I think my favorite eyeliners so far are this one and the khol eyeliner pencil (it also has a smudgy tip sponge on it) from victoria's secret. I like this one by lancome slightly more since its mechanical I never have to sharpen it, it always has a nice fine point.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by alphagam17

Pros: Great for a natural eye. Adds a subtle pop. Applies easily. Great for daywear. Work appropriate. Doesn't need to be sharpened (twists and is a good thickness)

Cons: Not so great on the waterline (doesn't take), doesn't twist down, and smudge applicator is useless (although I find them all useless). A bit pricy for what it is, but I like having it in my arsenal, and it lasts awhile.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at the recommendation of an SA as I don't normally buy Lancome. Straight away the sponge end is completely useless. The liner itself has decent pigmentation but it drags as you apply...now I like to be gentle on my eyes but even after sharpening it stills drags. On the plus side it does seem to "set", and the only way to describe it is as sticky which I don't enjoy at all!...it won't go to waste as will use it off a brush on the back of my hand for more subtle looks, but am overall very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Truly I was expecting more. Considering the price, it should last more on the waterline. I would buy it again only because it's not irritating my eyes at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Frenchycoco

I was told it was waterproof and would not smudge but it did after a few hours. It was as though I hadn't put any make up on. I thought I would be paying for quality but it was just a let down. I will never purchase again.