October 21, 2014 | 922 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely beautiful product.

I'm NC30, using 03 Brunette. The lightest quad almost matches my skintone. The texture is not powdery, looks very skin like, very natural. I would say this is worth buying for mature ladies. I love the flexiblity of being able to customize how dark i want it to be.

The packaging is gorgeous, i don't think i need to go further. The only thing i did not like is the strong old lady fragrance. Ughhh... i can't stand the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I thought this bronzer was Just Okay, and Just Okay won't cut it with a $76 price tag. Staying power is average at best. I didn't think the Brunettes 02 color was anything special on my NC30 skin. I'll stick with Nars Laguna (which never fails me) or Bobbi Brown.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Adrianna281

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. This is sooooo pricey but the product is poorly pigmented. I have to swirl my brush around 5-6 times before I get that nice sculpted cheekbones. This sucks. Never gonna buy this again, it also irritates the skin because of the heavy fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought this in a rush in Nude color. I have a fair skin and light hair.. I do not tan, so I was worried that if I have selected any other shade it would make my face look darker compared to the rest of my body. Well, this one is definitely very light. I almost wish it was more bronze, as I can barely see bronzing effect even after a number of applications.
When I grabbed it at the store, I did not check the price and was a little shocked after I saw how much it was :( It is honestly way too much to pay almost $100 for any bronzer/blush/powder even in luxury brands. It doesn't even include a brush for this price!!! So overall, I will not be buying Guerlain bronzers again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Guerlain 4 seasons bronzers now comes in 6 different shades:

-nude 00: a pale shade that includes a pink blush. This shade was apparently created with fair skin Asian ladies in mind, where obvious tanning is not popular.

-natural blondes 02: a light pink tone shade with very little contrast between the four shades. (I don't get this one, why buy the more expensive 4 seasons, if most of the shades swatches the same).

-Natural brunettes 03: A soft yellow tone bronzer

-Moyen blondes 04: a darker more contrasted version of natural blondes (former 01)

-Moyen brunettes 05: a darker more contrasted version of of natural brunettes (former 02)

-Ebony 06: this one also contains a blush shade, this time bright red, and is for deeper skin tones.

If your skin is yellow tone and you pick up one of the two pink shades you will look orange. Yellow + pink = orange. Same thing if you are very pink and pick up one of the yellow bronzers.

I'm about an NC15 and I picked up the shade 03 natural brunettes and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is smooth and feels buttery. I've seen some women use this as a contour and it looked horrible. Bronzers are made to add warmth and this one is definitely quite warm. To contour you need a cooler shade.

The shades are contrasted enough to use them separately. I use this with quite a dense brush, because the bronzer is very buildable . I use the darker shade where the sun hits first and the paler shades lower. The effect is soft enough to be able to use this very lightly all over with a soft brush, but the best way to use it is on the high points of the face.

This blush is definitely expensive, but if you can afford it is very beautiful. It looks satiny on the skin and it doesn't look flat like some bronzers can (hello hoola!).

I took off one lippie because of the heavy fragrance and the fact that the darker shades hardened a bit on the surface.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this bronzer. I bought shade 00 (nude). It is a dream to apply. I thought it may be too light but it is very buildable and I like the pink tinge to it when you swirl all the sections . I think the packaging is sturdy and pleasing to the eye. I think this is a great bronzer for use all year round. It is very expensive but it has not disappointed so far . Will definitely buy again now I'm hooked !

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have golden hues in my skin and am a brunette and chose the wrong color, Moyen Blondes (which btw is very red/orange). However, even if I had chosen the correct one, this bronzer just irritated the hell out of my super sensitive skin and made me itchy. It's very heavily fragranced, and while the fragrance itself didn't bother me, my skin was definitely unhappy to find a red rash all over it, esp. with a $75 bronzer. I ended up swapping it with the original Guerlain Terracotta bronzer in 03, which totally looked like it was my perfect color. However, that one was very ORANGE and caused the same irritation on my face. Guerlain really needs to rid their products of the awfully strong fragrance. Two stars for the fact that this bronzer is incredibly soft, smoothes out the complexion, has incredible depth, and does not look blotchy. I hate to mess up the incredible ratings, but everyone's experience is different, and I'm glad so many people are loving this bronzer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG BRONZER!! Love how i can use this same bronzer all year round due to the four shades!! Beautiful texture on the skin and such natural sunkissed MATTE colours which i love! Pricey but worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore the Guerlain brand and was lusting after this bronzer months before I got it, so I had quite high expectations when I finally did. However, I wasn't enamored by this product like I thought I'd be once I got it, much to my disappointment. First off, the packaging and bronzer are beautiful, but my one complaint about the packaging is that it's difficult for me to open. I have short fingernails, and the way that it's designed forces me to find another object to slip between the magnetic closure to open it, which is quite the nuisance. Second, it may just be that I have a yellow undertone, but the quad overall seems to be very red. This is not a positive for me because I prefer my bronzers to have more of a grey/brown look rather than red which makes it look much more unnatural. Overall, I think this bronzer is alright, but definitely not worth the $75.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by meeeeeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used alot of bronzers but this is the best bronzer that I ever used..
It has such a great color payoff, velvety texture, blends like a dream and you can customize the shade by blending the 4 shades you have, so this can be used in all seasons + it's matte which is my favorite finish for bronzers.. I like to use shimmery products are for highlighting not bronzing.

I have been using it for year and a half on a daily basis and I still didn't hit pan!

LOVE IT