April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Bronzers - Guerlain - Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG BRONZER!! Love how i can use this same bronzer all year round due to the four shades!! Beautiful texture on the skin and such natural sunkissed MATTE colours which i love! Pricey but worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore the Guerlain brand and was lusting after this bronzer months before I got it, so I had quite high expectations when I finally did. However, I wasn't enamored by this product like I thought I'd be once I got it, much to my disappointment. First off, the packaging and bronzer are beautiful, but my one complaint about the packaging is that it's difficult for me to open. I have short fingernails, and the way that it's designed forces me to find another object to slip between the magnetic closure to open it, which is quite the nuisance. Second, it may just be that I have a yellow undertone, but the quad overall seems to be very red. This is not a positive for me because I prefer my bronzers to have more of a grey/brown look rather than red which makes it look much more unnatural. Overall, I think this bronzer is alright, but definitely not worth the $75.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by meeeeeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used alot of bronzers but this is the best bronzer that I ever used..
It has such a great color payoff, velvety texture, blends like a dream and you can customize the shade by blending the 4 shades you have, so this can be used in all seasons + it's matte which is my favorite finish for bronzers.. I like to use shimmery products are for highlighting not bronzing.

I have been using it for year and a half on a daily basis and I still didn't hit pan!

LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the Medium Brunettes and Natural Blondes, and love both. I have to be very light handed with the brunettes, but used lightly it gives a gorgeous healthy colour. The Blondes is more subtle, very natural colour on me. The brunettes looks a little more tanned, the blondes sunkissed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Karomssn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture is amazing - it's creamy, silky and looks really posh compared to most other bronzers. And you definitely don't need much, I've used my bronzer for months now and you can barely tell the product has been used. To be honest it is way too expensive (can any bronzer really be worth this much money?) but the quality is great. My only complaint is about the shade: I was surprised to see that it looks a little bit orange/red on my skin, cause it certainly doesn't in the package. I think my next bronzer will be Hoola again, but this was definitely a nice experiment.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

I have shade 3 and while it's beautiful, after using it for a couple of months I'm getting tiny dark hard oily spots on the powder. I keep my brushes pretty clean and I have never had this happen before with another powder. This is way too $$ for that. I actually prefer the lower end guerlain terracotta bronzers. This might go back to the store since I hoard the boxes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by mararia

Two words come to mind when reviewing this bronzer: expensive and amazing!! That´s about it, you pay a lot of money but you get an amazing product that offers amazing results.

The quality of the powder is superb, sooo creamy and buttery, no powder effect at all. It sinks in your skin and all you can see is the effect but not the product itself and that´s what I am looking for. The duration is quite good, but I haven´t tested it for so many hours.... so I have not had opportunity to test it for more than 5-6 hours.

Overall I love this product. Yes, it is expensive but it is also luxurious, very good quality and you can use it all year long. I would, definitely, recommend it and will for sure repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by hana86

I bought this on the internet for about $65 AU, which isn't too bad considering how much it really costs at department stores. I have this in 02 for brunettes and use it mostly for contouring and sometimes as a bronzer in summer. I particularly love this as a contouring bronzer, because it contains four different tones of brown which can be mixed or used individually to sculpt your face. Without using this product, my face looks flat, pale and dull. But When I contour my face with this and MAC 168 brush around my cheek bones, temples and forehead, WOW I look like I have a smaller face!! or should I say it makes my face look three dimensional ~!!! I wish I'd discovered this product earlier.. it really makes you look like a million bucks and gives you a subtle luminous glow..* although it's a matt power (I think the house of Guerlain is just an expert at making powders etc). I really recommend it if you want to invest in a high quality, customisable bronzer! I'm sure it'll last for about 2-3 years! for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

This is a fortune, any way you slice it. In no universe is any powder "worth" $75. But, I was feeling decadent, so I purchased Natural Brunettes 03 for my light tan neutral NC30/C4 Asian combo complexion. The texture is incredible, velvety soft with no powdery finish. Pores are somehow minimized and the skin is smoothed. I swirl all 4 colors w/ a big fluffy brush to skim my face perimeter and hollows to add dimension. Then I use the 2 darkest colors w/a dense blush brush for the tops of my cheeks for a flushed look. It really is one of those, “What did she do differently” products where a sweep here and there just adds up to healthy glowing skin. There is NO mica, no shimmer, no iridescence. It’s just the quality of the powder that really enhances your skin without any shimmery gimmicks. Compact is beautiful too, heavy and rich feeling. It is an all-around luxurious gorgeous product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for last year's shade 02 Brunettes, currently sold as shade 05 Moyen Brunettes.
I was ambling through my local department store one lunchtime last week and saw the 02 palette on sale at half price. That's right - half price! There was no Guerlain SA on duty and I couldn't match the product to the testers on display (this year Guerlain have 6 palettes in this range instead of last year's 2) Another SA who didn't know the range opened up the palette for me to take a look and so I bought it "blind" without trying it out.
And so glad I did! I'm BB Warm Natural/MAC 40-42, darker in summer, and I like to use bronzer to add some lift and glow without looking as "done" as blush. This palette is perfect. The shades are completely matte in the palette and it's only when you look very closely at your face in natural light that you can see the most subtle gold shimmer. This is itself shows that you get what you pay for - there's none of that very obvious shimmer and glitter which I personally find quite off-putting in a bronzer.
I would caution that you need to use a very light touch - this is a very concentrated and pigmented product so it might take a few applications to get it right. The first time I used it I was too heavy handed and it turned slightly orange on me. The texture is quite unusual - it's a very creamy powder which doesn't leave any loose flecks behind when you've swiped the brush over it, so there is no waste or mess. I found that it lasts all day if you top it with a fine dusting of loose powder.
At the moment I am very lightly swirling the brush over all four shades in the palette but I am looking forward to trying different permutations of the shades as my complexion changes through the year. These shades would also be ideal as daytime eye colours (I've used the darkest across the lid and it looks great). With four shades you are bound to find the combination which suits you.
The packaging is utterly luxurious, as would be expected from Guerlain. A gorgeous heavy compact in a matching velvet pouch with a decent sized mirror.
Worth every penny, and a pleasure to use.