November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Lipstick - Forever Frappe 814

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Indeed a dupe of MAC modesty sans the shine factor - very matte and a tad tacky feeling makes me stress about getting it stuck on my teeth a little but so far so good. Very long lasting a bit more like the old Revlon Colorstays from the late 90s. A great mauve tinted nude think this would work for alot of different skintones. not a fan of the packaging cap continually falls off.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by hanabi318

This lipstick isn't flattering by itself. The color pulls more warm on me, feels tacky, and the finish looks dry. If I use a pale pink tinted lip conditioner (MAC feeling good) under this lipstick and use my finger to smooth out the lipstick, it looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

DUPE ALERT: This is MAC's modesty if you apply it with a light hand. Its actually more pigmented then MAC so it may appear darker if you coat it. Lovely creamy texture and staying power!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Irishgal50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick as my everyday MLBB. I am a true neutral complexion, usually the last/darkest shade in the light section of foundations, or the very lightest in the medium shades. Guessing a 25-30 in the MAC spectrum, probably NW as the NC's look very yellow for me according to website. I can wear colors that are slightly cool, or slightly warm. I tend to look well in makeup/colors that Julianna Margulies wears, and she wears this lipstick (google it, it's everywhere). I have her exact coloring, although only that fair in January, a little darker in summer/fall, with some faint freckles---a fair-medium neutral Irish coloring. I have pigmented lips that are light-medium mauve and this lipstick goes on like MAC Amplifieds, which I love. I took off a star for two reasons: It is a little drying, so I need to wear lip balm under it & the packaging is a pain because of having to line it up top and bottom in order to click it closed...not the worst thing, but do wish it were a little more moisturizing. It is a great medium nude pinky-brown with a very slight mauve touch to it, which works for me and keeps it from looking too brown. It is the only lipstick that I actually get lots of compliments/inquiries about when I wear it. People like it because it's a soft natural pink that flatters teeth and complexion... noticeable, but subtle at the same time. Very classic goes with jeans, work, or as on Julianna can be glamorous, too! I bought 3, but want to see if it's a close match to MAC 1/2 & 1/2 because MAC is more moisturizing and probably won't discontinue like this will! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was recommended by itsjudytime on youtube and I thought Id buy it because I needed an nude color.

Didnt know what to expect from this. My everyday lip makeup up is chapstick and/or pink-red shade of Revlons Just Bitten Balm Stain. So I definitely like something long lasting.

Im not used to the texture. It definitely has flexibility when I smile which I like and the color doesn't build in between my lip lines/wrinkles. I probably wouldnt kiss my bf with this on because its a little tacky feeling, not sticky, not moisturizing...tacky. But Id feel confident that if I were to kiss him this wouldnt transfer. Unfortunately this was not long lasting on me. Good for only several hours.

Its great overall and this surely will become part of my makeup routine on normal/casual days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this lippie but im not in love with it. if it had just a BIT more pink-i would be in love (my fave is still revlons mauve it over, has more pink)! it looks like a pinky brown in the tube but on my pigmented lips, its more brown tinge of gray. i add pink to it by topping it with bobbi browns uber pink-which then makes it the perfect pinky brown. keeping it, as its a very smooth formula and not drying at all. great to use as a base to cancel out pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a great lip color on me. It looks like a deeper rose version of MLBB. Very sophisticated and great for business meetings when I need to pretend I'm 5-10 years older by wearing a sophisticated lipstick. Lasts longer than other lipsticks, but it's not drying, in fact, wears very creamy. Have no complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Nola504

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree with previous reviews that the color has very little pink in it, despite the fact it appears that way in pics. It's decent and I will use it, but for the price, I was disappointed.

My previous L'Oreal color was "Fairest Nude" that was the perfect nude with a little pink but I understand that that has been discontinued. Forever Frappe is a bit too beige/coral for me.

As for staying power, I didn't find that it was all that great either. Certainly not a long wearing lipstick but it lasted a bit longer than a non long wearing lipstick would have.

The formula is creamy and moisturizing. I will try one more color in an attempt to find a muted pink tone (maybe Unending Kiss) but that will be it. I can't justify "experimenting" with a drugstore lipstick that costs so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by samhoney

Ladies, trust me: if you love this lipstick, go out and buy an arsenal of Forever Frappe. When I find something that I absolutely adore, the product is discontinued shortly afterward. :( Makes me so damn mad!

Anyway, I love, love, love this color. On me, Forever Frappe is a light bordering on medium flat pink, no sparkle or shimmer. I am an NC 20 and have very little lip pigment, so this color is more like my lips only better.

When it feels dry, I put on a thin layer of Chap stick on top of the lipstick. I love this stuff, it's amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by aurine24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK I have been eyeing this lipstick for a few months....but hv been hesitating...my usual nude lipstick i sthe revlon matte cocoa craving...suits perfectly on my southasian skin tone (light with yellow undertones)...but then this felt just right i tested it on my hands so many times...then i finally bought it...and today is the first time i used it..its phenomenal...i hvnt used a product of this quality in a long time...first of it it glides on like a hot knife through butter..but at the same time looks matte..it gives a finishin like a thick cream - like really thick..some ppl might hate this quality its exactly the texture i love..my lips have a lot of cracks (i knw i shud take care !!) but this lipstick doesnt show any of tht...it makes it look like i have smooth lips...i hv thick lips to begin with ..this makes it look even more plump which i dn mind at all...love the way it brings it all out...i usually put thick eyeliners and this lipstick matches perfectly..i will use it for everyday and will definitely check out their infinite spice...love it