September 17, 2014 | 932 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Baby Soothing Relief Creamy Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by EmilyVO86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

A few months ago, I started wearing foundation and so I needed a good cleanser that would remove make-up but not strip my skin and thus cause breakouts. I bought Nivea cleansing wipes...oh boy...that was a mistake. Then tried the QV cleansing wipes. Dry, flaky patches soon developed near my nose and my whole face felt really tight. Must have been the alcohol and other irritants.

After reading all the great reviews online about this product, I decided to give it a go. I figured that if it was safe for babies then it should be OK on my face!

Within 24 hours of using this product for the first time, I noticed the difference. My skin felt soft and hydrated. No irritation or stinging when I applied it to my face and no redness when I got out of the shower. The consistency/appearance is very similar to Cetaphil, maybe a little bit thicker. There was only a little bit of tightness which was addressed by applying a small amount of moisturiser. Within 24 hours, the dry, flaky patches of skin had gone away completely. On days when I wear makeup, I'll do a double cleanse just to make sure all the gunk has been removed. Smooth as a baby's bee-hind.

A few days ago, I tried a different cleanser (Kiehls Ultra Cleanser) just to experiment. Did not realise that sodium lauryl sulphate was a key ingredient. Nek minnit, the dry patches (in the exact same spot as last time) came back. I persisted, thinking it might have been the retinol I was using. Then I remembered that I was using retinol at the same time I was using the Aveeno cleanser for the first time and did not have this issue. So I'm back to old faithful Aveeno cleanser once more to repair my poor, flaky skin!

Pros:
- hydrating for dry skin (and for those getting used to retinol)
- affordable (huge bottle from Priceline was like $16?)
- does not leave behind a residue
- non-irritating, perfume-free gentle formula that (so far) has not caused breakouts

Cons:
- double cleanse required to remove make-up

Will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Walko

This is excellent as a face wash. It's cheap, effective, fragrance free,(this now does not contain benzaldehyde so it is fragrance free) no artificial colours , dyes or other irritants.It's a rich creamy texture that feels silky soft and rinses well and leaves no residue.This should suit all skin types even sensitive, it is for babies after all.I've spent a fortune over the years on "cosmetic" cleansers but will not stray again now I've found this little gem.Only regret is I didn't find it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is one of my favourite cleansers. I use it for face and body. Never irritates and has no fragrance.

For my face, I squeeze out a drop onto my Innisfree foaming net, and it makes a huge, soft mound of foam which I then cleanse my face with. By using the foaming net, I avoid rubbing my skin repeatedly to produce a lather, yet it still removes any light make-up and any traces of oil/make-up remover. It doesn't sting if used around the eye area either, and doesn't dry out skin if used twice to double cleanse. I have eczema, and sensitive combination skin - I have been using this for years without any issues.

For my body, I just use this with my Salux cloth or body pouf in the shower. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about Aveeno Baby Creamy wash - you get a huge bottle, it has no fragrance or irritants, is inexpensive (and a bottle lasts months) and is mild yet does a great job for face and body. Never strips or dries out skin. I cannot recommend this highly enough for any skin type! It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say this has really been working for me, even with my cystic acne and drying BP regimen. I am on my 4th or 5th bottle and just stocked up. It removes makeup (I wash once with my hands and once with clarisonic) and does not dry skin or break me out. After using everything from Darphin to Dove bar soap, I have found a real keeper facial cleanser in this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really good stuff- I read about this cleanser here on a skincare board post and it was so cheap, I thought there was nothing to lose. I'd been looking for a less-drying cleanser to use as it gets colder and here, because my regular Clinique stuff (while great for hot, humid weather) is too drying now. This product is very mild and creamy, has a very light almond scent, and feels great on my skin. Doesn't foam up much and removes makeup really well. Has not irritated my skin in any way- no breakouts, no itchiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kbella3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading reviews on here I decided to give this a go as my Christian Dior makeup remover was getting too expensive as I was having to use more and more of it to remove my mascara. I found this at Priceline when it was on special and only paid $8AUD for it. I've been using this for a couple of months now and just love it. No other makeup remover (prestige to budget) as ever removed all my eye makeup I would have to use a seperate eye make up remover after washing my face as I still had mascara on my lashes. I use this as other reviewers, with a little water and massage on my whole face for 20 seconds or so, it rinses beautifully and adds softness to your face, plus without having to tug on the skin around your eyes is a bonus! I've only used about a quarter of it and that's using it daily so it will last you a while, would be good if you could buy this in a larger bottle with a pump as it's quite thick but that's a very minor picky observation. Interestingly I haven't lost any eyelashes since I've starting using this so either the less rubbing on my eyes or the conditioning properties of this wash are helping my lashes, either way I will always use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by lastingconnections

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This works extremely well as a face wash for my dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin! I dampen my face with water, then massage it in as a cream cleanser for about 10-20 seconds. It seems to take that long to break-down my mascara (haven't tried it with waterproof mascara). Then I get my hands wetter and wash my face again for another 10 - 20 seconds. With the extra water, it foams up and works like a foaming cleanser. Then I rinse everything off really well with water.

This does an extremely good job removing my makeup. I like the fact that I don't need a separate eye makeup remover. I've been using it for about two months and really love it. FYI--I found it in the baby section of my local discount store, not the beauty section.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Moisturizing. Removes antiperspirant well. Unscented.

CONS: None for me, really, except that mineral oil is in it, so I don't use it on my face. If you're looking for suds, you won't really find them here.

APPLICATION TIPS: This is a great dupe for Bath and Body Works' Lay it on Thick Shower Cream, except without the heavenly smell.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No