October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Pressed Powders - The All Natural Face pressed powder foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been trying out several products by AllNaturalFace as I like to use make up products that don't have all sorts of chemicals in them.
The pressed powder of theirs is quite good imho. It covers up redness/spots/etc nicely and doesn't seem to clog pores. I have extremely sensitive skin and make up products make me break out VERY easily- however, my skin doesn't seem to mind this powder... so for now I'll continue to use it :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not worth trying. The packaging is terrible, the powder crumbles and falls out of the compact. And the finish is cakey and unwearable. What a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this. The color: Porcelain Kissed by Honey is the perfect shade for my NC15 skin tone and the coverage was excellent. However, it transferred EVERYWHERE. As soon as I applied it, if I swiped my finger across any part of my face, you would see not just a little bit of product, but a lot of product. If I kissed my b/f (a small peck on the lips goodbye, for example) and my nose brushed against his, my makeup would be on his nose or wherever else I happened to brush against him for a milisecond.

****EDIT**** I'm now on Accutane again, so my normally very oily skin has turned dry, so I tried this product again to see how it worked with dry skin types. It's really close to perfection for dry skin. It's like a completely different product! It doesn't seem to break me out and it covers so incredibly well when applied with a flocked sponge. It's also a perfect match for my skin tone (Porcelain Kissed by Honey for my NC 15 skin type). The transferring issue is pretty much non-existent now, which is simply amazing. It also appears matte on my skin, without looking cakey or dry, whereas when I had oily skin, it seemed to leave a "dewy" look. I have awful skin and this stuff makes my skin look nearly flawless. My mother tried the loose powder and was really surprised by how well it covers. It covers better than all of the marketed "maximum coverage" formulas out there and The ALl Natural Face only has one formula!

So, if you have normal/dry/to slightly combination skin types, I recommend this product. But, for oily skinned women, it may not work so well for you. Its worth a try, though!

It had zero oil control power, which is expected with mineral makeup, but this seemed to exacerbate my oily skin. It also leaves a dewy look, rather than a matte finish, so I wasn't thrilled with that either. Us oily gals don't need any added dewy-ness! This stuff can't withstand any perspiring whatsover.

Also, the worst part was that it seemed to break me out horribly. I have acne prone skin, but my skin's been behaving itself lately until I started wearing this foundation. After a few weeks, I had little white bumps and huge, angry cysts all over my face. I waited several weeks after to review this product once I stopped using it to make sure it was the makeup causing the breakouts and it was. My skin cleared up. Now I'm just dealing with the red marks left behind. This pressed formulation reminded me so much of Everyday Minerals pressed foundation, which also had great coverage but a very dewy finish, no staying power, transferred like crazy, and broke me out horribly, lol.

Oddly enough, I still use this same company's concealer stick and that doesn't seem to irritate my skin, even though it's made with the same mineral makeup in a cream base. So, I'm not quite sure what was in the pressed formulation that irritated my skin. But, maybe that means the loose powder wouldn't do that. I'm also trying her Liquid foundation to see how that goes. I'll review that in a few weeks.

But, everyone's skin is different. The woman who runs the company is super nice and helpful and she does her best to offer clean, green products. So, if you have dry skin, I'm sure this product may work for you.

*******FINAL EDIT****** Sadly, this product definitely makes me break out-----horribly! And it makes me itch, especially when I sweat. I've finally figured out what the culprit is----Boron Nitride. Every foundation I've tried with this ingredient (Silk Naturals, Lauress' Ethereal foundation, Faerie Organics Maximum coverage formula, Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline formula) have given me that itchy feeling and an overt reaction.....and lots of shallow white little bumps that turn into deep cystic acne on my jaw and cheeks. When it gets really bad my forehead starts breaking out, too.

For me, Boron Nitride is as bad as Bismuth Oxychloride.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by fihe

I put this under "pressed powder" even though it's actually a foundation rather than just a setting powder o_O when I got it in the mail, some of it was crumbling off and I had to salvage the small amount of loose powder that had fallen in the bag and use it on my face as loose foundation. the rest I fortunately was able to successfully re-press using the little puff included. it appears that this powder is somewhat fragile, so I took off one lippie for that. you'll need to be careful with it when the compact is open. but I must say that the quality is quite good, just like their loose powder foundation, which I love! it costs $14 which I consider to be an average price, but compact refills are only $9! my only problem with this product is, again, that it should have been packaged better to avoid breakage in transit. however, I would buy it again. oh yeah, and even though it was a little broken, I saw that the powder had the Gandhi quote "Be the change you wish to see in the world" etched into it. What a nice touch! :)

UPDATE 02/08/11: I've found that this is a little messy to use, as the product gets all powdery when touched by a brush and then has to be wiped off after use or else it will get messy. waste of product :( still, I like this compact for when I'm in a hurry and can't bother with loose minerals.