September 2, 2014 | 1246 users online

Cleansers - SKII - Facial Treatment Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Misszeeb

Fantastic cleanser. Face felt nice and soft, clean and hydrated after use. Only downside is the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by pb84

I have never written a review without adequate trial time. This is an exception.
My freaking oily skin got stripped. I felt so tight on the face after using this after first time use. And mind you, I've been using bunch of products, from acne face wash to specifically address oily skin, yet none left my face feeling tight as this one did.
I will try again tomorrow. But for the amount of money, I expected a luxury version of face wash and great result. Not like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the gentle version of the cleanser. This product is probably best suited for those with oily skin as I found it was too drying and left my skin feeling 'tight' after use. Overall as a cleanser, it does make the skin feel fresh and rid of any impurities, however, I would not recommend this for normal skin types as the formula can be a bit harsh (even for the gentle version).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by BellaVespa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At the moment i use my brothers acne face wash he got from Thailand after i had a huge breakout and i want to prevent that from happening again. However i want to switch cleansers because now my face is starting to get really dry and flaky on my nose. I've try other cleansers from drugstore to high end and they have all left that tight and dry feeling after i get out of the shower. I would normally have to quickly apply moisturiser straight after because if i didn't my face would be so tight and i felt restricted from making facial movements.

Since i have other SK II products i thought maybe i should try this cleanser but i can't bring myself to pay $90 aud (from myer) for a cleanser with very mixed reviews. Luckily for me i've been able to collect quite a few sample sized SK II treatment essence and cleansers from the Qantas first class bags. So i've been using very little of the sample size SK II cleanser and i'm quite impressed of how foamy it gets just by using a tiny amount. My face felt super clean and for me my face was left feeling soft. I haven't had any breakouts yet and i hope it stays thats way *knocks on wood*.

I'll be definitely be getting the full sized one since i have fallen in love with this and i've also found one for a much cheaper from an Asian website.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by luilui827

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Facial Treatment Cleanser -> now Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser

I do not usually write reviews, but felt strongly about this product that I had to share my experience.

My cousin in her early 30s recommended this cleanser to me. She has glorious skin and I really wanted it to work for me.

I was expecting a "gentle" cleanser, as the name suggests. This was far from gentle. My oily combination skin got a good stripping. Felt dry and tight immediately after I dabbed my face dry. Way too strong for the skin on your face. I wouldn't even use this on my body.

It is a white soapy texture you lather with water. I squeezed about 2cm as the SKII lady suggested. I lathered with water, then gently applied onto my wet face. I dabbed my face dry and immediately I could feel it getting taut.

For the price you pay for this cleanser, I was expecting more. Really disappointed. Well, at least I gave it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by llyrek

Pricy but my go-to cleanser as it removes the day's grime but never leaves face dry or tight even if I do a second wash. A little goes a long way too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by elissagg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After trying some other SKII products for some time, I was pretty impressed with the result that I thought there was no harm in trying another one. As I was running out of my previous facial cleanser, it was a perfect chance for me to justify buying the cleanser from SKII! So after I finished my class yesterday, I rushed to the nearest SASA store to get it. Fortunately, they were having a promotion where all SKII products were 20% off! Ok, so I was quite tempted to get a lot more than what I originally planned for, but the promotion lasts until the end of this month, so I figured I could always come back if I ever need anything later, right?

I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin, so it is a humongous pain in the ass for me to actually find a cleanser that actually suits my skin condition. I was a bit worried at first, because I had not read any reviews on this product and you can't even read the description on the back of this product's box as it's all in Japanese. I did not know which skin type this product is useful for, and worst of all, the staff at SASA was not helping at all. She did not know anything about this product, and couldn't even speak English properly. I guess it's the huge drawback of living in Singapore without any Mandarin skills. Sigh.

I decided to take the plunge and buy it anyway, as I really needed a new facial cleanser and it had 20% off anyway! So, last night I tried this product for the first time, and I already see glorious results this morning!! It's amazing! My skin felt so soft when I woke up, and it had this nice glowing with less obvious redness from my old acne scars!!! Win!! I also feel that it cleanses my face really well, without leaving the skin overly tight and uncomfortable. The whole day, my face is less oily than usual as well, although I cannot tell if it is also due to my lovely Shu Uemura UV Base ;) They just work well together, I guess.

The most amazing thing that I love though, is the fact that I woke up with less obvious acne scars on my face!! Having just recovered from hideous breakouts during my freshman year in college, I really really am trying to find any product that will help me in getting rid of all the hideous leftovers from blemishes. My face is free from acne now, but it still has those ugly scars that the acnes left behind. It is amazing that it is a visible result from only one night use!!!

Price wise though, it is a bit on the expensive side. But it is totally worth it if you ask me! It is a huge bottle that can easily last for months, the results are awesome, and it smells lovely ;) Has a floral powdery scent that reminds me to the facial cream that my grandma used to use back then.

PS: I am using SKII Facial Treatment Clear Lotion and Facial Treatment Essence altogether with this cleanser too, so I guess that's why it worked so well!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Su84

This definitely tops all the cleansers ive ever used...i love the smell, the foam on my skin and most importantly how my skin feels in the end. i have acne prone sensitive skin, and my skin feel absolutely hydrated still after the wash

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a mild cleanser.. pleasant smell of roses and nice enough to use but I don't see anything else that justifies the high cost.. I didn't break out from this but I don't see any difference in my skin either, it can still feel abit dry sometimes after washing. Halfway through my tube, watery liquid oozed out when I was trying to squeeze out the cleanser and I used this liquid to create foam instead. I guessed it wasn't even properly emulsified.. but it's okay, the watery liquid depleted after a week and I continued to use it as normal. The instructions said 2-3 cm of cleanser but I think that's unrealistic.. I tried but it creates way too much foam and stings when it gets into my nostrils. I think they just write that to make you use up the outrageously expensive cleanser faster and buy another one, or I just have a small face.. I donno but 1 cm seems good enough for me. After using this cleanser, I would swipe my face with a organic cotton pad drenched in SK clear lotion and sometimes the cotton pad turns yellowish or grey from the double cleansing action so I am guessing this cleanser does not work well in cleaning your skin thoroughly despite the high price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

Definitely one of the best cleanser that I ever used. This is already my fourth bottle. This cleanser is gentle enough for my sensitive skin. This cleanser is so foamy, so for me, a little goes a long way. It has rose scented on it, but it doesn't irritate my skin. It leaves my skin incredibly smooth, clean, and slightly brighter, but doesn't dry me out.