November 29, 2014 | 1001 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a long time user of the Oleo-Relax and because of the reviews, looked into this. It has additional oil elements and that is a good thing but it failed in performance. The difference between this and Oleo-Relax is that this is greasier and if you have a heavy hand in using products, like myself, this product will not work for you. After several minutes, Oleo-Relax disappears and goes in the texture of the hair. This one sits on top.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nope, this didn't do anything for me at all. I have a history of bleaching my shoulder-length hair and some heat damage, and this did not do anything more to my hair than any drug store oil would do. It kinda coated my hair, but for the price I expected a lot better results. Smell is average too. Honestly considering selling my bottle after only a few uses, because I switched back to Moroccan oil which is a lot more effective. Do not recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry, thick , and frizzy hair and it's really unruly! :( I bought this ready to give up on all types of oils as I have tried tons of oils.... that work for a couple of hours and then my hair gets oily or frizzy again.
As soon as put the drop of oil in my hair NO JOKE it changed in an instant...!! like magic! from dry and frizzy to smooth and really shiny! Im not too crazy about the coconut-ish scent, but because of the results I'll let it pass.
My mom who has FRIED and damaged hair tried a couple of drops and was shocked to see the amazing results! It was smooth and shiny like hair! She was ilke "this is amazing!, i must buy a bottle for myself!"

I would purchase this product again without a doubt!! It's amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Missclo1234

Great product, great smell, but super expensive. I always repurchase this because it makes my hair beautiful. Amazing serum. The bottle does last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra0330

I've used this for the past year each time I wash my hair and still have more than half left! Therefore, it is a long term investmen, even though it is expensive! Works wonders with my frizzy hair: it makes it look smooth, healthy and polished without using heat. Love it and will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Shireenlouwill

I use this on dry hair, have switched to this after macadamia oil stopped doing wonders for my dry bleached ends wavy hair. So happy with this, makes my hair instantly feel like silk and frizz free, it's expensive but definitely worth it :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Harle

Made my dry hair look oily and yet it didn't moisturize at all. Seems like the product wasn't absorbed by my hair. Would rather stick to the Macadamia oil (even though it smells a little funky)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

♥ Kerastase Elixir oil it helps me protect my hair from heat damage, helps me design it, and also brings back the shine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Underwhelmed by this. It smooths down hair for a while, but doesn't impart much gloss, if hair is very frizzy, it will not resolve the problem. A good point is that it doesn't make my hair too greasy but I don't feel that my hair benefits from it particularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good silicone serum, although nothing outstanding. Kerastase is expensive, but this serum lasts very long even with everyday use. It won't leave your hair oily, dirty or flat (doesn't ruin your style), but tames the frizzes and makes hair softer. However, there is one huge problem: its cheap coconutty suntan lotion smell is so strong, that it goes on forever. Because of the good performance you could use it every day, or even more times a day if you feel like it, but the smell multiplies and causes nausea (for me at least). I used it as a pre-shampoo treatment, and it worked fine for that purpose. The smell was a horror, but I knew I'd wash it out in the end.
Tha packaging is OK, I haven't experienced any major leaking, as with the Tigi oil for example.