Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

on 4/7/2015 2:29:00 PM

My hair has been highly damaged & dry from some months - mainly due to continuous chemical used on my hair. I kept cutting the ends, going for hair spa but nothing worked. Then I went for Keratin treatment just to make me feel good. Recent I visited Mumbai & I went for a hair spa in the Oberoi's Silhouette Salon in South Mumbai (as I was staying with them). I found Exilir Ultime for Damaged hair (green one) over there & couldnt stop but buying the product. I started using the product then & their. OMG, it made my hair so so very soft, so lustrous! Its like am having my dream hair... The texture looks like oil but its not oil. Its more a serum than oil. Just apply single or just 2 pumps fir the whole wet/dry hair & get your cinderalla hair... Thanks to Kerastase!

on 4/5/2015 11:22:00 PM

This is nice but not as good as macadamia oil treatment. It makes my hair softer and more manageable but nothing more than that. I feel the moroccan oil and macadamia lines are much better. If you use too much, your hair will look greasy. I wont repurchase since for the price you can do better.

on 3/25/2015 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This time I asked my hairdresser to use it on my hair, just to see how it will feel. And It felt right.
Then I bought it.
Right now it is one of my favourite products as it leaves my frizzy thick hair soft and easier to manage.
How I use it:
- I wash my hair, I towel dry and then I apply a small amount and work it through my hair.
- then I blowdry and I feel it helps with the drying process also.
It does not weight down my hair, it doesn't affect the time between washings. It works just great.
I like the consistency and the bottle will last for a very long time, until I will get bored with it or it will expire.

As with every leave in product, one should be careful and not apply too much. It's better to just add some more if we find it's not enough, that to end up with a disaster.

on 3/6/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I believe Kerastase is part of L'Oreal. Personally I find similar types of each of these brands work VERY similarly. I always buy the L'Oreal version because it's a lot less expensive.

on 3/6/2015 2:02:00 PM

This is my first Kerastase purchase and sadly I wasn't really WOW'd by this product. I have less expensive products that do more for my hair than this. I have medium thickness, ombre dyed, shoulder length hair. My ends have been feeling a bit dry ever since I dyed it, but I've been using Davines Oi conditioner and oil which has done wonders...perhaps more so than the Kerastase. Buuut I do use the Kerastase as a pre-shampoo hair mask (2 pumps along ends) and then one pump as a leave in product. I find that this does not help the frizzies, nor does it add any shine. I do appreciate the fact that it doesn't weigh down my hair, but it is just so expensive for doing not a lot for my hair. Not to mention I HATE the scent of this...it's a weird overpowering sweet/floral/powdery horribleness that just assaults my nose.

on 2/25/2015 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like that this serum does not weigh down my fine frizzy highlighted damaged hair: I tried it as a pre shampoo treatment and it was very hard to wash out had to use ALOT of shampoo. Then I tried it on damp hair letting it air dry and it left my hair limp and frizzy I also tried it on dry hair after styling. I was underwhelmed. I think this product gave most noticeable results on dry hair making it feel softer and a little bit shinier and healthier but to me it just coated my hair and didnt feel like it penetrated into the hair. For the price of this product there are other options out there that do the same thing at half the price. I wont repurchase this. The smell is also not pleasant to me. I do however love lkerastases green line for my damaged hair its amazing, the mask and ciment thermique in particular

on 2/2/2015 2:37:00 PM

I know this is silly but the Loreal Extraordinary Oil works better on my hair.. both in winter and summer...

on 1/17/2015 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I normally love Kerastase products and find them to be top quality, but this one for me didn't fit. The texture was too heavy for my fine shoulder length hair, and the scent was unbearable--very strong, suntan oil-like smell and overbearing with no dissipation--I adore the scents in some of their other products (Cristalliste, Fluidissime), so I was very surprised. Some people might like this, but as personal preference, I will not repurchase.

I see so many people compared this Elixir ultime hair oil with Oleo relax serum, which I think a totally different product. I bought both products though (which cost a lot x'D) First of all, this hair oil and serum is not the same, therefore, of course, works differently. I have fine, natural dark brown, straight, virgin, bra strap-long hair, quite oily on the roots, and no split ends..
my hair is not frizzy yet I love to try hair products, lol.
Oleo Relax serum is made for people with frizzy and unmanageable hair, I applied this serum on damp hair, and it makes my hair really soft and frizzy-less, it also did not weight my hair down. however, this product makes my hair color slightly lighter (idk why) and my hair becomes a bit more oily on the night.
The elixir ultime hair oil in gold, tend to give more moisture to my hair (of course more oily) I love this product more as it gives the soft glossy healthy look, i use this right after styling my hair with a straightener, remember, apply only adequate amount, as if you apply more, your hair will be weighed down and terribly oily.

on 11/7/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a long time user of the Oleo-Relax and because of the reviews, looked into this. It has additional oil elements and that is a good thing but it failed in performance. The difference between this and Oleo-Relax is that this is greasier and if you have a heavy hand in using products, like myself, this product will not work for you. After several minutes, Oleo-Relax disappears and goes in the texture of the hair. This one sits on top.

Top Rated Kerastase Products