July 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Harle

Made my dry hair look oily and yet it didn't moisturize at all. Seems like the product wasn't absorbed by my hair. Would rather stick to the Macadamia oil (even though it smells a little funky)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

♥ Kerastase Elixir oil it helps me protect my hair from heat damage, helps me design it, and also brings back the shine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Underwhelmed by this. It smooths down hair for a while, but doesn't impart much gloss, if hair is very frizzy, it will not resolve the problem. A good point is that it doesn't make my hair too greasy but I don't feel that my hair benefits from it particularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good silicone serum, although nothing outstanding. Kerastase is expensive, but this serum lasts very long even with everyday use. It won't leave your hair oily, dirty or flat (doesn't ruin your style), but tames the frizzes and makes hair softer. However, there is one huge problem: its cheap coconutty suntan lotion smell is so strong, that it goes on forever. Because of the good performance you could use it every day, or even more times a day if you feel like it, but the smell multiplies and causes nausea (for me at least). I used it as a pre-shampoo treatment, and it worked fine for that purpose. The smell was a horror, but I knew I'd wash it out in the end.
Tha packaging is OK, I haven't experienced any major leaking, as with the Tigi oil for example.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jbossardv

not that great as it looks like.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My Mum gave me this so I didn't go out and buy it and after trying it I'm glad I didn't! Maybe it's just my hair type (fine) but even the tiniest pump through my dried hair made it just look like an oil slick! It also made my hair clumpy and greasy when used on my damp hair before styling. This really is a hype product that has not worked for me at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by kittycatx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I get a 50% discount at my work so I decided $10 to try this wasn't bad at all. I always use a serum in my hair after I've dried it and so I've tried a lot and this was probably my least favorite. It doesn't do anything at all besides make it shinny.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by kramsey111

Nothing special. I really wanted to like this but I just can't :/ wish I had bought my HG oil instead. Was very curious to see what this was like and also its was less money and 25ml more than my HG oil (morrocanoil)
I have dry medium to fine coloured hair and this doesn't seem to do very much.
Over priced could get very similar results with a drug store product.
Oil feels like it sits on hair (more like a shine serum)
doesn't make hair feel protected or nourished.
pros= has lasted ages! cons= told myself must wait till it runs out until I can buy HG again!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this hair oil as it makes my black hair really shine. It doesn't wear the hair down at all and doesn't make it look greasy at all, as some hair oils can.

You only need a drop to cover the bottom half of the hair. A bottle lasts me nearly a year!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:49:00 AM More reviews by loveish8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I own a lot of hair products and this one it's my favorite one next with the Kerastase Oleo Relax shampoo. This can be compared with the Macadamia oil.If you find that Macadamia or Moroccanoil are not hydrating/oily enough this can be the product for you.The Macademia it's also good but it makes the hair feel like a silky plastic doll,The hair feels less "plastic" and a lot more real human silky hair.