Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 8/4/2015 11:40:00 PM

Love love LOVE this concealer! This was one of the first concealers I ever purchased and I now I hardly feel the need to go out and find a different one! I have acne prone skin and I find that this doesn't break me out and also provides a great high coverage that isn't cakey or too heavy. I use this specifically for blemishes only, never for under eyes. It blends better with a beauty blender and I would recommend setting it with some kind of setting powder and even setting spray. On good skin days I can even wear this without foundation which I love! The packaging is simple and I really like the wand applicator. The formula is very creamy and just overall such a great product

on 8/2/2015 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this to try because of all the rave reviews and dupe for NARS. But i was abit disappointed. When i first put it on, it looks nice and applies nice. It is creamy and covers my dark circles well. But once it dries, the coverage fades, and my dark circles show through again.

on 8/2/2015 8:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Coloring: Golden medium/tan - NC35-42
Shade purchased: 35 Deep

I chose this shade particularly for correcting dark under eye. I read somewhere that, for my undertone, it's best to choose corrector/concealer that has salmon undertone that's slightly darker in shade than overall skintone. I didn't want to bother with fussy application of cream corrector. I found shade "35 Deep" has enough pink undertone and it's also a bit darker than my shade.

I usually tap 2 dots under my eyes with the wand and do short strokes and light taps with my ring finger until it's completely blended. I wait for it to set a bit then set it with powder. My face instantly looks brighter because the dark undereyes just disappeared.

Now, mind you that this concealer doesn't have full coverage. I think it's medium at best, but it's buildable and takes quite a lot to look cakey. I don't strive for fully covered dark undereyes, but this concealer neutralize them very nicely, IMO.
The texture is quite liquidy and it stays wet for a while. For me, I don't think I can use it without setting it with powder.

My only concern is the cyclopentasiloxane in it. My skin is SD/PD-prone and I've been avoiding any products containing that particular ingredient. I haven't had any flareup while using this, but most probably because I use very little only on under the eyes and it's been really hot so SD flareup is a lot less likely.
I've been considering the shade '20 Sand' to highlight, but the cyclopentasiloxane worries me. I might try it anyway, but if I get SD flareups come winter, I guess I'll be getting NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard for the purpose, although it's less yellow.

Packaging is alright. Nothing strikes as being fancy but very functional.

Too bad it's not as cheap as in US. DS products are marked up pretty high in EU. I paid around Eur8 IIRC, which is not bad, but not exactly cheap as chips either.

P.S.: This shade is similar to NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Biscuit, only that NARS has less pink undertone.

on 7/30/2015 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Nothing bad to say about it. The coverage is amazing and its just a great product for a reasonable price.

on 7/30/2015 5:42:00 PM

Great covering and nice application. Although as I use it to cover my blemishes the color of the concealer stands out of my foundation, which both were nicely matched, but you still can see darker spots and so they won't blend. Also pretty expensive but ingredients are fairly safe to your health.

on 7/29/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is amazing. It's definitely light and perfect for the under eye area and highlighting. For the price you cannot go wrong! I would repurchase over and over again. Best concealer at the drugstore!

on 7/29/2015 3:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'll agree, it's just too sheer. I like a light coverage since my skin isn't all that bad, just a little red & light under eye circles but this didn't cover anything & it did sit in my fine lines. The color match was ok, I picked the lightest shade & I'm NC15-20.

on 7/29/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I brought this concealer a few months ago (about 6 or so months) so I have had many experiences in trying this concealer and wearing it throughout the day. First off, I'd like to say that the colour match of this product is fairly good as I have yellow undertones but a fair-medium skin tone. I went for the shade number 10 Light Leger since I also wanted a bit of an under eye highlight, but it wasn't noticeably lighter than the rest of my face if I placed it on the odd blemish, and I was pretty happy with this product in that aspect.

However, I was quite disappointed with the product itself. I believe it wasn't worth the $15 I spent on it (I live in Australia and brought this from Priceline) As soon as I put this product on it accentuated my under eye "wrinkles" and I'd like to think that I don't have any since I'm quite young, and not ready to have wrinkles.... Secondly, I believe the coverage wasn't really as good as I expected it to be, my under eye circles are medium-dark and this did cover them slightly, but not to my expectations (I'm a school student and I don't want it to show that I was up all night doing work). Thirdly, I find this so hard to blend, it takes me a good 5 minutes to properly blend it and for it to set properly, I DEFINITELY recommend you use a brush for this. This product moves around so much and fades within a couple of hours, not really long lasting... Lastly, I don't know why, but I placed this concealer on my blemish and I noticed that there was a lot of sparkle? I don't know if that's just because I brought the lightest shade (it suited my skin tone fine) or if it simply just had sparkle in it... It was literally like I covered my blemish in glitter sparkles, not cute. As for the packaging, the lid gets messy quite easy as it's just plain black and well, you know what happens next. I liked the doe foot applicator, very easy to control the amount of product you apply.

Overall this product may be worth a try as it is hyped very much, but after my experiences, I would not buy it again.

on 7/27/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am a bit of a newbie to wearing concealer. Prior to buying it, I wasn't even sure how to put it on. However, my dark circles are not going anywhere anytime soon, and light though they may be, I realized that i just looked tired when I only applied foundation and left it at that.

I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a product I didn't even know how to use. My best friend suggested NARS concealer, but that price tag! And what if I hated the texture or consistency of the product? What if I got a terrible match? I listened to my gut and went off to Tarjey to select a concealer.

Maybelline quickly swayed me with their Fit Me line. I had done some research online before I went to Target, and decided on Maybelline based off of some reviews of other brands. Rimmel, Loreal, Covergirl and Physicians Formula were some of the featured reviews. I wanted something that would be fairly easy for a beginner to work with, and the Fit Me seemed like it would be the best bet.

I briefly considered the LA Girl Pro Conceal in the little tube that so many natural ladies rave about, but quickly rejected that idea. There are SO MANY different shades, I knew I would never get the correct match for my skin tone. Also, I can't seem to find a single beauty supply in my area that carries LA Girl, so unless I want to treck far into the city and try my luck at a random beauty supply, I'm forced to order online.

The first time I tried the Fit Me concealer, I purchased a shade too light. Another reviewer mentioned that this shade runs light, and she was definitely telling the truth. I bought the color Sand, the first time and it was so light and bright that I probably looked like I was wearing a mask under my eyes. I switched it out the next day for Medium, which works much better.

This concealer brightens up my undereye area and I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or if that's actually what a concealer is suposed to do and this one does its job. It certainly makes my dark circles less noticeable, but it goes on rather bright until I set it with my NARS pressed powder. Then the brightness sort of 'calms down' and I look normal, just with no dark circles.

Sometimes if I have a red blemish on my face I'll use this to cover it up, and it does a very good job at that too. I use a Real Techniques blending sponge to blend (the flat end) to settle everything down, and for now, this concealer is the answer to my prayers.
It's inexpensive ($5.99) and readily available at major drugstores and retailers. Also, I really like the packaging. The square tube reminds me of NARS and the doe foot applicator makes it easy to get the product onto your face without using your fingers.

All in all, I woud recommend this product if you need a good, inexpensive concealer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this in the shade cafe. I think this is pretty good. Not chalky or watery. Covers blemishes and unde eye darkness very well. Once set with some powder it lasts a pretty long time.